Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-04-2006, 04:38 PM   #1
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default Are Los Angeles Lakers Fans Beginning to Forgive Shaquille O'Neal??? Find out.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...adlines-sports

What, the Lakers Traded Shaq to Miami?

June 3, 2006

So the Heat wouldn't give up Dwyane Wade as part of the Shaquille O'Neal trade? Now Shaq and Wade are in the NBA Finals while Kobe and the Lakers are on vacation.

Makes you wonder what would have happened had the Lakers traded Kobe for Dwyane, one for one.

CARL MUNSON

San Marino

The Times needs to discontinue its sour-grapes attack against Shaquille O'Neal ["Scaled Back," May 27]. True, he plays less minutes with Miami because he is older, but also because Miami has a bona fide backup center in Alonzo Mourning. No matter what angle you try to take (he has slowed down, he is out of shape, he wanted too much money), the fact remains the Lakers would be better with him than they are now without him.

Any team in the NBA would be glad to have him, including the geniuses that are current Lakers management. Less minutes, less points, less dominance, same results: an exciting run in the NBA playoffs. He is still the center in the NBA that everyone else is compared to.

So as you constantly were telling Shaq last year, get over it. The decision has been made and according to your paper everyone is happy with it. Basketball season is over for L.A.

SUZANNE HUDSON

Pomona

LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 04:43 PM   #2
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

SixerFan03 has an OK reputation so far

The Heat are a really deep team. It's not just Shaq and Wade.
SixerFan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 04:45 PM   #3
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

The Lakers made a bad trade... Not that trading Shaq was a bad thing, but rather the players they received in the trade made it a bad trade.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 04:50 PM   #4
Eldrunko247
Good college starter

Eldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat cool

I never had a problem with Shaq. He brought us three Championships so why should I be mad at him? It was all good when Shaq was talking about other teams and players so what he said after he left shouldn't be all too unexpected. I already said before that the Lakers have been on the recieving ends of trades for dominant big men and benefitted greatly but this time they were trading away one of the all time great centers and would end up on the losing end. Only Kobe groupies are mad at Shaq because of blind bias. Shaq>T Duncan... 3peat Champion, 6 times Finals appearance. It's not even close...
Eldrunko247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 04:56 PM   #5
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

shaq has always been and still is one of my favorite players. and imo, the best center ever or as he likes to say the baddest mutha 'shut yo mouth' to ever play the game.

what i dont get is why mitch is still around.

Quote:
The playoffs have proved that Dwyane Wade and LeBron James are INARGUABLY the two best perimeter players in the league.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 04:59 PM   #6
Velocirap31
Decent college freshman

Velocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation here

What exactly does he mean by perimeter players? If that refers to best shooters in the game then...no.
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 05:05 PM   #7
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

not me...still rooting against shaq to the bitter end.
And I know plenty of other laker fans who don't want to see the guy win again. and no most of them are not kobe groupies.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 05:07 PM   #8
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocirap31
What exactly does he mean by perimeter players? If that refers to best shooters in the game then...no.

its a sig assigned to me cuz i lost a bet

Quote:
The playoffs have proved that Dwyane Wade and LeBron James are INARGUABLY the two best perimeter players in the league.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:33 PM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider

What, the Lakers Traded Shaq to Miami?

June 3, 2006

So the Heat wouldn't give up Dwyane Wade as part of the Shaquille O'Neal trade? Now Shaq and Wade are in the NBA Finals while Kobe and the Lakers are on vacation.

Makes you wonder what would have happened had the Lakers traded Kobe for Dwyane, one for one.

CARL MUNSON

San Marino

The Times needs to discontinue its sour-grapes attack against Shaquille O'Neal ["Scaled Back," May 27]. True, he plays less minutes with Miami because he is older, but also because Miami has a bona fide backup center in Alonzo Mourning. No matter what angle you try to take (he has slowed down, he is out of shape, he wanted too much money), the fact remains the Lakers would be better with him than they are now without him.

Any team in the NBA would be glad to have him, including the geniuses that are current Lakers management. Less minutes, less points, less dominance, same results: an exciting run in the NBA playoffs. He is still the center in the NBA that everyone else is compared to.

So as you constantly were telling Shaq last year, get over it. The decision has been made and according to your paper everyone is happy with it. Basketball season is over for L.A.

SUZANNE HUDSON

Pomona

Why does everyone keep thinking that Kobe was gonna be traded when he was a FREE AGENT. Kobe was not gonna resign at all with the lakers as Long as Shaq was still there.

All lakers needed to do was decline the trade for Butler.

Why couldnt they just stop being so picky and choose the mavericks so they could try and get Nowitzki. Or the Phoenix one where we could have Gotten Marion and Stoudemire.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:53 PM   #10
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Why does everyone keep thinking that Kobe was gonna be traded when he was a FREE AGENT. Kobe was not gonna resign at all with the lakers as Long as Shaq was still there.

All lakers needed to do was decline the trade for Butler.

Why couldnt they just stop being so picky and choose the mavericks so they could try and get Nowitzki. Or the Phoenix one where we could have Gotten Marion and Stoudemire.

Marion might have been a possibility, but there was no way the Lakers would've gotten Nowitski or Stoudemire.

People think that the decision to let Shaq go was a result of Kobe's free agency. Shaq wanted a $30 million a year to resign with the Lakers after he would opt out of his deal. When I read those stories about Shaq's salary demands along with the Lakers having to offer the max to Bryant, Shaq was gone. If Kobe never tested the free agent market and resigned and begged management to keep Shaq, Shaq was still going to get traded. A Shaq trade had to happen that summer because it is such a difficult trade to actually do in the middle of the season.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 07:08 PM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
Marion might have been a possibility, but there was no way the Lakers would've gotten Nowitski or Stoudemire.

People think that the decision to let Shaq go was a result of Kobe's free agency. Shaq wanted a $30 million a year to resign with the Lakers after he would opt out of his deal. When I read those stories about Shaq's salary demands along with the Lakers having to offer the max to Bryant, Shaq was gone. If Kobe never tested the free agent market and resigned and begged management to keep Shaq, Shaq was still going to get traded. A Shaq trade had to happen that summer because it is such a difficult trade to actually do in the middle of the season.

If Kobe didn;t Opt out and wanted Shaq back, He would have stayed. Shaq isn't messed up like that.

He knows him and Kobe played great. The thing that made Shaq Unattractive was the 30 mill he wanted But if they hadn't Given Kobe sooo much money, i think shaq would have stayed.

Give Mitch a break guys. if we chose not to trade Shaq he would have just not played hard enugh or at all for that matter. People were talkin about Mitch having to resign...he works hard and tries his best to get great guys. He is pretty new anyways, he's been around for what, 4 or 5 years?
Old 06-09-2006, 07:04 PM   #12
rs98762001
Great young streetballer

rs98762001 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
not me...still rooting against shaq to the bitter end.
And I know plenty of other laker fans who don't want to see the guy win again. and no most of them are not kobe groupies.

Okay. I'll bite. Why on earth would Laker fans not want to see Shaq win another title (and Riley I might add)?

It's either a) because it will show up the trade as disastrous in the short run b) prove either that Shaq - not Kobe - was undoubtedly the more important piece to the threepeat or that, if Shaq wasn't or if he is now slowing down, that Wade is able to do what Kobe could not against the Pistons in 2004.

I am eternally grateful to Shaq for 3 great titles. Yes, it should have been 4 or even 5, but he's not the only one to blame for that.
rs98762001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 01:00 PM   #13
jan803
High school junior varsity star

jan803 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs98762001
Okay. I'll bite. Why on earth would Laker fans not want to see Shaq win another title (and Riley I might add)?

It's either a) because it will show up the trade as disastrous in the short run b) prove either that Shaq - not Kobe - was undoubtedly the more important piece to the threepeat or that, if Shaq wasn't or if he is now slowing down, that Wade is able to do what Kobe could not against the Pistons in 2004.

I am eternally grateful to Shaq for 3 great titles. Yes, it should have been 4 or even 5, but he's not the only one to blame for that.

rs,

i'll answer this for you.

there are people who didn't like that shaq was making trade demands. they didn't like the fact that he would yell at dr. buss 'pay me' in that preseason game. they didn't like the fact that he didn't play hard all of the time, but when it 'convenient' for him. they didn't like that he got his toe surgery on 'company time' and that cost them games that cost them homecourt advantange during the playoffs. they didn't like after the trade all the dissing of kobe, the organization and lastly the fans of la. they didn't like that he was asked to get in shape when he was here and didn't but he does when he gets to miami. personally, i was was livid when the la times wrote a &)*%(&)(**)*&% article about his workout regime during that offseason. i wanted to throw my monitor out the window reading that piece of (&)+*%$^%$#!

can you tell i'm one of those fans...shaq can kiss my (*&^^%$^$)*(_+!
jan803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 05:40 PM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan803
rs,

i'll answer this for you.

there are people who didn't like that shaq was making trade demands. they didn't like the fact that he would yell at dr. buss 'pay me' in that preseason game. they didn't like the fact that he didn't play hard all of the time, but when it 'convenient' for him. they didn't like that he got his toe surgery on 'company time' and that cost them games that cost them homecourt advantange during the playoffs. they didn't like after the trade all the dissing of kobe, the organization and lastly the fans of la. they didn't like that he was asked to get in shape when he was here and didn't but he does when he gets to miami. personally, i was was livid when the la times wrote a &)*%(&)(**)*&% article about his workout regime during that offseason. i wanted to throw my monitor out the window reading that piece of (&)+*%$^%$#!

can you tell i'm one of those fans...shaq can kiss my (*&^^%$^$)*(_+!

I second that
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: