Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-19-2009, 01:51 PM   #31
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Night_Elf
Anyone have any good sites to download comics from? I kinda want to sample some titles before I go and start buying...
demonoid is great whenever it comes back up, in the meanwhile ive been using mininova
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:30 PM   #32
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I recently read the 1st half of The Secret Invasion. Dash enjoyed it.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:32 PM   #33
Dasher

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
second half is even better.. make sure to read up on all the deadpool content.. primo stuff..
I don't really like Deadpool.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:46 PM   #34
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
me too. gimmicky stuff.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:48 PM   #35
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:49 PM   #36
Dasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
*the connection has been severed*
My favorite Marvel characters are:
The Kingpin
  • Nick Fury
  • The Black Panther
  • Magneto
  • Gambit
I just can't stand chirpy 80s-90s style characters. Deadpool never shuts the hell up. He reminds me of the sidekicks and lackeys I had growing up. I chatised them regularly for disturbing my cherished silence.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:56 PM   #37
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Kudos on the Magneto selection.. he rarely is given the proper attention deserved. House of M is still my favorite Marvel Event.
Magneto is the most popular and most recognized X-men villain. Almost everyone on Marvel Earth fear or respect him as well.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:02 AM   #38
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
Magneto is the most popular and most recognized X-men villain. Almost everyone on Marvel Earth fear or respect him as well.

So with that stated.. where does he currently stand in the marvel universe? Do you think that hes being treated as a major character at the moment?

Plus, im not only ref. comic books but also movie form. I love Ian McKellen but I dont think selecting him, gave justice to the viral presence that Magneto's character holds.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:07 AM   #39
vapid
Paranoid Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
So with that stated.. where does he currently stand in the marvel universe? Do you think that hes being treated as a major character at the moment?

Plus, im not only ref. comic books but also movie form. I love Ian McKellen but I dont think selecting him, gave justice to the viral presence that Magneto's character holds.
Magneto just came back. He flies down to the X-men's new utopia and Cyclops instantly calls for them to go into some battle plan they created just for him, so yes he is treated as a major threat. Magneto never stays out of the picture for too long and it looks like hes coming back again.

In the Ultimate universe the ridiculous reset was basically Magneto owning the world. He created a tidal wave that wiped out New York and was responsible for a plan that basically killed 60% of the Marvel heroes.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:21 AM   #40
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
Magneto just came back. He flies down to the X-men's new utopia and Cyclops instantly calls for them to go into some battle plan they created just for him, so yes he is treated as a major threat. Magneto never stays out of the picture for too long and it looks like hes coming back again.

In the Ultimate universe the ridiculous reset was basically Magneto owning the world. He created a tidal wave that wiped out New York and was responsible for a plan that basically killed 60% of the Marvel heroes.

I'm happy when every they give him his due diligence.. but the grandiose way that you are attempting to describe his recent developments, is inaccurate.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:31 AM   #41
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher

It's funny what appearing in a movie can do for a comic book character. A few years ago, during Deadpool's prime years (Joe Kelly days), the comic book was getting cancelled every month.
Now you got 3 regular series and a lot of specials/crossovers.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:14 AM   #42
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000

It's funny what appearing in a movie can do for a comic book character. A few years ago, during Deadpool's prime years (Joe Kelly days), the comic book was getting cancelled every month.
Now you got 3 regular series and a lot of specials/crossovers.

Cable and Deadpool was freakin' awesome yo.. word.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:46 AM   #43
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Cable and Deadpool was freakin' awesome yo.. word.
I agree, but I think Deadpool's first run was better.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:09 AM   #44
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
I agree, but I think Deadpool's first run was better.

I agree.. due to the fact that it was fresh and new in its first run, so the concept was easier to warm up to.. and I can also see how after a good amount of time the brazen humor can become irksome. However, in the end I think with you as well as others like Vapid, I think its a diff. of taste. I can read nonstop sarcastic, 'gimmicky' chatter forever... while others may find it tiresome. To me the zany wacky stylingz are splendid and can do no wrong. While for others its just redundant and much too nutzo. So i think in this particular topic, it all refines down to a difference of tolerance.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:53 AM   #45
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

impact comics
including some of my favorites
black hood
black jack
Captain Commando

and of course

the web
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: