Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 11-03-2010, 11:17 PM   #421
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: by july 3rd next year, i will be dunking..

I've been practicing outside alot for the past few weeks and my legs are nice and tan. And i'm slightly closer to dunking.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:21 AM   #422
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My hops were feeling extra springy a couple of days ago. As a 7th grade coach, I often like to partake in all the running drills with my players during practice. I think it's helping my hops a little. I was putting down wrist-splitting hammers yesterday (in the 7th grade layup line of course).

To state one more time for emphasis, one of the biggest adjustments I've made is consciously dribbling lower to the ground and keeping my body lower overall as I approach for a dunk. Making my body "smaller" has worked wonders in terms of my overall spring. I highly recommend double checking how low you are on your approach.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:58 AM   #423
JJ81
Good college starter

JJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this board

It's not all about squats...

I never do weighted squats. Like, I've tried it a few times but never specifically trained in this area. I've done a few pyrometric programs and am currently doing one at the moment. I'm a fast sprinter and I regularly go down to the track and do sprints on my own. If you look at the massive guys in the gym who are squating stupid weights, most of them cant leave the floor.

By the way, I'm 5'11", 18 years old and I can dunk it with 1 and with 2 hands.
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 04:19 AM   #424
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ81
It's not all about squats...

I never do weighted squats. Like, I've tried it a few times but never specifically trained in this area. I've done a few pyrometric programs and am currently doing one at the moment. I'm a fast sprinter and I regularly go down to the track and do sprints on my own. If you look at the massive guys in the gym who are squating stupid weights, most of them cant leave the floor.

By the way, I'm 5'11", 18 years old and I can dunk it with 1 and with 2 hands.

That's because they aren't training to be explosive, they are training to gain mass. Also, they don't do any plyos... you can't just lift weights without doing plyos and have a good vert. You can do nothing but plyos and develop a decent vert tho. That's just the way it goes since you are training your jump specifically whereas weights are just improving your strength and not your reactive ability (which is more important when it comes to jumping).
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:59 PM   #425
BallinUSA
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BallinUSA has an OK reputation so far

Video tape your approach and compare your jumping form with the great ones.
Here are a few keys before takeoff.
Torso straight, chest up (not leaning forward)
Low to the ground but not parallel.. thighs at about 45 deg.
When you explode up go straight up and not out.
Jumping form alone can add several inches to your vertical.

The Jump manual
http://tinyurl.com/JumpManworks
BallinUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: