Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-08-2011, 09:38 AM   #1306
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
**** DC I'm not reading anything but Flashpoint stuff. Hopefully Superman gets the sand out of his v@agina after the reboot.
that's my feeling right now. and how pissed would you be if you were legit buying a lot of DC comics right now.
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:40 AM   #1307
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Old 06-08-2011, 09:49 AM   #1308
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
Considering how many homers Whedon's got, It's no surprise that run's doing well on internet rankings.
That said, there's LOTS of better x-men arcs.
On top of my head and not ranked:
  • Days of Future Past
  • Fall of the Mutants
  • Inferno
  • Asgardian Wars
  • Age of Apocalypse
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:52 AM   #1309
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
Considering how many homers Whedon's got, It's no surprise that run's doing well on internet rankings.
That said, there's LOTS of better x-men arcs.
On top of my head and not ranked:
  • Days of Future Past
  • Fall of the Mutants
  • Inferno
  • Asgardian Wars
  • Age of Apocalypse
i wouldn't really know, just recently got back into X-Men around the Second Coming Arc. i'll probably eventually get into some of the older stuff just so i have a better background in it
Old 06-08-2011, 12:15 PM   #1310
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Next Generation of Justice

Tim Drake is forced to step out from behind his keyboard when an international organization seeks to capture or kill super-powered teenagers. As Red Robin, he must team up with the mysterious and belligerent powerhouse thief known as Wonder Girl and a hyperactive speedster calling himself Kid Flash in TEEN TITANS #1, by Scott Lobdell and artists Brett Booth and Norm Rapmund.

A Legion Divided

Following the announcements of new first issues starring many DC's legendary characters, we are releasing news of first issues for several of DC's teenage heroes and young superteams.

Seven heroes from the 31st century have traveled back to the present day. Their mission: Save their future from total annihilation. When the future tech they brought with them fails, they find themselves trapped in a nightmarish world and an ultimate struggle to survive. LEGION LOST #1 will be written by Fabian Nicieza and illustrated by Pete Woods, fresh off an acclaimed run of Action Comics.

Full size
In the 31st century, the Legion of Superheroes is reeling from the loss of seven of their finest — and trying desperately to keep their youngest recruits alive against a series of terrible new threats. LEGION OF SUPERHEROES #1 will be written by fan-favorite Legion writer Paul Levitz and illustrated by Francis Portela.

Virgil Hawkins has been gifted with incredible electrical powers. Adopting the persona of Static, he faces super-powered street gangs, raging hormones, homework, and girls in STATIC SHOCK #1, co-written by John Rozum and Scott McDaniel, with McDaniel also illustrating.

It's up to the living avatars of war and peace to root out the hidden forces who look to plunge the country into a deadly civil war in HAWK AND DOVE #1. The exciting new series will be written by Sterling Gates and illustrated by legendary superstar comics artist Rob Liefeld.

who the fukk keeps giving Liefeld work?
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:21 PM   #1311
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

i guess someone out there has to like Liefeld's work, but i haven't met them yet. he's just awful. and if i was DC, i wouldn't want him anywhere near a full scale reboot after his disastrous Heroes Reborn arc for Marvel
Old 06-08-2011, 12:30 PM   #1312
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

and for Zen, i come bearing gifts

Old 06-08-2011, 12:32 PM   #1313
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Old 06-08-2011, 12:56 PM   #1314
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor

The Next Generation of Justice

Tim Drake is forced to step out from behind his keyboard when an international organization seeks to capture or kill super-powered teenagers. As Red Robin, he must team up with the mysterious and belligerent powerhouse thief known as Wonder Girl and a hyperactive speedster calling himself Kid Flash in TEEN TITANS #1, by Scott Lobdell and artists Brett Booth and Norm Rapmund

Damn those new costumes are dope. I was never a fan of the Titans before but I think i'll give it a shot this time, particularly for Kid Flash, though I wonder if that's Wally since Barry is Flash.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:02 PM   #1315
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
Damn those new costumes are dope. I was never a fan of the Titans before but I think i'll give it a shot this time, particularly for Kid Flash, though I wonder if that's Wally since Barry is Flash.
i agree. i have always been a fan of brett booth. i really like the new red robin costume. reminds me of gatchaman.

the superman tat is stupid though.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:06 PM   #1316
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
i agree. i have always been a fan of brett booth. i really like the new red robin costume. reminds me of gatchaman.

the superman tat is stupid though.

Yeah the tat is a bit odd, maybe they'll pretend it was a misprint when it's finally released.

On a related note, I see many people going crazy over the Teen Titans costume, saying they look dumb and its jocking marvel in the 90s. That may be, but I can't see how someone wouldn't dig the new costumes.

Last edited by Loneshot : 06-08-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:30 PM   #1317
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dcnu...ms-110608.html
Quote:
UPDATE: Newsarama understands the Kid Flash in the Teen Titans promo image is in fact Bart Allen, and not Wally West as some fans are immediately speculating.

That's awesome for me.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:36 PM   #1318
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

thanks for em' all BJ..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:47 PM   #1319
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
that's pretty cool, but where is Wally then?
Old 06-08-2011, 01:55 PM   #1320
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
that's pretty cool, but where is Wally then?
Good question. They say there are still 13 more titles left to be revealed. We know one will be Superman and a possibly another Batman?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: