Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-14-2009, 12:31 PM   #16
The_Night_Elf
My Game's Nucking Futs

The_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: official comic book thread

With 100 bullets now done, I’m down to just “The Walking Dead” and “Fables” the only thing I get on a regular basis and even those are the Trade paper backs.
Sporadically I will pick up the TPB of big events though…I just don’t have the time or space to do the every Wednesday thing…
The_Night_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:44 PM   #17
goldenryan
I'm Back

goldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this board

i think with all the super hero movies out now, it's more acceptable to be a comic book geek now then ever before. also for anybody who is a fan of the early days of marvel check out kirby: king of comics some great stories and artwork. remember he co-created half of the marvel universe including blackbolt who zen just posted.
goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:24 PM   #18
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Any of you Batman fans should check out Morrison's new "Batman and Robin"

Its only 5 issues in, and Dick Grayson has taken over for Batman, and get this...his new Robin is actually Bruce Wayne's son.

Its a great comic, and some pretty art.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:00 PM   #19
goldenryan
I'm Back

goldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this board

if the baseball thread can get over 230 pages i see no reason this comic book thread can't become a stample here.
kraven the hunter>>>> torii hunter
Old 10-15-2009, 06:03 PM   #20
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
Any of you Batman fans should check out Morrison's new "Batman and Robin"

Its only 5 issues in, and Dick Grayson has taken over for Batman, and get this...his new Robin is actually Bruce Wayne's son.

Its a great comic, and some pretty art.
That would be Frank Quietely. And Bruce's son has been around for 2+ years now.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:07 PM   #21
goldenryan
I'm Back

kinda comic book related picked up one of these @ a flea market last summer.
Old 10-17-2009, 01:16 PM   #22
goldenryan
I'm Back

Classic artist George Tuska has passed away at age 93. He did a ton of comics work from the Golden Age.A good solid comic storyteller and artist with a very distinctive style. Probably best known for his work on Iron Man in the 70's.

RIP Tuska
Old 10-17-2009, 03:45 PM   #23
KnowledgeWithin
Hip-Hop=Life

KnowledgeWithin has an OK reputation so far

Ed McGuiness has the best Style as far as SUPER heroes go ,but average human beings they don't look that well.

GOATS

KnowledgeWithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:40 AM   #24
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

marvel and DC... ah, to be a teenager again!
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:59 AM   #25
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Been kinda wanting to get back into comics lately, but I'm like 12 years removed. Downloading the entire World War Hulk series as I type this.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:33 AM   #26
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by crounsa810
Anyone reading DC's Blackest Night arc? Its ****ing amazing

Yes. I completely love it. Im even following most of the tie-ins so far..

"blackest night - titans"

Blackest night - batman"

etc.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:34 AM   #27
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

Ah, and World War Hulk is a great story.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:30 PM   #28
Waking_Life
El Fuego Del Saber

Waking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Waking_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:39 PM   #29
The_Night_Elf
My Game's Nucking Futs

The_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat cool

Anyone have any good sites to download comics from? I kinda want to sample some titles before I go and start buying...
The_Night_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:40 PM   #30
Waking_Life
El Fuego Del Saber

Waking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Night_Elf
Anyone have any good sites to download comics from? I kinda want to sample some titles before I go and start buying...

I use to frequent pirate bay till it went south

check out kickasstorrents.com its whatz up, yo. word.
Waking_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: