Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-08-2010, 08:28 PM   #391
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: official comic book thread

i liked the latest spidey comic, slightly predictable, but it set up the rest of the saga to be interesting
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:40 AM   #392
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

40 worst Rob Liefeld drawings.

http://progressiveboink.com/archive/robliefeld.html

this is a funny read. here's a few of the winners

Quote:
The most important thing you need to know before reading about all the terrible things Rob Liefeld has drawn is that he has never seen or talked to a woman in his life and has no idea what they look like or how their bodies operate. If you asked Rob Liefeld to draw a diagram of the uterus he'd put on a pair of gauntlets and punch the shit out of your chalkboard. This is how the man operates, and though I know it sounds like a lot, you have to believe me. I don't want you looking at the stuff he's drawing and think he's a conscious adult male with a creative job who can and has influenced the minds of young artists. The man is a pair of blue jeans with a face. He has on a backwards cap, and when he turns it around, it's still backwards.

This is what a woman looks like to Rob Liefeld. I can't even kid about this. It's ****ing ridiculous. ****ing ricockulous. She's wearing a string of pouches where her stomach should but could not possibly be and both her thighs and forearms are larger than her abdomen. She has a big ole ass and torpedo tits, and I geniuenly think that when Rob finished drawing her he sat back, frowned, looked over at his friend, and said "yikes, sorry, guy."

That gun is totally bending in the middle, right? It’s not just me?

What are those sticks that are coming out of Cable and Deadpool’s rucksacks? Swords? Knives? Novelty cigars? Why does Cable have HAL 9000 on his back? Why is Cable six times bigger than Deadpool? Jesus Christ look how big his left arm must be.

A fun Liefeld drinking game: take a shot for every pouch he draws on a character. Oh great, now you have alcohol poisoning.

Welcome to the 90s! Guns, swords, and long hair. Is it any wonder that it took so long for comic books to be a socially-acceptable artistic medium? If Jack Kirby is the Thomas Edison of comics, Rob Liefeld is the Al Jolson. Except I think Al Jolson could draw pretty well.

I really cannot get over how enormous Rob tends to draw his male characters. Really, they’re so over muscled and a stereotype of a stereotype that they just end up looking like weird wrinkly fatasses. All the pouches and half-shirts ain’t helpin either.

If I had a nickel for every time Liefeld had his characters standing behind something so he didn’t have to draw their feet, I would still not have nearly as much money as Rob Liefeld.
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:42 PM   #393
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Shadowland #1 was sweet! It has me excited about characters I do not care for: Spiderman, Moon Knight, and Iron Fist
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 03:01 PM   #394
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I slept on Doomwar (partly because JR JR did the cover art and made it look preposterously stupid). Good series.

DL'ing Shadowland. It looks very promising.

Oh and I've come to the conclusion that Brightest Day sucks dick.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 03:08 PM   #395
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I am currently reading the first story arc of Golgo 13. It is great so far. I think Dash might be hooked.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 03:12 PM   #396
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7

Oh and I've come to the conclusion that Brightest Day sucks dick.
i disagree.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:17 PM   #397
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
i disagree.

The whole series is basically just a set up for whatever is to come. Its been uneventful and no questions have even been remotely answered 5 issues in. I'd like to see more martian manhunter too.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:14 PM   #398
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Shadowland was pretty awesome. The rest of the story looks to be very good.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:19 PM   #399
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
The whole series is basically just a set up for whatever is to come. Its been uneventful and no questions have even been remotely answered 5 issues in. I'd like to see more martian manhunter too.
i view it as all long lasting sagas, like 52. i'll judge it when it's over. it also has firestorm, who while absent the past couple of comics, is one of my favorites.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:29 PM   #400
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
i view it as all long lasting sagas, like 52. i'll judge it when it's over. it also has firestorm, who while absent the past couple of comics, is one of my favorites.

Maybe it will develop into something better but I am very unimpressed so far. I at least like the reference to the oil spill in the last issue.

The Aquaman storyline is at least getting interesting.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:04 AM   #401
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Anybody reads Garth Ennis' The Boys?
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:07 AM   #402
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I cant wait to read the 10th issue of Deadpool: Merc With A Mouth

Last edited by ZeN : 07-12-2010 at 06:21 AM.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:16 AM   #403
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

BATMAN #701
SUPERMAN #701
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #637 super pumped for this
ASTONISHING SPIDER-MAN WOLVERINE #2
THANOS IMPERATIVE #2
X-FORCE SEX AND VIOLENCE #1 (OF 3)
X-MEN HELLBOUND #3 (OF 3) $3.99
X-MEN SECOND COMING #2

a decent week for comics
Old 07-14-2010, 12:18 AM   #404
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Only one I'm looking forward to is Thanos Imperative 2.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:24 AM   #405
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Juges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation here

Question, do you guys still buy comics or do you just read them online?
Juges8932 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: