Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-10-2009, 05:30 PM   #31
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

Default Re: Manute For Ever! How much of this clowns life is a lie???

I noticed the same thing but didnt say. When I quoted his post, and all of them were from the same site, I thought that was odd. I just left it alone though. I dont see why everyone is making fun of you for telling the truth though. That's ISH. You make a thread, and then people proceed to completely ignore your point and take shots at you. I dont see the point in that, but apparently this site is full of followers.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:31 PM   #32
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Quote:
Originally Posted by U got Served
There's nothing wrong with getting some material from a website everyone does that. but once you start this

"Still compiling the top 10, the idea for this thread comes from a drunken conversation last night"

It gets weird.
This... Posting lists and links to cracked.com or whatever is one thing, a poster with Munson in his name did it often, attempting pass it off as your own material is another entirely. Manute has been exposed, and Bruinlove gets a tip of the cap from Le Mang de Dash.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:35 PM   #33
halffttime
shorty doowop

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
I noticed the same thing but didnt say. When I quoted his post, and all of them were from the same site, I thought that was odd. I just left it alone though. I dont see why everyone is making fun of you for telling the truth though. That's ISH. You make a thread, and then people proceed to completely ignore your point and take shots at you. I dont see the point in that, but apparently this site is full of followers.
i thought it was pretty obvious that he was getting his threads from some other site. i've seen other people already point it out in the past. people are bashing sergio cause he's making a big deal out of nothing..
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:37 PM   #34
Knicks101
Black Cesaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by halffttime
i thought it was pretty obvious that he was getting his threads from some other site. i've seen other people already point it out in the past. people are bashing sergio cause he's making a big deal out of nothing..

I knew that he got them from other places too. It is dumb that he claimed to have made up the cartoon one, but who cares.
Knicks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:37 PM   #35
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergiorodriguez
not really, just haters giving me weak 'internet burnz" lol
With how much you're getting off about this, one would think you just discovered the cure for aids. Give it a ****ing rest, this is a message board, no one gives a ****...
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:38 PM   #36
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by halffttime
Yeah, he made a big deal about it but he was right. Manute did pass it off as his own material. He copied it word for word. Getting threads from other sites is one thing, copying the whole list letter by letter and not giving credit is just plain wrong. Plagiarism.
Old 10-10-2009, 05:48 PM   #37
"Jesus"
Short & Sweet

The threads he creates or copies in OTC are much more interesting than the 15 threads about Lil' Wayne's future legacy posted here.
"Jesus" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:49 PM   #38
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
The threads he creates or copies in OTC are much more interesting than the 15 threads about Lil' Wayne's future legacy posted here.
Hey! Wayne's future will determine the fate of humanity!
Old 10-10-2009, 06:03 PM   #39
hayden695
NBA lottery pick

I thought it was obvious that he got the other threads that were pics of funny/wierd stuff from other sites.

But taking that list from another site seemed pretty obvious, how many guys remember that much about cartoon characters and stuff when they are drunk.
hayden695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:29 PM   #40
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

Manute should simply own up and when he posts these things just give the link and go on from there. End of story. It's definitely not a big deal as he didn't come off as if he was some major player or whatever. Props for the 48 hours like investigation I guess.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:29 PM   #41
Sanity
I know from experience

And they say Batman is the worlds greatest detective.
Sanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:37 PM   #42
Chick_Hearn

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
some of these were never MEANT to be original threads. How do you think other people in the thread were finding the comic book pics too? They were all on the site listed in the pics' URL. Did you actually think he went through all those comics himself and found individual pics?

Then how about giving credit to the person who did spend time to collect those images?

Or how about learning how not to plagiarize?

It's not that difficult, give credit when credit is due...
Old 10-10-2009, 06:40 PM   #43
Chick_Hearn

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
The irony here is that he's calling Manute a loser for hitting copy and paste on a list that he thought was funny, but Sergio is the one going through in depth research navigating the website, bumping old threads and running from topic to topic posting 1000 laughing icons and tryin to pump everyone up.

Who's more of a loser, the "loser" or the loser who devotes his saturday afternoon to launching a message board investigation into that loser's post history?

it takes less than a second to find a posted images source. If you follow his threads you will quickly notice no citations and all of the pictures sourced to the site where he copied everything. So i have no clue why you're making it seem as though sergio has spent countless hours gathering information about Manute...
Old 10-10-2009, 06:48 PM   #44
macmac
Gov'n

i dont understand why everyone is hating on the OP.

It's a pretty d0uchebag move to talk about how your girlfriend thinks you're hilarious and how you're thinking of publishing material when you're just rippin it off another website...You probably don't have a girlfriend. And while you have the useful ability to seem through the web and present us with interesting facts and pics, you never came across as a dude with an interesting sense of humor, so the top 20 lists seemed like a reach from the get go...

Just stick to presenting us with cool info...don't get ahead of yourself and start acting like you are actually a genuinely interesting character...

Too many sheep on ISH. If yall didnt dislike the OP, you'd all be yelling FAIL and EXPOSED and +1 and shiiit... This whole thing was lame and he called it. Not on the level of handsome man, but manute should just go back to his bread and butter, the copy past function with credits.
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:15 PM   #45
branslowski
BOW DOWN TO GREATNESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
i dont understand why everyone is hating on the OP.

It's a pretty d0uchebag move to talk about how your girlfriend thinks you're hilarious and how you're thinking of publishing material when you're just rippin it off another website...You probably don't have a girlfriend. And while you have the useful ability to seem through the web and present us with interesting facts and pics, you never came across as a dude with an interesting sense of humor, so the top 20 lists seemed like a reach from the get go...

Just stick to presenting us with cool info...don't get ahead of yourself and start acting like you are actually a genuinely interesting character...

Too many sheep on ISH. If yall didnt dislike the OP, you'd all be yelling FAIL and EXPOSED and +1 and shiiit... This whole thing was lame and he called it. Not on the level of handsome man, but manute should just go back to his bread and butter, the copy past function with credits.

Exactly...OP is getting attacked because some dont like him...

But yeah, Manute's threads were great, and everyone gets idea's from other sources, but once you start saying..."I came up with this during a drunken conversation" and "Im finishing the rest of the list"...type of things, you have to admit that thats an epic failure...So with all of your dislike for the op or love for Manute, you have to open your eye's and see the loserness in this..

Is it a big deal? No...It wont save the world...But for the same time he was getting daps for his threads...Shouldn't he get the knocks for claiming something is his work when it isn't?
branslowski is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: