Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-13-2010, 11:25 PM   #406
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Only one I'm looking forward to is Thanos Imperative 2.

how can you not be pumped for the conclusion of the Grim Hunt... poor spidey

and

i'm also pumped for this
Quote:
Production Weekly reports that Marvel plans to begin filming the adaptation of Runaways in January.

Created by Brian K. Vaughan and Adrian Alphona, Runaways centers on six kids who discover their parents are super-villains known as the Pride. Fleeing from their homes, the kids band together to learn about their inherited powers, defeat the Pride and make up for the evil committed by their parents.

Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:27 PM   #407
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I like Spidey as a character but I normally don't read his comics.

Also, I normally just download comics but occasionally buy them.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:27 PM   #408
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juges8932
Question, do you guys still buy comics or do you just read them online?
i'm a broke college student sooo.... i read mine online
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:32 PM   #409
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Question, do you guys still buy comics or do you just read them online?
read on my iPad, I don't want to dedicate any more room in my house to comics. I have too many boxes I need to get rid of I dont need more.

Last edited by rezznor : 07-13-2010 at 11:35 PM.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:36 AM   #410
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Juges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation here

Hmm, what are you all's favorites to read?

I always liked Spider-man, Batman, Superman, and X-Men growing up. I watched Cartoons, the movies, and watch Smallville lol.

I am pretty knowledgeable on Superman and a lot of the characters (After The Incredible Hulk came out in '08, I spent hours reading about a ton of the Marvel Universe comic-book characters online to get an idea behind the history of the character).

Are comics better nowadays than they were in the past? They always seemed like glorified picture-books to me? With the lame "Bam!" "Whack!" etc stuff and not as much conversation.
Juges8932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:35 AM   #411
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My normal reading is Green Lantern comics, anything Batman, Invincible, Irredeemable, Superman, anything Avengers, and Thor. I have been reading a lot of The Authority lately too because I am trying to catch up to where they currently are. The Authority is fantastic btw for anyone looking for something good to read (recommended to me by rezznor).
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:22 AM   #412
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Are comics better nowadays than they were in the past? They always seemed like glorified picture-books to me? With the lame "Bam!" "Whack!" etc stuff and not as much conversation.
Lol you sound like you're 50. Comics were too dark and extreme from the 80s-90s and now they are a little more normalized.

I only buy issues like once in a blue moon but I read whatever interests me. Usually: The main batman ongoing, Red Robin, Green Lantern, all the X-men ongoings, whatever avengers ongoings, iredeemable, Invincible, Fables, Walking Dead, Nemesis, etc.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:12 AM   #413
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I generally only read events and, their tie-ins. The only on-going that I am guaranteed to check out is Secret Warriors. If I come across an interesting looking trade I will check it out. The things that have my attention are The Second Coming, The Thanos Imperative, Shadowland, and Golgo 13.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:19 AM   #414
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Thanos Imperative should definitely be good..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:26 AM   #415
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hope there's some new X-Factor this week.
Peter David
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:24 AM   #416
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Old 07-15-2010, 03:24 AM   #417
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

Old 07-15-2010, 03:58 AM   #418
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
read on my iPad, I don't want to dedicate any more room in my house to comics. I have too many boxes I need to get rid of I dont need more.

Im kind of feeling like I may start to go this route...Although I enjoy the feel of a comic in my hands, I simply am running out of room. After awhile people dont realize just how FAST those comics pile up, and the next thing you know, you just have NO room.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:00 AM   #419
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
Im kind of feeling like I may start to go this route...Although I enjoy the feel of a comic in my hands, I simply am running out of room. After awhile people dont realize just how FAST those comics pile up, and the next thing you know, you just have NO room.
And there's the money issue too
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:19 AM   #420
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
And there's the money issue too

At 3-5 dollars a pop, I simply cannot even keep up with all the titles I'd LIKE to be reading. Ive had to drop several titles in general and just stick with a select few...

No room to even experiment considering how high the prices have become.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: