Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-25-2010, 02:59 AM   #631
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: official comic book thread

Comical works just fine for me.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:47 AM   #632
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Kirk
To the Spider-Man readers, I need a little assistance. I wanted to start reading Spider-Man from the beginning (even though I know a lot of the early story) so I'm downloading a torrent. I looked into the folder and notice it sorta doesn't begin at #1 and this is what the uploader put:

Can someone tell me exactly how far along The Other is from the beginning of the series? I read a little on Wiki but I didn't quite understand what I was reading. Thanks for any help.

Also, there is Spider-Man Back In Black, when should I read that if I want to go in chronological order?
The Other was released in the fall of 2005
Spider-Man: Back in Black was released in 2007 after the Civil War.

and by the beginning, do you mean the very very beginning like Amazing Fantasy #15?
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:45 PM   #633
Captain Kirk
Beat the world...

Captain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
The Other was released in the fall of 2005
Spider-Man: Back in Black was released in 2007 after the Civil War.

and by the beginning, do you mean the very very beginning like Amazing Fantasy #15?

Yes. I have one torrent that has Amazing Spider-Man 1-517. Then another that has The Others, Back In Black, and 540-642. So from 518 to 540, am I missing issues or are they apart of The Others?
Captain Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:43 AM   #634
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Kirk
Yes. I have one torrent that has Amazing Spider-Man 1-517. Then another that has The Others, Back In Black, and 540-642. So from 518 to 540, am I missing issues or are they apart of The Others?
here actually is a good list.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...der-Man_comics

i think your missing only a couple comics, like a New Avengers arc from 518-524 and a civil war tie-in from 529-538
Old 09-27-2010, 01:47 AM   #635
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Fantastic Four 583

Quote:
just some comics that will be out next week

Amazing Spider-Man #644 (always wanting more spidey)
Secret Warriors #20
Avengers Prime #3
Captain America #610
Heroic Age: One Month to Live #5 (i can't find 3 and 4 though...)
Namor: The First Mutant #2
X-Men Forever 2 #8
X-Men Legacy #240
X-Men: Curse of the Mutants - X-Men vs. Vampires #1
that was on the marvel side. here are some from DC

Action Comics #893
Detective Comics #869
Teen Titans #87
Wonder Woman #603

and Image
Chew #14.

pretty slow week for DC
Old 09-27-2010, 04:33 PM   #636
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Solicitation for Chaos War #2
Old 09-27-2010, 04:37 PM   #637
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Marvel held its latest "Marvel Universe: The Next Big Thing" conference call Monday afternoon, focusing on the first post-"Brand New Day" arc of "Amazing Spider-Man," "Big Time." On the call were writer Dan Slott, editor Stephen Wacker, and Marvel's Junior Sales Administrator James Viscardi, who is moderating the discussion.

"With the end of the current writers' run on 'Amazing Spider-Man,' we're wrapping up 102 issues of story," Wacker said, referring to "Brand New Day," and said that now it's time to discover what happens to Peter Parker next. "Dan was just bursting with ideas," Wacker added, saying that now he will have a chance to use these ideas.

"Big Time is about big changes for Peter Parker in his life," Slott said. He added that "everything gets bigger," including page count, now 30 pages per biweekly issue. Some issues will devote all pages to a lead story while some will have backups, but any backups will be set in current continuity.

Peter Parker will get a new career, Slott added—"not a job, a career," which is new for him. "One of the things we've seen about Peter since the moment he got his spider-powers is that he's always been struggling paycheck to paycheck," Slott noted, but asked readers to recall that Peter Parker is an intelligent guy, not unlike Tony Stark and Reed Richards. "This is a guy who, in high school, invented the world's strongest epoxy and a means to project it."

The next arc will begin returning some major villains, including Mac Gargan as the Scorpion, but also return newer characters like Mr. Negative.

"With the first issue of 'Big Time,' 648, you're going to see some classic characters moving forward in new ways—and for some, that may mean leaving the book," Slott said.

"We'll have a whole new cast of characters to choose from with Peter's new career," Wacker said, but said that existing supporting characters will remain, some in new roles.

Slott said it was "great" to work with other Marvel Universe characters like the Fantastic Four and Avengers, which appear in the first several issues of the new arc. "Within our first few arcs you're going to meet a new hero, who will debut in 'Amazing Spider-Man,' Slott said." Wacker added that Spider-Man is "the average man's eyes and ears" on teams like the Avengers. "He's a guy who's doing the best he can, but he's surrounded by the world's greatest soldier and a god of thunder." Wacker added that this makes 'ASM' "one stop shopping. If you can only buy one book, get 'Amazing Spider-Man' and he'll show you the Marvel Universe."

Slott said that Spider-Man's supporting cast has always been "very glamorous, like they could have walked out of 'Friends.'" Artist Humberto Ramos's newly designed characters, though, "look like people you know."

"With Hobgoblin, we really want to do something that sets him apart from Green Goblin," Slott said of the first arc's villain. "You look at him and he'll have this Medieval feel, like a gargoyle." Slott noted that, in past, the Hobgoblin's appeal has been in the mystery, but in the new arc "there will not be a long, drawn out mystery—we're going to show you exactly who's behind the mask." There was also some banter about the pronunciation of former Hobgoblin "Macendale," which Slott pronounced "Mack-n-dale," to everyone's puzzlement. ("Mace-n-dale" was preferred.)

Slott said that readers will know who Peter's new girlfriend is before the new arc starts. "We're going to see something we haven't seen in a long time, since we're used to having him in a long term relationship with Mary Jane." He added that Mary Jane will remain part of the cast, and it will be interesting to see how she fits in.

"I'm always going to miss being part of the 'Brand New Day' team," Slott said when asked about the collaborative process. "It's also like going back to school—'oh wow, look how Fred Van Lente structured this.' I'll miss that."

Slott did say, though, that as characters reveal themselves through the writing process, some of his own ideas had to be sidelined while he waited his turn. "Even though I'm the only writer now, it's still a huge collaborative process," Slott said, name-checking Ramos, his editors, and the rest of the team.

"I'm going to miss the other web-heads, because they were much better at catching errors in the story than I am," Wacker said.

Slott said that Spider-Girl (formerly Araņa) will appear in #648 and that the new hero mentioned earlier will be female, but Wacker said that Spider-Girl's main home will be in her own series.

Peter's new job will invoke his science knowledge, and "a character close to Pete who has a science background that people forget about" will play a role. Slott also noted that Peter will be giving his science knowledge to Spider-Man, as well, possibly updating his arsenal.

There will be at least one new costume making use of Peter's inventions, Wacker said. "This isn't like Spider-Man showing up to Mary Jane's fashion show and saying, 'make me a suit.'"

"The difference is in Peter's life direction," Slott said of the difference between "Brand New Day" and "Big Time" from Peter's perspective, especially in the choices he makes. Wacker joked, "Also, now he only has one voice in his ear instead of five."

"There will be a change to the roster of spider-powers" during the first arc, Slott said, but no "spider-cave" as yet, in response to a question.

Issue #648 will be 39 pages of lead story plus an 8-page backup, Viscardi said by way of wrapping up the call.

I'm pumped for Big Time
Old 09-29-2010, 09:30 AM   #638
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

woo talking to myself
Old 09-29-2010, 09:38 AM   #639
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
woo talking to myself
Welcome to the club..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:38 AM   #640
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Welcome to the club..
Yes!! The Group is Growin!!
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:34 PM   #641
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Last edited by Black Joker : 09-29-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:37 AM   #642
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Old 10-03-2010, 04:09 AM   #643
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Alright so I took a break from Sandman for a while to read Scott Pilgrim but now I'm back to SM and I have a question.

Is God the Supreme being in the series? Because they mention that Lucifer Mornigstar is more powerful than Morpheus and everyone else EXCEPT the Creator.

And you know how you see the Asgardians, and the Egyptian Gods, and such and I was wondering if it was like Marvel where all the Gods are actually just other dimensional beings or if they all fall under the Created.

And if THAT'S the case were the Endless created by God because I remember Death telling someone that they were there when the Universe was born and would be there when until it died so... I'm a little confused.

But it's a great series.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:58 AM   #644
the
chocolate tastes good

the is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterthe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterthe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterthe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterthe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterthe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterthe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterthe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterthe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazerface
i'm a big fan of sam kieth's artwork.

nice.
the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:40 AM   #645
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Brightest Day #11
Chaos War #1
S.H.I.E.L.D. #4

Ultimate Comics Thor #1
Uncanny X-Force #1
Wolverine #2
Spider-Man Back in Quack #1
Superman: Last Family of Krypton #3
Tron: Betrayal #1
Taskmaster #2
American Vampire #7