Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-01-2011, 12:02 AM   #1201
Black Joker
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
Apparently I can read New X Men and go into Astonishing. I just need to figure out where House of M comes around as well as other crossovers. While Astonishing may ignore them (maybe a future new writer won't) i still want to try to make the crossovers fit in some how.
Astonishing is a solid X-Man book, although it does have the double-edged sword of not dealing with crossovers.

i'll try to figure out how to make the crossover fits for ya, but no promises
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:15 AM   #1202
Black Joker
NBA lottery pick

more details about the DC rebook forthcoming

Quote:
After speaking with multiple sources throughout the industry on the condition of anonymity, CBR News has learned some of the salient details of DC's September roster, starting with the perhaps telling news that the publisher plans to launch a full 52 monthly titles with #1 issues across the month with 13 new titles shipping each week. The number holds some significance for longtime DC readers as 52 is the number of parallel earths making up DC's multiverse, and CBR has confirmed that the #1 launches will be accompanied by a major reboot of continuity with many pieces of DC's current status quo being rewritten and undone including character relationships and even the existence of some cast members.

Included in the 52 series will be:

A new title starring Superman written by Grant Morrison.
Birds of Prey #1 - This new ongoing series will not feature the work of longtime "BoP" writer Gail Simone. In fact, many tried and true approaches to books will be getting a second look at DC in September.

Teen Titans #1 - The new start for the teen team will be written by "Red Robin" scribe Fabian Nicieza.

Justice Society of America #1 - Only one of a number of current titles that will welcome a creative team shift, the future of the original superhero team will apparently not involve current writer Marc Guggenheim.

Wonder Woman #1 - Don't expect the recent changes from writer J. Michael Straczynski to stick when the Amazing Amazon sees another new #1 hit.

Green Lantern #1 - Even with a new #1, Green Lantern remains in Johns' hands, and readers can expect the effects of major crossovers like "Blackest Night" to stay in place moving forward.

Hawkman #1 - While fans have known a "Hawkman" series by James Robinson has been in the works since the writer mentioned it on a panel at New York Comic Con, Bleeding Cool's Rich Johnston has been reporting the rumor that the book will be drawn by "Batman & Robin" and "Outsiders" artist Philip Tan.

Aquaman #1 - No surprises here. The already announced series featuring the sea king by Johns and Ivan Reis will be part of the relaunch wave.

JUSTICE LEAGUE #1 - which pairs Geoff Johns and Jim Lee together for the first time

The other seismic shakeup that remains unconfirmed is whether long-standing titles "Action Comics" and "Detective Comics" would also renumber with brand new first issues. However, at this time, CBR has found no confirmation one way or the other on the fate of those titles. DC Comics offered no comment on the above information.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:43 AM   #1203
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Quote:
...accompanied by a major reboot of continuity with many pieces of DC's current status quo being rewritten and undone including character relationships and even the existence of some cast members.

Wow i'm not sure how to feel about this...a little nervous actually. I wonder what this could mean for new series like Batman Beyond.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:56 AM   #1204
Black Joker
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
Wow i'm not sure how to feel about this...a little nervous actually. I wonder what this could mean for new series like Batman Beyond.

this it is a little worrisome about the smaller titles like Batman Beyond and Secret Six or T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents.

but even more worrisome is the uncertainty about which parts of continuity are actually changing... like will Dick Grayson still be batman, will he go back to being Robin, will Barbara Gordon still be paralyzed, who will be the flash? what about longstanding relationships, if they are reverting things back to a younger Universe will Supes still be married and etc etc
Old 06-01-2011, 12:59 AM   #1205
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

So I've been reading about Supes walking across America for no reason what so ever? **** you Michael Straczynski.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:00 AM   #1206
ZeN
Stormblessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
So I've been reading about Supes walking across America for no reason what so ever? **** you Michael Straczynski.
roll:
ZeN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:01 AM   #1207
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
this it is a little worrisome about the smaller titles like Batman Beyond and Secret Six or T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents.

but even more worrisome is the uncertainty about which parts of continuity are actually changing... like will Dick Grayson still be batman, will he go back to being Robin, will Barbara Gordon still be paralyzed, who will be the flash? what about longstanding relationships, if they are reverting things back to a younger Universe will Supes still be married and etc etc

i liked this idea better when it was called the Marvel Ultimate Universe
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:05 AM   #1208
Black Joker
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7

wait i've been doing the same thing with WW
Old 06-01-2011, 01:19 AM   #1209
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

I heard Wally is supposed to go back to being Kid Flash. What's the point of doing this?
Old 06-01-2011, 04:13 AM   #1210
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

No info on the new Justice League International series?
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:25 AM   #1211
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Manga Khan
Old 06-01-2011, 04:31 AM   #1212
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Old 06-01-2011, 04:31 AM   #1213
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Old 06-01-2011, 04:34 AM   #1214
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Old 06-01-2011, 04:48 AM   #1215
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

So apparently in X Men First Class, Havok is Cyclop's father

Quote:
Alex Summers aka Havok has challenges controlling his plasma energy powers. Unlike the comics where he is the brother of Cyclops, Havok may be playing his father since the film is based in the ’60s. Fans will also note the change in color of his energy blasts to red, more in line with Cyclops’ optic blasts from the previous X-Men movies.

http://screenrant.com/x-men-first-cl...rs-rob-113943/
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: