Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-04-2009, 10:43 AM   #46
KubiliusF
Banned

KubiliusF is considered somewhat coolKubiliusF is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Reggie Miller predicts the Lakers will Challenge 96 Bulls

strong mad for not winning championship is strong
KubiliusF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:43 AM   #47
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Hey, how about you go f*ck yourself? It's my opinion.

I'd rather have Rodman arguable the best rebounder ever, instead of Gasol who does things well but isn't the greatest conversation for anything. There is nothing wrong with preferring great defense over a guy slightly better than average.

Especially if MJ and Pippen were on the team. What's the point of having Gasol with MJ/Pip?

I probably would agree if I already have MJ/Pippen. But I didn't say that. If you had to start a team, and had to choose between the two, Gasol would be the right choice. If I already had Kobe or Jordan only, and I had to choose between the two, Gasol would easily be the right choice. Gasol is still better then Rodman, and would be ranked ahead.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:23 AM   #48
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallersTalk
The '96 Bulls didn't pass 70 cause of talent. They won that many games because they were disciplined. Talent can only take you so far. This year the Lakers have the talent to match the win total of the '96 Bulls, but they don't have the discipline or leadership.

Hello, the Zen Master? I think that team is disciplined.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:10 PM   #49
amfirst
Great college starter

amfirst has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallersTalk
The '96 Bulls didn't pass 70 cause of talent. They won that many games because they were disciplined. Talent can only take you so far. This year the Lakers have the talent to match the win total of the '96 Bulls, but they don't have the discipline or leadership.

No they won that because competition wasn't as great as today.
amfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:40 AM   #50
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

After reading this thread and who was responding in it all I have to say is save us Paul Pierce!
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:45 AM   #51
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If they Lakers stay relatively healthy they WILL break the Bulls' record and they WILL win back to back.
andgar923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:46 AM   #52
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114

Were talking about the best record ever in the history of the NBA.. I think it will take a bit more than myself to gain that great record.

All things need to arrive more than right, so that they can do better than a team that held MJ, Rodman, Pippen.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:46 AM   #53
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Great point, something few people take into account and something the Lakers have a problem with.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:48 AM   #54
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
If they Lakers stay relatively healthy they WILL break the Bulls' record and they WILL win back to back.

Im wondering, do you believe that they will get over the underchieving hump that they faced last season?

They lost to many mediocre teams last season, and would become very lackadaisical at many points... Im hoping that they have gotten over those issues, but it may not be as simple.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:50 AM   #55
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by amfirst
No they won that because competition wasn't as great as today.

No its not.

Even with the relatively new franchises, they didn't have as many teams filled with new players, new coaches, rebuilding organizations, young players, inexperienced coaches, etc.etc.

Today's NBA climate overall is very shaky, some of it due to the financial crisis and now we have replacement refs which adds another dynamic into the mix.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:56 AM   #56
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Im wondering, do you believe that they will get over the underchieving hump that they faced last season?

They lost to many mediocre teams last season, and would become very lackadaisical at many points... Im hoping that they have gotten over those issues, but it may not be as simple.

I think they learned from last season. And to be fair, they were also kinda banged up as well. I remember LO wasn't playing 100%, Bynum was obviously hurt, they had just made the trade with Charlotte etc.etc. I'm expecting them to be more consistent than ever, and Artest will bring in some toughness that they lacked.

But you're right (I agreed with your point in a post above yours) consistency and playing to their opponent's level has been a problem for a long time. Something that wasn't the case with the Bulls.

And people forget that the Bulls were playing hurt as well. I believe Pip and Rodman missed about a dozen games or so (don't know exactly; don't feel like looking it up).
Old 10-07-2009, 03:05 AM   #57
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

I forgot to add.....

The Lakers were KILLING teams like no other team has in a long time. Their bench alone was beating most team's starting lineups.

When they wanted too and were focused they played some of the most dominant team ball in years. I think now that LO has embraced his 6th man role, a healthy Artest, Bynum, Gasol will be almost unstoppable.

I also think the battle for the pg spot between Brown and Dumbo will really benefit them, and Fish will finally have a stable replacement (that is until the playoffs arrive).
Old 10-07-2009, 03:18 AM   #58
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Luigi has decent reputationLuigi has decent reputation

Quote:

The Zen Master himself recently said he didn't think it could be done in the Western conference because of travel problems.
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:24 AM   #59
nbastatus
Doodle

nbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If all healthy, Lakers have a chance without a doubt. Ron Artest is what the Lakers really need.
nbastatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:30 AM   #60
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbastatus
If all healthy, Lakers have a chance without a doubt. Ron Artest is what the Lakers really need.

How insightful, please tell us more...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: