Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-03-2011, 11:50 AM   #1006
Black Joker
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: official comic book thread

Odds and Ends from WonderCon

Warren Ellis to Write Secret Avengers
Quote:
Even though Nick Spencer's run hasn't even begun, Marvel has announced the next writer to take a stab at Steve Rogers' secret ops team, the Secret Avengers. Warren Ellis, acclaimed writer of books like Planetary, Fell, Transmetropolitan, and Thunderbolts will begin a stint on Secret Avengers starting with issue #16.

Secret Avengers #16 will be out in August, which kicks off Ellis' series of single-issue adventures for the team as they travel to all corners of the Marvel Universe carrying out high-octane covert missions. Jamie McKelvie will be handling art duties on issue #16, but Marvel hasn't released any names beyond that.

Hulk vs. Dracula
Quote:
At WonderCon's Cup O' Joe panel, Marvel revealed that the Hulk would be joining the villainous "Worthy" in the midst of Fear Itself, leading to a confrontation of epic proportions.

Fear Itself: Hulk vs. Dracula is the latest of Marvel's three issue tie-in minis, starring the Green Goliath as he smashes his way through the vampire race in a battle with Dracula. This is where the vampire plot of X-Men, Death of Dracula, and the coming Tomb of Dracula Presents: Throne of Blood all culminate, so fans that have enjoyed the vampiric Marvel Universe best check this series out.

The Birth of the Red Skull: The classic Captain America villain gets a definitive origin.

Quote:
A few years back, writer Greg Pak delivered X-Men: Magneto - Testament, a stunning account of the classic villain's experience of living through the Holocaust. Pak gave us a sympathetic portrayal of Magneto's early years set against the backdrop of one of the most haunting times in history. And he did it all without sacrificing historical accuracy or integrity.

It seems Pak is out to do it again, this time tackling the origin tale of Nazi, fascist, and Captain America arch-nemesis Johann Schmidt, the Red Skull. Red Skull: Incarnate will debut in July as a five issue mini-series that shows how a young street urchin becomes one of the most vile beings to ever roam the Marvel Universe. Joining Pak in this endeavor will be Secret Warriors artist Mirko Colak. The series is set against the backdrop of Berlin in the earliest days of the Nazi party.

David Aja is doing covers for the series in the style of WWII German propaganda posters, complete with tattered pages and creases.

Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:59 AM   #1007
Black Joker
NBA lottery pick

X-Men Event Revealed: Marvel dishes on X-Men: Schism.

Quote:
It seems that the rift between Wolverine and Cyclops is going to grow even bigger come July 2011, but this time Marvel is making sure it splits the X-Men apart. Announced at WonderCon, X-Men: Schism will be a five issue mini-series written by Jason Aaron and drawn by five different superstar artists, each doing a different issue. Carlos Pacheco, Frank Cho, Daniel Acua, Alan Davis, and Adam Kubert are all on board to break mutantkind as we know
it.

With Cyclops wanting to separate mutants from society and Wolverine wanting to integrate them, lines will be drawn as the two X-Men figureheads create dissension in their ranks. Who will stand with who? Marvel has gone so far as to say, "the X-Men, as you know them, are over."

Old 04-03-2011, 12:07 PM   #1008
Black Joker
NBA lottery pick

a poster and a teaser

Old 04-03-2011, 04:53 PM   #1009
Black Joker
NBA lottery pick

Dempsey Wants Doctor Strange Role

Quote:
"I'd love to play Doctor Strange," actor Patrick Dempsey declared in an interview this week, confirming long-standing rumors that he's been campaigning for the role of Marvel's Sorcerer Supreme.

"I've been lobbying for that," the Grey's Anatomy actor told the Los Angeles Times. "There's a whole bunch of people [among the Grey's crew] who are into comics and Marvel, too, on the set and they're like, 'Doctor Strange, that's the one you should do.' It would be fantastic. It'd be a great TV show, especially for HBO or something like that. I don't know if I'd necessarily do another show, a drama, that's 24 episodes again. HBO you're at 13 and I think that's much better."

Thomas Dean Donnelly and Joshua Oppenheimer, the writing duo behind the new Conan the Barbarian movie, are scripting Doctor Strange, which may be the one of the first Marvel live-action feature films produced under the Disney banner.

Dempsey, 45, has a preexisting relationship with the Disney family, as the star of the Disney-owned TV series Grey's Anatomy and having appeared in the studio's Enchanted. Dempsey plays a supporting role in Transformers 3

Old 04-03-2011, 05:55 PM   #1010
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
a poster and a teaser

Whats this?
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:56 PM   #1011
Black Joker
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
Whats this?
no clue, that's all we were given. no explanation or anything
Old 04-04-2011, 09:28 AM   #1012
Black Joker
NBA lottery pick

Steve Rodgers Returns as Captain America in July

Quote:
Marvel Entertainment is proud to announce Captain America #1, the first issue of an all new ongoing series premiering in July from two of the comic industry’s most acclaimed creators—writer Ed Brubaker (Death of Captain America) and artist Steve McNiven (Civil War)!

Steve Rogers is back as Captain America but when a mysterious figure from his past returns with the Sentinel of Liberty in his crosshairs, deadly secrets will surface—and send shockwaves through the lives of everyone Steve holds dear. An all-new, high octane Captain America series begins here, just in time for the First Avenger’s highly anticipated feature film from Marvel Studios.

“I gave myself a few challenges for this new #1 - I wanted to do the perfect Cap comic for anyone who walks out of the Cap movie and wants to know what's next, but it also had to build on everything I've done on the book beforehand, too, and feel like the natural next step,” explained Brubaker. “Thank God Brevoort wrangled me Steve McNiven to pull all this off. Steve is at the top of his game, and no one draws action like him. I can't wait for these issues to start coming out.”

McNiven revealed, “Captain America has been a character I've wanted to work on in more depth since Civil War, a real icon of the Marvel Universe. Not only do I get to run with Cap, but Ed Brubaker, a guy who has redefined the character at Marvel, is writing the books and he's come up with an absolutely brilliant storyline that I can't wait for folks to read.”

Perfect for readers new and old alike, the extra-sized Captain America #1 kicks off the next big chapter in the life of Steve Rogers, courtesy of superstars Ed Brubaker and Steve McNiven!

Old 04-04-2011, 09:37 AM   #1013
ZeN
Stormblessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
Whats this?
new character for the Invincible series..???..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:54 AM   #1014
ZeN
Stormblessed

Watch the Green Lantern footage that tore the roof off Wondercon!

http://io9.com/#!5788299/watch-the-g...-off-wondercon

Quote:
Green Lantern won over a skeptical crowd with hot new footage of superhero space opera action last night. And now you can see for yourself!

Warner Bros. uploaded four minutes of new scenes, a condensed and edited version of what we saw yesterday. Does it wow you as much as it did the crowds at the Moscone Center? Also, we've got some screencaps below.

ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:37 AM   #1015
Black Joker
NBA lottery pick

haven't watched new footage yet, but i would like to say i have consistently been behind the GL movie when others thought it would be lame
Old 04-04-2011, 11:46 AM   #1016
Black Joker
NBA lottery pick

New plot details for Superman?
Quote:
Meanwhile, Movienewz (via Comic Book Movie) claims to have details of the film's plot. According to their source, "General Sam Lane, the father of Lois Lane, is a central figure in director Zack Snyder's 'Superman' reboot. This really is as Zack described in several interviews about the film, a 'real world' Superman. I'm told that when Superman arrives on the scene; people don't know what to think. He's an alien from another planet. What are his real intentions? He's not human and that scares a lot of people." That's a fairly good "Year One" style story prompt. The source goes on to say that General Lane supervises the construction of Metallo, the Kryptonite-powered cyborg. Should this prove to be true, Superman will finally have an opponent he can hit. With his fists.

Old 04-04-2011, 03:19 PM   #1017
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
New plot details for Superman?
Sounds like a Hulk movie to me.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:53 PM   #1018
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

That trailer has me intrigued again.

I just might go see this one when it opens.

So I know Imma see Thor, and now Green Lantern, and maybe Captain America.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:27 AM   #1019
Black Joker
NBA lottery pick

Old 04-06-2011, 11:30 AM   #1020
Black Joker
NBA lottery pick

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: