Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-05-2009, 02:11 PM   #421
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: NFL Week 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisJoeness
Sigh. . .yea that was bad.

This team is gonna drive me to drink.
You're a Chiefs fan?
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:16 PM   #422
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
You're a Chiefs fan?

Yea.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:24 PM   #423
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Yea.
Do you know what the hell is running through Todd Haley's mind? Yesterday he lined up Larry Johnson in the wildcat and got 2 yards out of it. So what's he do? He comes back the very next play with Larry Johnson in the wildcat for 0 yards!
Old 10-05-2009, 02:42 PM   #424
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Do you know what the hell is running through Todd Haley's mind? Yesterday he lined up Larry Johnson in the wildcat and got 2 yards out of it. So what's he do? He comes back the very next play with Larry Johnson in the wildcat for 0 yards!

Honestly, I have no clue. The play calling has baffled me this season. He's almost been as bad as Jim Zorn.

It's frustrating though because I thought the offense would be decent enough to keep us competitive but we keep shooting ourselves in the foot with penalties, Cassel's erratic throws and odd play calls. The more I think about it the more I become dissastisfied with Cassel's play, he won't stand tall in the pocket and checks down way too much. I know I don't see what he sees but there's no reason to settle for three yards on 3rd and 7 everytime that situation arises.

Last edited by HisJoeness : 10-05-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:55 PM   #425
sergiorodriguez

Yeh whats the deal with Brady Quinn, I know in Notre Dame he had that really good TE/WR who was huge and wound up playing baseball, most of ND's offense seemed to be Brady Quinn short passing to that guy and that guy running through everyone because he was huge-so how come Brady Quinn was apparently the best NFL prospect QB? In NFL his arm seems to be as weak as Chad Pennington, I just have to ask what was the Cleveland front office hoping was the best case scenario with this guy? That massive WR/TE (im not sure what he played he looked like a TE) seemed to be the real star of the ND passing game.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:02 PM   #426
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Honestly, I have no clue. The play calling has baffled me this season. He's almost been as bad as Jim Zorn.

It's frustrating though because I thought the offense would be decent enough to keep us competitive but we keep shooting ourselves in the foot with penalties, Cassel's erratic throws and odd play calls. The more I think about it the more I become dissastisfied with Cassel's play, he won't stand tall in the pocket and checks down way too much. I know I don't see what he sees but there's no reason to settle for three yards on 3rd and 7 everytime that situation arises.
I laughed when it was 3rd and 20 and he didn't even wait for his guys to get deep, just through it to the guy who got open 7 yards from the line of scrimmage. It was almost as if he was shocked he didn't have a guy in his face so he wanted to get rid of it as soon as he saw a guy open, then realized he needed 20 yards after the fact. Everybody had that "huh?" look.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:13 PM   #427
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

Quote:
I laughed when it was 3rd and 20 and he didn't even wait for his guys to get deep, just through it to the guy who got open 7 yards from the line of scrimmage. It was almost as if he was shocked he didn't have a guy in his face so he wanted to get rid of it as soon as he saw a guy open, then realized he needed 20 yards after the fact. Everybody had that "huh?" look.

Yea, that stuff drives me crazy. I can't stand offenses that aren't aggressive. I'm not saying throw the ball 50 times a game but when you throw make it count. I used to love watching old NFL Films stuff about the 80's Redskins because their passing offense was so aggressive, even though the hogs and the ground game go all the attention.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:39 PM   #428
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
Hold up, werent you the one who said that we should start Quinn at the beginning of the season? I told you that DA was the truth. He proved today that he can still make this offense productive.
I've never been a Quinn fan. I didn't like him at ND... I didn't like that we drafted him... I was pulling for Anderson in training camp.

I did say that Mangini would have a longer leash with Quinn because Cleveland fans love him due to the fact that he is from Dublin, OH among other things. But, I've never been a fan.

For the record, I don't think Anderson is the long-term answer, either. He is certainly superior to Quinn, but he still has significant flaws. He has no touch on passes inside of 10 yards and his pocket presence is terrible.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:42 PM   #429
sergiorodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I've never been a Quinn fan. I didn't like him at ND... I didn't like that we drafted him... I was pulling for Anderson in training camp.

I did say that Mangini would have a longer leash with Quinn because Cleveland fans love him due to the fact that he is from Dublin, OH among other things. But, I've never been a fan.

For the record, I don't think Anderson is the long-term answer, either. He is certainly superior to Quinn, but he still has significant flaws. He has no touch on passes inside of 10 yards and his pocket presence is terrible.
Sir I have to ask what did NFL scouts see in Quinn? Whenever I watch ND it seemed like he just threw short passes to that massive white TE/WR (i forgot his name, i know he wound up playing baseball in the minors though) all game long and that guy just plowed through everyone and got alot of yards, but Quinn got all these passing stats. What did NFL coaches think the best case scenario for Quinn was?
Old 10-05-2009, 03:46 PM   #430
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergiorodriguez
Sir I have to ask what did NFL scouts see in Quinn? Whenever I watch ND it seemed like he just threw short passes to that massive white TE/WR (i forgot his name, i know he wound up playing baseball in the minors though) all game long and that guy just plowed through everyone and got alot of yards, but Quinn got all these passing stats. What did NFL coaches think the best case scenario for Quinn was?
Szmarja....... well I tried. I cannot spell his name without the aid of google. I know he is on the cubs.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:48 PM   #431
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

I don't think that most NFL GMs and coaches saw a whole lot in Quinn, which is why he slipped so far in the draft. Unfortunately, our previous owner (Phil Savage) is a total moron who traded up to get BQ after he had dropped out of the Top 20. I think that Savage figured that Brady, Manning, Brees, etc. do not have the strongest arms in the league, yet they are able to prosper.

What he failed to realize, however, is that their arms are strong enough and they are all super accurate, which Quinn is not outside of his checkdowns.

It was just another horrible move in a long line of bad moves since the Browns came back in '99. Quinn will be a career backup if he can even keep a job in the league.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:08 PM   #432
sergiorodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
Szmarja....... well I tried. I cannot spell his name without the aid of google. I know he is on the cubs.
yeh that guy was amazing, he must be a damn good baseball player, because i'm pretty sure he was projected first rounder in the NFL
Old 10-05-2009, 04:13 PM   #433
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
yeh that guy was amazing, he must be a damn good baseball player, because i'm pretty sure he was projected first rounder in the NFL
Yeah, he was amazing. I was sitting there saying,"this white receiver is ballin'"
His name is Jeff Samardzija. He has his own official website.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:28 PM   #434
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

LeBron James senses jealousy from Braylon Edwards...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4534215
Old 10-05-2009, 04:41 PM   #435
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
LeBron James senses jealousy from Braylon Edwards...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4534215
My God, Braylon. I'm constantly sticking up for this guy, but he is making it harder and harder to defend his actions. I absolutely would not doubt it if he were jealous of LeBron and the way that James basically owns the city.

Braylon wants to be that guy and he just... isn't... And never will be.

A good start would be to start contributing something to the offense, though.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: