Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 10-24-2006, 08:05 PM   #1
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Who remember's Vince's first game with the Nets?

I forget the precise date, but it was sometime around Christmas 04 and it was @Pistons.

the Nets ultimately lost the game because Carter's flared up hammy took him out (back then I did not know what to think of him so I thought he quit on the Nets too)

but he was immensely talented. sinking deep 3, hitting circus shots, and breaking down the vaunted Pistons' D and he kept the Nets in the damn thing for most of the game.

i was in awe at the stuff he could do, but it was obvious Carter, Kidd, and RJ were a little unsure of what they were doing on the floor at the time.

speaking of whcih, who remembres the preRJ injury big three? not quite as dominant or flashy, but plenty of highlights. I'll try to dig some up.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:45 AM   #2
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

I was pretty satisfied with his performance the first game, but when his hammy cramped up I did think to myself, "maybe the injury rumors were true." I soon realized though that the cramp was only a result of playing way too many minutes after that much time off.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 12:51 PM   #3
whaley82
High School JV MVP

whaley82 has decent reputation

I remember after that I started freaking and was soo pissed at him but then I saw him back the next game and Was a little confused but he soonly prooved That he belongs to be a Net and that he wasn't gonna sit all year long on the bench.
whaley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:00 PM   #4
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

Yeah, it didn't take long for him to win me back.
Old 10-29-2006, 03:26 PM   #5
whaley82
High School JV MVP

I just wish he would try on Defence, its coming but When your athletic as VC Defence shouldn't be that hard of a thing to do, All you have to do is put some heart into it.
Old 10-29-2006, 04:44 PM   #6
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

his defense has been better than i thought it would be since he arrived.

perhaps he realises that if he takes it easy he'll look like an ass next to kidd, RJ and twin busting their butts out there.

the biggest thing that bothers me is that he doesn't run as much as he could. with kidd as your PG you should be running all day long, and if he gets tired then let wright or boki or someone else step in to run and put pressure on the defense.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 05:06 PM   #7
whaley82
High School JV MVP

Yeah but a lot of that stuff has to do with Heart. He has to learn to push himself, he could have like 20 pts of just fast break if he would run and let Kidd throw it from half to him for an alley. Hes very fas and can jump over most people. I wish he had the heart of RJ, RJ runs and runs and runs, then he gets back and he plays hard defence, thats one of the reasons why RJ is so damn good. Now if he could rub a little off onto Carter that be great. But I kinda think its to late in his career to pretty much change him that much. But if he can add some more to it, that be great.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:22 PM   #8
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

if you watch the games, Carter did run last year, but that was only if certain plays had Kidd and RJ crashing the boards or if carter just happened to be out on the perimeter when the opponents missed a shot.

usually the play calls for Carter to play in teh midpost area, so once a rebound is collected (he may even have it) he is not in prime position to run the break.

besides, he can't run as fast as RJ or Kidd.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 06:33 PM   #9
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

Vince seems to have taken Kittles's role in the fast break with the pull up 3. When he knocks them down I love it, but when he doesn't and continues to shoot, it does irk me a bit, but I understand he's doing it for the team and only trying to heat up to help us win.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: