Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 10-24-2006, 07:37 PM   #1
NBAEMoreira022
ISH Insider

NBAEMoreira022 has an OK reputation so far
Default Vince Carter To The Max!

Vince Carter to The Max

NEW JERSEY- Throwing down monstrous 360 dunks. Shooting from half court. Vince Carter has been all about highlights his whole career. After being traded by the Toronto Raptors and then admitting that he never gave it all he had, fans began questioning wether he would play up to his potential in Jersey town. But Vinsanity turned his career around, and going from 15.6 points per game in Toronto to scoring 24 per game in the 04-05 season. You can say it was all because of Jason Kidd, the franchise point guard for the New Jersey Nets, who made Vince Carter mature. “It's easy playing on this team,” Vince Carter says after shooting from behind the arc. Of course it is, when you have a point guard who makes teammates better, a coach who demands more out of players, and two up and coming you players in Richard Jefferson and Nenad Kristic, it would be hard for anybody to say other wise. Of course it didn't come along that way, because Vince had to find a way to play alongside Richard Jefferson. “We had Jefferson going well. I didn't have a problem sitting back and just watching. At the same time, coach wanted me to stay aggressive, and we kept getting good shots. That's how we work. If things aren't working individually, we know where each other are going to be.” Carter also had to overcome Toronto Raptors fans saying all the negative things about him, but if you ask him how he deals with it, he will tell you he doesn't care. “There's not a thing that any of you guys can say bad about me that would hurt my feelings...", and if you ask him about the playoffs, and how they lost to the Miami Heat in Game 5, he will take the blame for it,"i'm willing to take that heat for my team, if we're playing well or if we're not playing well.” What happend to the old Vince Carter? The one who use to settle for too many jumpers instead of slashing to the hoop for some dunks? That Vince is gone. And it was because he never had enough players to step up with him during games. “I was beginning to feel like I was in the gym by myself out there(In Toronto),” It was lonely for him, he needed a change. Toronto fans weren't satisfied with him, and when things went wrong, it was all because of him. So while many called him a quitter, he needed the change. It was good for him, and for the fans. Now, he is on his way to competing with the best of the best, and he has some help now with him. “I'm going to make a lot of people eat their words when it's time.” Is what he will tell you when there are doubters lurking about, and he is real confident with his teammates, he loves talking about the Nets, “It's exciting. It's a great feeling talking about it and not being afraid to say, 'Yeah, we have a good team, and we're going to be capable of competing. It's great to see everybody thinking that way. I think everybody's committed to this team because of the talent we have.” So Vince Carter is confident, and his goal now would be to win a championship, he is capable of doing it, but this time, it's for the fans.

I wrote article myself, give me some feedback. It would help alot! Thank You.
NBAEMoreira022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:09 PM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

i love it.

this article comes across as a fan article (nothing wrong with that) and it presents Carter's strong points very nicely. the Nets organization should consider taking this as an advertisement for their tema.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 10:00 PM   #3
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

it's pretty good IMO. mainly just needs some formatting (paragraphs) and a little grammar work.

however, this line: "and then admitting that he never gave it all he had" is simply not true. that's not what he actually said- it's more the popular perception of what he said.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 11:54 PM   #4
NBAEMoreira022
ISH Insider

NBAEMoreira022 has an OK reputation so far

thanks for the feedback it means alot
NBAEMoreira022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 08:12 AM   #5
whaley82
High School JV MVP

whaley82 has decent reputation

Thats a great article, usually things that size I don't read because I get bored fast, But I actually read that whole thing and enjoyed it the whole way through.
whaley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:45 PM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well written article!!
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: