Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-09-2011, 03:39 AM   #1306
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
i guess someone out there has to like Liefeld's work, but i haven't met them yet. he's just awful. and if i was DC, i wouldn't want him anywhere near a full scale reboot after his disastrous Heroes Reborn arc for Marvel
+100
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:53 AM   #1307
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

"Uncanny X-Men" Ends In October
Quote:

"All things must come an end…even for the X-Men, and this October fans will bear witness the end of an era as Uncanny X-Men #544 concludes the long running series. It’s all come to this! Years in the making, the seeds of dissent finally bear fruit as the events of X-Men Schism tear the X-Men and the Marvel Universe apart! When the dust settles, the state of mutantkind will irreparably be changed forever. Don’t miss the historic final issue of the longest running X-Men title this October, in Uncanny X-Men #544!

UNCANNY X-MEN #544

Written by KIERON GILLEN

Pencils and Cover by GREG LAND

Rated T+…$3.99

ON SALE THIS OCTOBER!

X-MEN: SCHISM #1

ON SALE – 7/13/11"

For more on this story, check out the Associated Press, and stay tuned to CBR for more news as it develops.

I was planning to jump into this at #394. Apparently Schism it's conclusion (sorta). I'll still read it and as i'm sure another series will continue where this leaves off.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:33 PM   #1308
Disaprine
College star

any one reading reign of doomsday? pretty interesting stuff.

Disaprine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:47 PM   #1309
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Leak of what is to be announced tomorrow?

Old 06-09-2011, 02:18 PM   #1310
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Quote:
Scott Snyder is relaunching Batman in September with a new #1, but he wants to make sure readers know he's not relaunching the character.

The writer, who's currently finishing up a critically acclaimed run on Detective Comics with Dick Grayson in the starring role, will write Batman with Greg Capullo on art. And he's adamant about letting readers know: All changes — Barbara's change to Batgirl, Dick Grayson's new job as Nightwing, Bruce Wayne's solo turn as Batman — will be explained in story
For the full interview - http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dcnu...ch-110609.html
Old 06-09-2011, 04:56 PM   #1311
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Suicide Squad (Harley Quinn, King Shark, Deadshot)

I think i'd give this a shot
Old 06-09-2011, 08:08 PM   #1312
Black Joker
NBA lottery pick

why dc why?

Quote:
As we discussed in the new IGN Comics podcast last week, Gail Simone's latest issue of Secret Six reeked of closure. It was glorious and sad all at once, and now Simone has confirmed via a message board post that the series is indeed coming to an end. However, unlike many books that are being wiped out as a result of the September relaunch, Secret Six will have a definitive conclusion.

"On behalf of everyone who worked on this book, I want to thank those readers. In this market, there is no way that a book starring CATMAN, of all people, should even exist, let alone be the favorite read of so many pros, readers, and critics. More comics pros and staffers from all companies told me it was their favorite DC book than anything else I have ever worked on. I think the message was that there was room for outsider comics even during a time when the focus is so intent on the icon characters.

Thank you.

I am not mad at DC in any way. They not only took a chance on a book and character set that sounded absolutely ridiculous in the outline form, but they stood by with very little interference even when it was most clear that we weren't going to be doing many of the things that would have followed the usual superteam recipe.

DC has been lovely all the way with this book. They allowed content that frankly surprised me again and again and offered little but encouragement and support the entire time. Believe me, when you go up to a major publisher and say you want your team book to be headed up by Catman, it takes a leap of faith to say, 'Okay, run with it.' But they did.

They never blinked at the lgbtq content. They never asked us to tone anything down. For a book that had lots of filth, sex, violence, perversion, and talking sharks, they never asked us to pull it back a little. The let us push the envelope, right off the cliff and down into the ravine. And mostly, they let an oddly personal book out onto the unsuspecting public.

And that is one of the big reasons DC has my loyalty."

Simone began her tinkering with the Secret Six characters way back during the Villains United mini-series that tied into Infinite Crisis, and has been running wild with them ever since.

I can honestly say that this book was one of our favorites here at IGN, and would like to offer a huge thanks to Gail Simone, Nicola Scott, J. Calafiore and every other talent involved with this series. Truly, it's near and dear to our hearts.

damn you dc reboot!
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:16 PM   #1313
Black Joker
NBA lottery pick

more DC reboot info

Quote:
Time for a daily dose of new DC Comics revamp #1s via DC's The Source. These comics will have a harder edge, meaning, these characters are not your typical heroes.

Deathstroke #1 is one I am excited for (and so I'm choosing to mention it first). Deathstroke will reclaim his fearsome legacy by any means necessary. Written by rising star Kyle Higgins (heck yeah!) and artists Joe Bennett and Art Thibert.

Stormwatch #1 will have a dangerous super human strike force whose existence is kept secret from the world. Who is on this team? The cover is below but the team will be lead by Jack Hawksmoor and he wants to recruit two of the deadliest super humans on the planet: Midnighter and Apollo. If they say no, perhaps Martian Manhunter can help to change their minds. Stormwatch will be written by Paul Cornell with art by Miguel Sepulveda.

Blackhawks #1 will feature an elite group of mercenaries made up of brave men from around the world equipped with the latest in cutting-edge hardware and vehicles. Their mission is a simple one: kill the bad guys before they kill us. It will be written by Mike Costa with art by Ken Lashley.

Time to visit the past with an update of Sgt. Rock and the Men of War #1. The grandson of the original Sgt. Rock assumes command of Easy Company, a team of crack ex-miliatry men finance by a covert military contractor. They will brave the battle-scarred landscape carved by the DC Universe's super-villains. Sgt. Rock will be written by Ivan Brandon and illustrated by Tom Derenick.

What about Jonah Hex? There won't be a Jonah Hex comic anymore. What?!? That's right. Going back to Gotham City when it was just a one-horse town, crime is running wild as you would expect. Things don't get better when bounty Hunter Jonah Hex comes to town. Amadeus Arkham, a pioneer in criminal psychology, tries to enlist Hex to help the Gotham City Police Department track down a serial killer. Back up stories will star DC's other western heroes. All-Star Western #1 will be written by the fan-favorite Jonah Hex team of Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray. Art will be by Moritat.

Grifter #1 will feature ex-black ops agent Cole Cash who is about to be branded as a serial killer when he begins hunting and exterminating inhuman creatures hidden in human form. These are creatures that only he can see. We'll have to see if he can sweet talk his way out of this mess. Written by Nathan Edmondson with art by CAFU and BIT.

Finally in OMAC #1, a man loses control of his life as the omnipresent Brother Eye transforms him against his will into a powerful killing machine. Written by DC Comics Co-Publisher Dan DiDio and co-written and illustrated by Keith Giffen and Scott Koblish.

Here's the rest of the artwork.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:49 PM   #1314
rezznor
Nosetradamus

so Wildstorm is going to be folded into DC universe proper?
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:09 PM   #1315
Black Joker
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
i guess?

not because of this inclusion of wildstorm, but i'm becoming less and less a fan of this reboot as more info comes out, these new comics better be worth it
Old 06-11-2011, 12:36 AM   #1316
Theoo
maimi heat fan sinc'89

what you guys think of my comic ???? http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=222727
Theoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:35 AM   #1317
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
My thoughts exactly and quite frankly im not happy about it. I love the wildstorm books but I dont see how the superman analogues(majestic/apollo) from that universe get the full respect they deserve in a universe with the actual superman.

If they have an apollo/midnighter vs Supes/bats duel of some kind based on differing methods or something of that nature I will be totally ok with this though.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:43 AM   #1318
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Just finished Civil War, gonna start Spider-Man (back in black) and Uncanny X-Men.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:02 AM   #1319
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
Just finished Civil War, gonna start Spider-Man (back in black) and Uncanny X-Men.
I was just re-reading Thunderbolts from around that time. Fabian Nicieza had both a kickass Thunderbolts and Cable & Deadpool going at the same time during that Civil War period.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:22 AM   #1320
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
I was just re-reading Thunderbolts from around that time. Fabian Nicieza had both a kickass Thunderbolts and Cable & Deadpool going at the same time during that Civil War period.

Yeah it was a pretty fun read and it made me a fan of Captain America (the character). Though the outcome of the war surprised me.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: