Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-03-2009, 03:27 PM   #16
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Reggie Miller predicts the Lakers will Challenge 96 Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
Faaaar better? Its really about equal. Ranking the top 10 between both team it would probably look something like this:

1. Jordan
2. Kobe
3. Pippen
4. Gasol
5. Rodman
6. Artest
7. Odom
8. Bynum
9. Kukoc
10. Fisher

4 Bulls and 6 Lakers. And if Bynum reaches his potential, he would at least be #5.

I'd take Rodman over Gasol anyday of the week. A hardnosed rebounder/defender/goes after every loose ball/antagonist >>> Gasol. Especially when Jordan and Pippen handle the scoring.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 03:39 PM   #17
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter

Indian guy has decent reputation

Hardly a bold thing to say. LA has all the pieces to challenge Bulls' record - great talent, chemistry, coaching staff, uber-competitive superstar(Kobe) that can bail the team out on those dog days of the regular season, and the confidence that can only come from winning a championship. I don't think they will win 70, but they'll come VERY close.

btw, BallersTalk, LA did not have one of the most talented teams of ALL TIME last season. Not even close, in fact. They were just your average championship team, that's all. 2 stars in Kobe and Gasol, teasers in Odom and Bynum, and a bunch of role players. Nothing historic about them. Just a team good enough to win it all ala the '03 Spurs or the '04 Pistons. This year's LAKER team on the other hand with Artest's acquisition and a fully healthy Bynum for an ENTIRE season(hopefully) does have a claim to being one of the most talented teams of the decade.

Last edited by Indian guy : 10-03-2009 at 03:46 PM.
Indian guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 03:42 PM   #18
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter

Indian guy has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
I'd take Rodman over Gasol anyday of the week.

Indian guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 03:49 PM   #19
mamba24
read this you homer

mamba24 has decent reputationmamba24 has decent reputation

I dont thin 70 will happen...i can see it happening on paper...but with the competition out there...i will give them 60-62 with the best record in the league...im cool with that.

Just so you know...When Phil Jacksons Teams win 60+ games a season they have always won the nba title...6-0...

also when his teams have won game 1 of a series. We get to 60 wins we got the stats and the zen for another title
mamba24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 03:51 PM   #20
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

yeah i watched that a while ago. i was surprised to hear him say how good he'll think the Lakers will do then all of a sudden, he says the Celtics will still win anyway. then i remembered when they were riding his nuts to get him to sign on to Boston a few seasons ago. go figure.

reggie, the player >>>>>> reggie, the commentator
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 04:34 PM   #21
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Are we going to have this talk every single year before the season starts with LA?

They'll stay in the 60s range, and thats pretty much it.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 07:03 PM   #22
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

lilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
Are we going to have this talk every single year before the season starts with LA?

They'll stay in the 60s range, and thats pretty much it.
They might win 65 again, hard to maintain such disgusting records.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 07:27 PM   #23
Raider007
EvilDooinz

Raider007 has decent reputation

Quote:
I'd take Rodman over Gasol anyday of the week. A hardnosed rebounder/defender/goes after every loose ball/antagonist >>> Gasol. Especially when Jordan and Pippen handle the scoring.

You make idiots look smart.
Raider007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:49 PM   #24
Glide2keva
NBA sixth man of the year

Glide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation here

What I don't understand is why lakers fans continue to overrate Bynum?

Dude is ok, but he is not the be all to end all factor for the Lakers.

Just remember to resurrect this thread after the 12th loss of the season, ok?

Last edited by Glide2keva : 10-03-2009 at 08:52 PM.
Glide2keva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:59 PM   #25
Exodus
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Exodus has an OK reputation so far

National media was getting ready to call Shelden Williams the next James Worthy when he...uh, went to Lakers training camp over the summer.

Exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:33 PM   #26
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider007
You make idiots look smart.

Hey, how about you go f*ck yourself? It's my opinion.

I'd rather have Rodman arguable the best rebounder ever, instead of Gasol who does things well but isn't the greatest conversation for anything. There is nothing wrong with preferring great defense over a guy slightly better than average.

Especially if MJ and Pippen were on the team. What's the point of having Gasol with MJ/Pip?
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:16 AM   #27
RedZiggyZag
1 week avy bet.....

RedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Hey, how about you go f*ck yourself? It's my opinion.

I'd rather have Rodman arguable the best rebounder ever, instead of Gasol who does things well but isn't the greatest conversation for anything. There is nothing wrong with preferring great defense over a guy slightly better than average.

Especially if MJ and Pippen were on the team. What's the point of having Gasol with MJ/Pip?
Pretty much, I agree with you actually. Prefering a player over another player doesn't necessarily always mean you think that player is better. It most of the time means you prefer Player A over Player B in their system and to add their cohesiveness. Rodman would do better with Pippen and Jordan than Gasol would, but if Gasol was playing with Jordan and Pippen, they would be a beast scoring team though. Keep in mind Gasol can run like a deer too, so you could see a 4 man fast break.
RedZiggyZag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:13 AM   #28
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)

O.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryO.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

laughable they have the Celtics, Orlando, Nuggets, Spurs, Grizzlies theyt aint doing sh!t this year

Miller is just trying to be an attention whore, just like Marc jackson was saying Kobe> Jordan in the celtics vs lakers finals of 2 years ago, we all saws what happened there.
O.J A 6'4Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:31 AM   #29
che guevara
National High School Star

che guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this board

No way will they break the record - the Lakers got a little better, but so did most teams in the League. I see them having a similar record to last year, probably 64-67 wins.
che guevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:34 AM   #30
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is a pretty well-respected posterimdaman99 is a pretty well-respected posterimdaman99 is a pretty well-respected posterimdaman99 is a pretty well-respected poster

how do they win 70 and than not win the title?

it would be better if they win 65 again and sh*t on the cavs or celts in the finals.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: