Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2006, 10:50 PM   #1
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
SoCalMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 23,348
Default Who Will Make The Lakers Squad?

So, how many players are currently on the Lakers squad? Is it 16 or 17? Who will make the final 15?

So far, I have been a bit disappointed in Devin Green and Trevor Pinnock. I thought they would show up better.

On the other hand, Farmar has been wonderful.

So, who stays on the team?

This is not a ranking but a guess:

1. Kobe
2. Odom
3. Kwame
4. Mihm
5. Smush
6. Cook
7. Turiaf
8. Bynum
9. Evans
10. Williams
11. Sasha
12. Farmar
13. Walton
14. McKie
15. Vlad Rad

Thoughts?
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 10:53 PM   #2
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!
 
mariodeathgrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,424
Default

I hope they waive or trade Mckie soon, but green over Mckie! I don't care for green much, but fans love him for some reason!
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 10:55 PM   #3
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter
 
LakersDynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
So, how many players are currently on the Lakers squad? Is it 16 or 17? Who will make the final 15?

So far, I have been a bit disappointed in Devin Green and Trevor Pinnock. I thought they would show up better.

On the other hand, Farmar has been wonderful.

So, who stays on the team?

This is not a ranking but a guess:

1. Kobe
2. Odom
3. Kwame
4. Mihm
5. Smush
6. Cook
7. Turiaf
8. Bynum
9. Evans
10. Williams
11. Sasha
12. Farmar
13. Walton
14. McKie
15. Vlad Rad

Thoughts?
It'll be those 15 players I'm sure. Pinnock, Green, and Wafer won't make the team.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 11:07 PM   #4
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
SoCalMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 23,348
Default

Yeah, I think the McKee issue is a real one. I guess he's not really a tradeable contract, or is he? Would someone want that to come off their books so that the Lakers could get some sort of value for him?

I just don't think Pinnock, Wafer and Green are NBA material at this point, and watching them play with the pro's just proves that to me.

D-League candidates!
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 11:16 PM   #5
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!
 
mariodeathgrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Yeah, I think the McKee issue is a real one. I guess he's not really a tradeable contract, or is he? Would someone want that to come off their books so that the Lakers could get some sort of value for him?

I just don't think Pinnock, Wafer and Green are NBA material at this point, and watching them play with the pro's just proves that to me.

D-League candidates!

I don't know I still would like the Laker's to make a trade for Banks! And Cook and Mckie would be ideal!! But right now we kind of need Cook! Since Milm and Brown is out! And Cook can play center.
Cook sucks at D' but would fit good with the Suns and Mckie would erase 2.5 mil off the Sun salary and could help them keep under the cap next year.

Giving us Parker Banks and Farmar at the Pt.
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 11:21 PM   #6
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
SoCalMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 23,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariodeathgrip
I don't know I still would like the Laker's to make a trade for Banks! And Cook and Mckie would be ideal!! But right now we kind of need Cook! Since Milm and Brown is out! And Cook can play center.
Cook sucks at D' but would fit good with the Suns and Mckie would erase 2.5 mil off the Sun salary and could help them keep under the cap next year.

Giving us Parker Banks and Farmar at the Pt.

Do we need to be three deep at the point in the Triangle offense? Would Phoenix even give him up?

I am just not that impressed with his game.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 11:42 PM   #7
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!
 
mariodeathgrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Do we need to be three deep at the point in the Triangle offense? Would Phoenix even give him up?

I am just not that impressed with his game.


Quote:
Do we need to be three deep at the point in the Triangle offense?
I just love his D'

Quote:
Would Phoenix even give him up?
For Cook I think they might!

Quote:
I am just not that impressed with his game.
Well I alway thought he would be a good fit with us, but that's my opinion, but if you feel he won't then I guess I could be wrong!!
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 11:49 PM   #8
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
SoCalMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 23,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariodeathgrip
Well I alway thought he would be a good fit with us, but that's my opinion, but if you feel he won't then I guess I could be wrong!!

Dude, I could be wrong too ya know... I'm lookin for your thoughts, thats all. Why do you think he would fit so well?
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 11:59 PM   #9
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!
 
mariodeathgrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Dude, I could be wrong too ya know... I'm lookin for your thoughts, thats all. Why do you think he would fit so well?

Another young potential that can play great D' and has shown he can score good at attacking the baskets and at time has shown he can guard star pt guard Nash AI Bibby and others, can score 10 plus a game. And Phil likes him.
I'm also thinking about the future and he could be a big part of it. And I hate that the suns picked him up, now they got a second option that plays D'.. Every game I seen him in I get impress with what he brings.
If Gary Payton didn't screw it up for us we would have had him.
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 12:02 AM   #10
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA rookie of the year
 
Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,974
Default

I think Mckie should make the team...just in case if we have any trade thing going on at the deadline. I want green and Pinnock to go to NBDL and get some minutes there..instead of sitting on the end of bench. if any trade doesnt go down then we can cut Mckie if he is still on the injured list and bring one of the young guy from nbdl.....
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 12:20 AM   #11
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!
 
mariodeathgrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
I think Mckie should make the team...just in case if we have any trade thing going on at the deadline. I want green and Pinnock to go to NBDL and get some minutes there..instead of sitting on the end of bench. if any trade doesnt go down then we can cut Mckie if he is still on the injured list and bring one of the young guy from nbdl.....


How does the D league work any way?!
Can we have 15 players on the Roster! And still have the 3 Rooks in the D league? Meaning 18 players in all!
Pinnock the Rk and Wafer and Green second yr Rk.
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 12:25 AM   #12
Cool
NBA rookie of the year
 
Cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,273
Default

I think mckie should be cut and let Devin Green on the team he has potential and a bright future. Mckie has nothing going for him right now. So I say give the guy a chance its worth a shot.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:10 AM   #13
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
So, how many players are currently on the Lakers squad? Is it 16 or 17? Who will make the final 15?

So far, I have been a bit disappointed in Devin Green and Trevor Pinnock. I thought they would show up better.

On the other hand, Farmar has been wonderful.

So, who stays on the team?

This is not a ranking but a guess:

1. Kobe
2. Odom
3. Kwame
4. Mihm
5. Smush
6. Cook
7. Turiaf
8. Bynum
9. Evans
10. Williams
11. Sasha
12. Farmar
13. Walton
14. McKie
15. Vlad Rad

Thoughts?

Green has done more than Mckie. He's done better than expected as he came from a division III team.

after this year hes gonna retire and we will have lost green for no reason.

But whatever...who am I
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:11 AM   #14
Cool
NBA rookie of the year
 
Cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,273
Default

I totally agree we should keep green get rid of mckie cause then its waisted talent.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:12 AM   #15
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,643
Default

Hey Cool, get online
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:32 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy