Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-18-2011, 11:40 PM   #931
Black Joker
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I kinda like that Spidey has to rely on his intelligence now instead of "spidey sense."
that has been an interesting development, especially considering all applications he used it for that he didn't even realize, like web-swinging
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:40 PM   #932
Black Joker
NBA lottery pick

Nightcrawler's Return??

Quote:
During the "MARVEL: Welcome to the X-Men" panel at this year's Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo, the subject of Nightcrawler's death was a popular topic of discussion. Attending fans not only voiced their grief over the "bamfing" German mutant's demise, but most wondered if/when the character would be brought back to life.

As one attendee put it, "I heard somebody once say that X-Men come back to life more than Jesus."

So what was the response from the Marvel honchos on the panel?

"We've talked about it within the X-Men office," noted X-Editor Daniel Ketchum. "It's always a card on the table. I guess I'll leave it up to you to figure out, 'Well, are we going to play to type or go against the grain?'"

Uh, yeah... we'll leave it up to you to decipher that response.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:42 PM   #933
Black Joker
NBA lottery pick

first look at Diana's costume in the new wonder woman series

really, the top is fine, but the pants... either go with the hot pants, skirt, or jeans
Old 03-18-2011, 11:43 PM   #934
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
that has been an interesting development, especially considering all applications he used it for that he didn't even realize, like web-swinging

I think it will make his character more interesting as he makes innovations to deal with problems. Like how he came out looking like a badass after that hostage dude tried to blow him up. He might be able to come up with new suits like Stark always does.

I personally like the new jeans type look Wonder Woman has,
Jailblazers7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:46 PM   #935
Black Joker
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I think it will make his character more interesting as he makes innovations to deal with problems. Like how he came out looking like a badass after that hostage dude tried to blow him up. He might be able to come up with new suits like Stark always does.

I personally like the new jeans type look Wonder Woman has,
same, fanboys had a fit when they initially saw the change. but that would've been the easiest costume to adapt to TV
Old 03-18-2011, 11:49 PM   #936
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
same, fanboys had a fit when they initially saw the change. but that would've been the easiest costume to adapt to TV

**** the fanboys. It looks better but then again I'm a more recent comic book fan. The only costumes I see as pretty much untouchable are Supes and Batman.
Jailblazers7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:16 AM   #937
ZeN
Stormblessed

wtf.. no WW bikini bottom..??..

lack of bottom nudity doesn't look appropriate, but i know that pants is logical choice for television..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:24 PM   #938
Black Joker
NBA lottery pick

The lizard will be the villain in the upcoming Spidey flick
Quote:
Gotta wonder if Sony is regretting hiring the star of Soul Man right about now. Even though it's been rumored for awhile, actor C. Thomas Howell has now confirmed that the villain played by Rhys Ifans in The Amazing Spider-Man is indeed the Lizard.

Old 03-19-2011, 09:26 PM   #939
Black Joker
NBA lottery pick

Steven King in talks to direct an episode of The Walking Dead

Quote:
The IGN Theatre at C2E2 hosted a packed house for The Walking Dead panel today and fans learned that Stephen King is in talks to write a Season 2 episode. (Editor's Note: Eff yeah!)

Laurie Holden, who plays Andrea on the series, dropped the news at the panel. Which episode that might be is still up in the air.

Frank Darabont, the show's executive producer, has a long-standing relationship with King, having adapted King's Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile and The Mist for the big screen.

Jon Bernthal, who plays Shane, also revealed that Darabont will not direct the Season 2 premiere, but will most likely helm an episode later in the season's run.
In the first season of The Walking Dead, we saw the characters go to some very dark places. Expect Season 2 to get much darker, especially for Andrea and Shane. The actors hinted that things are going to get worse before they get better for their respective characters, as Season 2 takes Rick and Company on a journey to Hershell's Farm.

For Andrea, Holden promised that her character will deal with the aftermath of her suicide attempt in the Season 1 finale "TS-19".

"[Andrea] will be at rock bottom," Holden said. "She will not make it easy on Dale for saving her life from the events in the CDC... She's trying to find her feet again, [and] finds herself set to avenge her sister's death."

Holden also said that fans will see her live-action character get closer to her comic book roots. We will see Andrea "emerge as a warrior" with the actress looking forward to "shooting up some zombies."

Shane's complicated relationship with Rick, Lori and Carl will bring about "the best and worst" in him come Season 2.

When asked if that meant that Shane will finally meet the fate of his comic book counterpart's, Bernthal said he didn't know, and that the writer's haven't told him anything. (The writer's room for Season 2 recently reopened for business, with Season 2 stories currently being developed.)

But both Holden and Bernthal implied that, as much as everyone wants to get to the prison, Season 2 may have too much going on to spotlight that story arc. "But we might," Holden said.

Holden also implied that, maybe, Tyreese, Michonne and The Governor will make their presence known in some way come Season 2.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:27 PM   #940
Black Joker
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Fear Itself is one of Marvel's biggest events since Civil War. It should come as no surprise that new tie-in projects are still being announced in the weeks leading up to the debut of Fear Itself #1.

At C2E2 today, Marvel revealed the latest of these projects - Fear Itself: The Deep. As the title suggests, this tie-in takes place in the underwater portion of the Marvel Universe, and Namor is the star of the show. Cullen Bunn (The Sixth Gun) is penning the mini-series, and Lee Garbett (Batgirl) is the penciller.
Marvel's official description for the mini indicates that Namor will be targeted for death by one of the Worthy - the warriors selected by The Serpent to wield hammers of great power. And with the X-Men busy dealing with the Juggernaut's rampage in the pages of Uncanny X-Men, Namor is forced to assemble a new team to help battle his new foe.

That team should appeal greatly to fans of the classic Defenders lineup. Namor will once again team with Doctor Strange and Silver Surfer, with Lyra the Savage She-Hulk filling in for her father. But is even this team of heavy-hitters enough to overcome one of the Worthy?

Marvel didn't specify how long this mini-series will be, but readers can expect the first issue to hit in July. For now, check out some preview art from the first issue.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:30 PM   #941
ZeN
Stormblessed

Been waiting anxiously for Fear Itself.. particularly with Chaos War having been a let down..
Old 03-19-2011, 09:31 PM   #942
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Hey Black Joker, can you help me (Captain Kirk btw) with reading Civil War, like maybe some info on where i begin it and end it. Since i don't read consistently im not really sure of the sequence in which stories or issues go that aren't apart of main series (i.e. #1, #2, etc).
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:34 PM   #943
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Read some fantastic comics lately. "Persepolis" and "Chicken with Plums" by iranian author Marjane Satrapi, and "Pyongyang" by french canadian author Guy Delisle. I recommend all of them.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:35 PM   #944
ZeN
Stormblessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
Hey Black Joker, can you help me (Captain Kirk btw) with reading Civil War, like maybe some info on where i begin it and end it. Since i don't read consistently im not really sure of the sequence in which stories or issues go that aren't apart of main series (i.e. #1, #2, etc).
Jebus.. if you really plan on reading the main books and the tie-ins then your in for a big freakin' task.. That event has a large amount of books.. I should know I bought every single on of em'.. back when I use to actually purchase them..

There's at least 63 books (according to the bottom link) in the event, but I actually suspect there is more.

http://borkweb.com/story/marvel-civil-war-reading-order
Old 03-19-2011, 09:48 PM   #945
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

^Thanks a bunch
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: