Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2009, 07:34 PM   #1
schyza
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
schyza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cali transplant in AZ aka hell
Posts: 787
Default 2k10 My Player Mode

So for those of you who have been lucky enough to catch the 2k servers when they’re up and who have had the chance to upload their player from combine what do you all think? I’ll be honest I was a little ticked that the servers were down for 2 days straight but they came up long enough for me to upload my player last night.

I was projected to go 16th pick in the 2nd round to the Cavs but ended up going 2 round 2nd pick overall to the Wiz. Since it was late I didn’t get much of a chance to play but enjoyed what time I did spend on it.

Also some people have been giving 2k grief about the server issue on launch but hey that $hit happens to allot of game company’s. I remember the launch of Skate from EA was horrible as well as the first year EA integrated the photo game face into tiger woods these kinds of things happen. Being in technology I know you can test and test things but as soon as you roll it to production something will fail it’s Murphy’s Law. But aside from the server issues what do you all think? Were did you get drafted? Where in the draft? What team?
schyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:41 PM   #2
exaqtion
Serious playground baller
 
exaqtion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Hagerstown Md
Posts: 441
Default Re: 2k10 My Player Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by schyza
So for those of you who have been lucky enough to catch the 2k servers when they’re up and who have had the chance to upload their player from combine what do you all think? I’ll be honest I was a little ticked that the servers were down for 2 days straight but they came up long enough for me to upload my player last night.

I was projected to go 16th pick in the 2nd round to the Cavs but ended up going 2 round 2nd pick overall to the Wiz. Since it was late I didn’t get much of a chance to play but enjoyed what time I did spend on it.

Also some people have been giving 2k grief about the server issue on launch but hey that $hit happens to allot of game company’s. I remember the launch of Skate from EA was horrible as well as the first year EA integrated the photo game face into tiger woods these kinds of things happen. Being in technology I know you can test and test things but as soon as you roll it to production something will fail it’s Murphy’s Law. But aside from the server issues what do you all think? Were did you get drafted? Where in the draft? What team?

Whats your rating? I didnt get drafted damn it! lol Im a level 53 Sf and im in the D-League, and it really sucks. I have around 82 more d-league games to play to! It's just not fun to play against no names, other then that, I like the My Player mode, along with my team.
exaqtion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:55 PM   #3
schyza
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
schyza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cali transplant in AZ aka hell
Posts: 787
Default Re: 2k10 My Player Mode

THE SCHYZA
All-Around PG
5’9
170LB
Overall 52

Got drafted by the Wiz but still have to make the squad I think. I have 6 drills and 6 games to play then I will know if I’m a Wizard or a D-Leaguer
schyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:54 PM   #4
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.
 
bdreason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: HB, CA
Posts: 25,581
Default Re: 2k10 My Player Mode

Oakland Streets #41
6'10" BtB Power Forward
University of California



I got drafted 2nd round, 3rd pick to the Blazers.

After Summer League I got invites from most of the camps... but chose only to try to make the Warriors.

After 5 games in Training Camp I was cut, and sent to play for the Energy in the NBA D-League.

I've been there for 4 games now, coming off the bench. My player is getting pretty good though. I think he's a 60 now... and scores from the post real well (90 shot from post, 85 post moves).
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:15 AM   #5
jbot
Future D1 Dad
 
jbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,073
Default Re: 2k10 My Player Mode

the My Player mode is jacked up.

the Mentor dude keeps telling me there are other teams wanting to sign me but then nothing happens. no offers from other teams and i get this stupid message after every game i play. also, when i get subbed into a game, i can't even see myself for the 1st few seconds due to the damn message on the screen over the court. i've turned the ball over a couple of times and my opponent has scored on me because of this. then there's the league menu screens. alot of them have missing headings like in the League History part.

they seriously need to fix that stuff not to mention the glitch when u end summer league. u get invited to other camps from every other team but all u do is not choose and turn your system off. when u start the game back up, you'll be on the team that drafted u. did they not test this mode or what???

i have an athletic 2 guard that got drafted 26th in the 1st rd to the Bulls. i survived thru to training camp and i'm averaging about 15ppg in the NBA. i just dropped 26 on the Lakers and got POTG. i haven't started yet but i've been getting alot of minutes and i'm the highest scorer on the team right now, while only being rated at 61. my team is dead last in our divison so far.

Last edited by jbot : 10-09-2009 at 04:19 AM.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:03 AM   #6
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut
 
JerzeyBlaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 386
Default Re: 2k10 My Player Mode

I havent gotten the game yet but i have a question for you guys who have it. Say you get drafted to a team that you absolutely do not want to play for. Can you choose to workout for the teams that you would want to play for? or do you have to play on your drafted team?
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:40 PM   #7
jbot
Future D1 Dad
 
jbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,073
Default Re: 2k10 My Player Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBlaze
I havent gotten the game yet but i have a question for you guys who have it. Say you get drafted to a team that you absolutely do not want to play for. Can you choose to workout for the teams that you would want to play for? or do you have to play on your drafted team?
so far, i'm stuck w/ my drafted team. the mentor keeps saying that i can switch to these other teams that are wanting me but the game doesn't do anything about it. the whole mode is full of glitches. i read on 2ksports.com forums that they are supposed to release a patch sometime soon.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:04 PM   #8
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs
 
MeLO MvP 15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,712
Default Re: 2k10 My Player Mode

my guys a 6"5 PG who got drafted 17th (1st round ) eventho i was project to go in the second round (i had draft combine) some reason i was cut by the sixers then the other 29 teams invited me to camp for me it was b/w nuggz and the heat chose miami for more playing time... after 10 games of average 10 PPG off the bench i start now....
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:41 PM   #9
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut
 
JerzeyBlaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 386
Default Re: 2k10 My Player Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
so far, i'm stuck w/ my drafted team. the mentor keeps saying that i can switch to these other teams that are wanting me but the game doesn't do anything about it. the whole mode is full of glitches. i read on 2ksports.com forums that they are supposed to release a patch sometime soon.

ait cool, hopefully they get that fixed. I just got the game so im a check it out. I know ur rockin wit the pacers! Im a try them or the nets
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:49 PM   #10
Al Thornton
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: free wop
Posts: 4,682
Default Re: 2k10 My Player Mode

6'4 Scoring Shooting Guard

Got drafted by Lakers , guess I'm gonna take Vugacic's minutes.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:49 PM   #11
jbot
Future D1 Dad
 
jbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,073
Default Re: 2k10 My Player Mode

this mode would be so much better if all these bugs were fixed. i've had the 1/2 time menu come up in the middle of the 3rd qtr, dancers on the floor during play, and some huge menu screen stuck for like 20-30 seconds while i turned the ball over because of it. frustrating.

why can't u hear the coaches talking? for that matter, the whole arena noises are screwed up. the crowd chants like they're watching a soccer game over in europe.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 02:12 AM   #12
Rake2204
NBA Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 14,001
Default Re: 2k10 My Player Mode

I was just drafted by the Blazers in the 2nd round tonight. I'm a 6'4'' shoot-first point guard who boasts a 37% field goal percentage. The good news is that I just learned how to dunk. The bad news is that I'm a 6'4'' shoot-first point guard who boasts a 37% field goal percentage.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:45 AM   #13
Splitz77
Good High School Starter
 
Splitz77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Washington
Posts: 873
Default Re: 2k10 My Player Mode

In DC I was projected Pick 1 Round 2. I actually went Pick 16 Round 1. I was drafted by the bulls, but after summer circuit, i got dropped (Just like everyone else) and I went to the kings (I wanted to go to a crappy team) I made it past the Training camp, and got invited to stay. After six games i became starter..But i quit playing because of the clone glitch..it ****s up your stats and everything else..so im waiting for the patch to get released so it will fix all the problems with it..
Splitz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:48 AM   #14
Splitz77
Good High School Starter
 
Splitz77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Washington
Posts: 873
Default Re: 2k10 My Player Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
the My Player mode is jacked up.

the Mentor dude keeps telling me there are other teams wanting to sign me but then nothing happens. no offers from other teams and i get this stupid message after every game i play. also, when i get subbed into a game, i can't even see myself for the 1st few seconds due to the damn message on the screen over the court. i've turned the ball over a couple of times and my opponent has scored on me because of this. then there's the league menu screens. alot of them have missing headings like in the League History part.

they seriously need to fix that stuff not to mention the glitch when u end summer league. u get invited to other camps from every other team but all u do is not choose and turn your system off. when u start the game back up, you'll be on the team that drafted u. did they not test this mode or what???

i have an athletic 2 guard that got drafted 26th in the 1st rd to the Bulls. i survived thru to training camp and i'm averaging about 15ppg in the NBA. i just dropped 26 on the Lakers and got POTG. i haven't started yet but i've been getting alot of minutes and i'm the highest scorer on the team right now, while only being rated at 61. my team is dead last in our divison so far.

My Player mode has alot of problems wrong with it. Clone glitch is the worst. Their is two of you. One is on the team that drafted you and the other is on the team you are on now..IT will **** up your stats, and say you've played more games than you have. and If you end up getting like MVP, your clone will actually get it so you wont get the reward for it..yepp..but 2k is working on the patch right now..
Splitz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:57 AM   #15
T.O.RAPS
Raptors|FC Barcelona
 
T.O.RAPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,063
Default Re: 2k10 My Player Mode

is this mode strictly online only?
T.O.RAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:25 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy