Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-20-2011, 11:39 AM   #1156
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: official comic book thread

nice..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 07:00 PM   #1157
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

the Map of Flashpoint

click for a bigger version.

Nazi Brazil? Undead Alaska? Nothing happening in Canada or Australia (so nothing really changed from real life)?
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:59 AM   #1158
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What's a good issue to pick up on Spider-Man if you don't want to start from the beginning. I wanted to start wherever the animated series ended (Fox) but I don't know how closely that followed the comic. Thanks.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 01:14 AM   #1159
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
What's a good issue to pick up on Spider-Man if you don't want to start from the beginning. I wanted to start wherever the animated series ended (Fox) but I don't know how closely that followed the comic. Thanks.
let me brew on that for a bit, and i'll give you an answer later.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:21 AM   #1160
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
let me brew on that for a bit, and i'll give you an answer later.

Groovy, no rush. Thanks
Old 05-22-2011, 01:33 AM   #1161
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Groovy, no rush. Thanks
no prob, it's just as most comic people know around here, Spidey is probably my favorite character, so i might know the most about him. and finding a jumping on point is kinda hard to pin down, although i would recommend avoiding the "one more day" arc, which was just godawful.

were you the one was trying to read the Civil War?
Old 05-22-2011, 01:46 AM   #1162
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
no prob, it's just as most comic people know around here, Spidey is probably my favorite character, so i might know the most about him. and finding a jumping on point is kinda hard to pin down, although i would recommend avoiding the "one more day" arc, which was just godawful.

alright before i head to bed, i'll throw out what can be a good jump on point for spidey that doesn't go back too far, and for that i'd go with with

"Brand New Day" which if you want to or not, you can read OMD beforehand because it sort explains the "new" direction that spidey is going in. OMD starts at 544 and BND starts at 546, from there just read to the current issue. there are some great arcs through these issues and some average ones, but other than OMD and OMIT (one moment in time) they all are at least decent

i'm going to read through some back issues tomorrow to form a better opinion
Old 05-22-2011, 02:55 AM   #1163
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Quote:

Yes, i still haven't started it yet.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:57 AM   #1164
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Quote:
alright before i head to bed, i'll throw out what can be a good jump on point for spidey that doesn't go back too far, and for that i'd go with with

"Brand New Day" which if you want to or not, you can read OMD beforehand because it sort explains the "new" direction that spidey is going in. OMD starts at 544 and BND starts at 546, from there just read to the current issue. there are some great arcs through these issues and some average ones, but other than OMD and OMIT (one moment in time) they all are at least decent

i'm going to read through some back issues tomorrow to form a better opinion

Thank a lot. Should I read Civil war and then continue with Spider-Man from there (which is just before 544 i believe)?

Last edited by Loneshot : 05-22-2011 at 04:12 AM.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:54 AM   #1165
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Thank a lot. Should I read Civil war and then continue with Spider-Man from there (which is just before 544 i believe)?
not a bad jumping on point imo
Old 05-22-2011, 09:59 AM   #1166
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Civil War was an awesome event.. and the one to get me into reading comics..

But that event was freakin' huge. Its over 100 books..
Old 05-22-2011, 10:03 AM   #1167
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Civil War was an awesome event.. and the one to get me into reading comics..

But that event was freakin' huge. Its over 100 books..
true, he can pick and chose what companion books to go with it though, after of course the prologue and the actually Civil war books, he can go with some books that include characters he's interested in, like Spider-Man or the Runaways/Young Avengers
Old 05-23-2011, 10:53 PM   #1168
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Old 05-23-2011, 11:00 PM   #1169
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

that is awesome Black Joker.. I have enjoyed the first two issues of pre-shism. I hope it turns up to be a good event.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:04 PM   #1170
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

DC COMICS
Action Comics #901
American Vampire #15

DC Comics Presents Green Lantern Willworld #1
Detective Comics #877
Gotham City Sirens #23
Green Arrow #12
Green Lantern #66
Green Lantern Corps #60
Green Lantern Emerald Warriors #10

inFamous #6 (Of 6)
Justice Society Of America #51
Strange Adventures #1 (One Shot)
Xombi #3

Marvel Comics
Amazing Spider-Man #662,
Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine #6 (Of 6)
Captain America #618

Daken Dark Wolverine #9.1
Deadpool #37
FF #4
Incredible Hulks #629
Iron Man 2.0 #5
Mighty Thor #2
Namor The First Mutant #10
Onslaught Unleashed #4 (Of 4)
Orson Scott Card's Speaker For The Dead #5 (Of 5)
Power Man And Iron Fist #5 (Of 5)
Ruse #3 (Of 4)
Secret Avengers #13
Secret Warriors #27

Spider-Girl #7
Uncanny X-Men #537
Venom #3

Wolverine #9
X-Men Earth's Mutant Heroes #1
X-Men Legacy #249

BOOM! STUDIOS
Ducktales #1