Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-20-2011, 07:32 PM   #976
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: official comic book thread

Marvel's Next Big Thing Panel highlights

Quote:
The panel started by discussing the current "Death of Spider-Man" story in the Ultimate world. "If you're half as invested in this book as a reader as I am as a writer, you'll be a basketcase by the end," said Bendis, noting that Mark Bagley makes his return to the Ultimate world on the book along with "Probably the best selection of variant covers I've ever seen...it's a heart-wrenching story, and it'll change the book forever if not kill it."

Quote:
Cebulski said that with the upcoming "Heart of the Monster" arc in "Incredible Hulks" writer Greg Pak would wrap his many years run with the character. All threads and emotional themes from Paks run would be wrapped up there.

Quote:
Cebulski spoke on perpetually asked after book "Runaways" by saying that Marvel loves the book and even though no new book is on the late at this moments, some of the characters would be showing up on their own in various places in the Marvel U, and when the team does finally return, the big questions about Gert and other dangling plot threads will be explained.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=31420
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:35 PM   #977
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm excited for Fear Itself. Looks to be really good.

I'm not really a Flash reader but maybe that will change with Flashpoint.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:03 PM   #978
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Does anyone know what series lead into Fear Itself? Im not caught up with the Avengers books, so I dont know where there connections are..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:09 PM   #979
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

of course the Book of Skull is the primer, but there haven't really been any books that have directly led into it other than that, as of yet. the Avengers are still dealing with infinity gems, secret avengers are dealing with John Steele.

i guess maybe Captain America? i mean the Red skull was prominent in the trial of cap, but it kinda is going to swerve away from that with the next arc...
Old 03-20-2011, 09:12 PM   #980
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
of course the Book of Skull is the primer, but there haven't really been any books that have directly led into it other than that, as of yet. the Avengers are still dealing with infinity gems, secret avengers are dealing with John Steele.

i guess maybe Captain America? i mean the Red skull was prominent in the trial of cap, but it kinda is going to swerve away from that with the next arc...
Yeah, I just read that this first book will open up the story, showing a Cap and Red Skull fight that 'hasnt been revealed'. Also,about some Thor (Fear Itself related) stuff that involves spoilers..
Old 03-22-2011, 06:46 PM   #981
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Yeah, I just read that this first book will open up the story, showing a Cap and Red Skull fight that 'hasnt been revealed'. Also,about some Thor (Fear Itself related) stuff that involves spoilers..
the upcoming .1 issues of Cap America and Thor have a good chance of tying in
Old 03-22-2011, 06:51 PM   #982
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
A while back, Green Hulk wound up on an alien planet, soon to be deemed "Planet Hulk." Now, original Planet Hulk artist Carlo Pagulayan teams up with current Hulk scribe Jeff Parker to do the same with Red Hulk. This summer, Red Hulk is cast onto an unknown world in Hulk #34 and #35. Marvel is teasing that both Hulks having their own planets is not merely a coincidence, but a plot by a greater force controlling their destinies.

"Planet Red Hulk takes our hero further along his voyage of understanding that he is his own greatest enemy when Red is sent into a distant alien culture at war," said Parker. "It seems to have inspired original Planet Hulk artist Carlo Pagulayan to make the most jaw-dropping art I've ever seen him do -- and he was already incredible!"

"Carlo put an undeniably unique and imaginative stamp on green Hulk and now he's bringing that magic to this arc of red Hulk," said Marvel Senior Editor, Mark Paniccia. "He's one of the best world-builders in the industry."

Under any other writer, we might be hesitant about revisiting such a familiar plotline. In the hands of Jeff Parker, we're ecstatic to do so.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:20 PM   #983
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

yo comic book people tell me what you think of this idea i had for a comic

I envision each issue to be like 6-8 pages.

Each issue starts of with batter being poored into muffin tins and put in the oven with some kind of narration like "and from the stirring of the primordial ooze life doth appear" and then as the muffins start to cook they all come to life and have discussions. Each episode will be based on a different theme, for example fear, greed, original sin, sometimes one muffin assumes leadership, othertimes they all fight for power in anarchic chaos, sometimes they hurt eachother. The muffins don't know why they exist or what their purpose is or where they are, sometimes they are confused (ignorance), sometimes sometimes they just party without giving a f*ck for their future (lust), they talk about anything from the meaning of their existance to random shit they shouldnt even know about because their muffins.

Then each issue ends with the oven being opened and an epic line will be written for example "come on lads, let's see what's out there" or better yet I can get quotes about death from genius writers

because obviously the muffins coming from batter, getting baked and then ultimately eaten is a whole metaphor for the question what is the meaning of life. We know of course the muffins will be eaten (death) but the muffins don't. They dont know whats out there once the oven turns off. We as human beings dont either.

I feel the muffins vehicle will allow me to explore many different themes. If they need props then what the muffins can do is pull batter out of themselves to create stuff, for example weapons, when I explore the theme of war. I can also do parodies for example of the movie godfather for example, one batch could be mafia muffins, there could be a tray that is only 2 muffins baking and the other one empty and they decide they are in love at first site so it explores the theme of love and marriage.

The humor of the comic will come from the fact that muffins are having deep intense existential conversations, and also from the humorous way they are drawn. If I plan out the writing abit I think I can make it pretty good

Does this idea sound disasterous and not worth it or like it has potential?

Because right now after not sleeping for a few days and just finishing a bullshit essay it seems like it could be really good.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:47 AM   #984
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

you lost me at Muffins...
Old 03-23-2011, 10:34 AM   #985
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Old 03-23-2011, 10:59 AM   #986
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

i always miss comic book Wednesday because working graveyard keeps me feeling like its currently Tuesday..lol
Old 03-23-2011, 11:52 AM   #987
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Old 03-23-2011, 11:56 AM   #988
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

thats a one shot or the beginning of a new storyline..??..
Old 03-23-2011, 12:20 PM   #989
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
thats a one shot or the beginning of a new storyline..??..
new storyline, since the Fantastic Four ended, this is their new series FF(Future Foundation)
Old 03-23-2011, 12:21 PM   #990
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: