Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-04-2009, 02:37 AM   #31
FinalCountdown

Default Re: Reggie Miller predicts the Lakers will Challenge 96 Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
how do they win 70 and than not win the title?

it would be better if they win 65 again and sh*t on the cavs or celts in the finals.
He feels Celtics is there kryptonite.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:38 AM   #32
Day La Ghetto
Decent college freshman

Day La Ghetto has an OK reputation so far

63-64 wins? learn to round, who uses odd numbers as a bar?
Day La Ghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:38 AM   #33
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is a pretty well-respected posterimdaman99 is a pretty well-respected posterimdaman99 is a pretty well-respected posterimdaman99 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalCountdown
He feels Celtics is there kryptonite.
they are. but the celts dont have james posey anymore. james posey used and abused them in the finals.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:40 AM   #34
FinalCountdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
they are. but the celts dont have james posey anymore. james posey used and abused them in the finals.
Actually that was Paul Pierce and Ray Allen.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:43 AM   #35
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

I'm predicting 2 of the Laker's stars get hurt this season. Odom, Gasol, Bynum, Artest, Kobe. Bynum and Artest are the main guys, but I think Kobe will continue the 2k curse. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. I feel like it will happen. Kobe has been playing so long and it seems like I've never seen him face any serious injury with so many guys going after him. Plus, he has so much muscle around him as well.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:48 AM   #36
Lakeshow23
I hit open layups

Lakeshow23 has an OK reputation so far

Depends on a lot of factors. Do they stay healthy? Do they mesh well? is their schedule kind enough to them? Will Bynum finally emerge as an allstar caliber player and finish the season injury free?

I believe if these factors come to fruition the sky is the limit for this team, and they will be more than capable of obtaining that spectacular feat of 72 or 73 wins.
Lakeshow23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:11 AM   #37
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is a pretty well-respected posterimdaman99 is a pretty well-respected posterimdaman99 is a pretty well-respected posterimdaman99 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalCountdown
Actually that was Paul Pierce and Ray Allen.
are you discounting what james posey did for the celtics in the finals?
Old 10-04-2009, 03:22 AM   #38
dyna
National High School Star

dyna has an incredible reputation heredyna has an incredible reputation heredyna has an incredible reputation heredyna has an incredible reputation heredyna has an incredible reputation heredyna has an incredible reputation heredyna has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extempo
Its unfair to have such huge expectations from the Lakers. First of all that 96 Bulls team was loaded. They had a faaaar better supporting cast than the Lakers. And they played defense. Nobody on the Lakers except Kobe and Artest are willing to play defense. Can't win 72 games if you don't play defense.

Better chemistry sure,
But this year Lakers have better players cast.
dyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:23 AM   #39
checkman
Can barely lace up my sneakers

checkman has an OK reputation so far

69 wins i say
checkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:37 AM   #40
momo
Value Ape.

momo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think between KB being 70 and Fish being 75 P Jax will let them coast a bit and let the young guns get more run in the hope that it will make for fresher vets and more matured youngins come playoff time. That will result in less wins than the bulls squad and maybe even less than last years squad. Even if this years squad is better.

If the youngins can really come up and the vets are fantastic it might be a goal for the players to win lots and lots of games. But I can not see PJ making it a goal for the team. It is not his style.
momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:43 AM   #41
Exodus

Exodus has an OK reputation so far

Lakers challenging the Bulls because one overrated player is going to be healthy and because of ONE offseason acquisition?

Ariza was more important to the Lakers than anyone allows themselves to believe. He will be missed, and IMO, the Lakers will win FEWER games this season in part due to his absence. Sure, the Lakers will outmatch most teams with their starters...but how far will that really get you? It's not always going to be enough. So many other teams got better this offseason as well, so it is definitely not going to be a cake walk.
Exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:47 AM   #42
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

^^^ I dont discount what Ariza was. I even believe Ariza was a better fit for the Lakers than Artest will be. I think with Ariza it was better in the long run, but Artest could help make the team better for this year + next year, if his head is on straight.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:52 AM   #43
Exodus

Exodus has an OK reputation so far

...with SO much emphasis on the IF.

It's going to be a circus. Doug Collins and his endless Kobe lovefests are going to be even worse now. What cereal did Ron Ron have for breakfast? Did he share with Kobe? I MUST KNOW THIS.

The only thing that remotely interests me about this whole mess is how the fornt court rotation is going to play out...not just defining the depth chart, but the actual minutes per game, situationals, etc.
Exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:49 AM   #44
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I never like Miller's predictions. He always bases his predictions on what happened the previous season.

I thought I was the only one who thought he was an idiot when he said "the clippers are taking over LA" just because the clipps finished with only 2 wins better than the lakers the previous season.

This is a bad sign lol.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #45
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I never like Miller's predictions. He always bases his predictions on what happened the previous season.

I thought I was the only one who thought he was an idiot when he said "the clippers are taking over LA" just because the clipps finished with only 2 wins better than the lakers the previous season.

This is a bad sign lol.

LOL. I remember during a Bulls game Reggie said something like "There's no reason why Tyrus Thomas shouldn't average 7 BLOCKS per game." Mike Fratello was like WTF.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: