Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 10-16-2009, 12:12 PM   #1
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Did Tay Almost Get Traded?

Wow, maybe Joe D isn't done. I personally don't want to see Tay go, even though Stephen Jackson (who he apparently almost got traded for) is a great talent. It would take a real blockbuster deal for me to be ok with him leaving.

Quote:
Multiple sources confirmed former executive vice president of basketball operations Chris Mullin had the makings of a deal in place to send Jackson to the Eastern Conference, as Yahoo Sports reported Thursday. One of the sources said there were talks that included Detroit Pistons forward Tayshaun Prince. But the deal was nixed by team president Robert Rowell's extension talks with Jackson.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:56 PM   #2
Kombo
:)

Kombo has decent reputationKombo has decent reputation
Default Re: Did Tay Almost Get Traded?

If I'm not mistaken, we nearly traded Prince for Jackson before. We then backed out when Jackson's contract was extended and no longer a 2010 expirer.
Kombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 04:09 PM   #3
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Now that I think about I believe your right. It seems like there were rumors of bringing Jackson into Detroit before.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:16 AM   #4
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Man, how quickly people forget the brawl... 2 or 3 years back, Pistons fans would be hissing at the thought of this trade.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 04:23 PM   #5
dd24
College superstar

I was never upset about the brawl. I actually think the fans went a little overboard and it was more their fault than the players.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:48 PM   #6
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

Would there be any interest on the Detroit end revisiting the Kaman for Prince rumors of 2008? The shine has really come off Kaman after last season, so I wonder if Piston fans would even be interested? Acquiring Kaman solves one problem but creates a while other one with the departure of Prince.

Another poster suggested adding Thornton to the deal, and I don't see how Detroit could turn that proposal down. I'd like to see Prince on the Clippers though...
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:06 PM   #7
dd24
College superstar

I'm really not for trading Prince unless it's in a package for an all-star caliber player. SF is a really important position, especially in the east where he guards guys like Pierce and Lebron for us. We have Charlie, Ben, and Kwame, and even Chris Wilcox now who can all play the center position. If we added Kaman we would need to get rid of one of those guys or we would have too many big guys. Right now I just want to see how things play out for a bit, then I'll have a better idea of what the team needs.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:47 AM   #8
Can barely lace up my sneakers

9951 has an OK reputation so far

If they trade prince I'm gonna throw something at my tv. That dudes just too flipping versatile.
9951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 03:58 AM   #9
dd24
College superstar

I hear ya. That's why I say it better be for someone really really good. I woudn't be mad if he was traded for Carmello like it was said in the rumors last year. Kaman though.... I don't know if I could feel good about that. Tay is just one of those guys who really gets under rated in this league.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:08 AM   #10
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

Admittedly, I don't really know how firm those rumors were in the summer of 2008, but I was salivating at the idea of Tayshaun on the Clippers. Anyone watching the Clippers last season would tell you that could use his playmaking and defense.

My intention wasn't to underrate Prince here. The nba forum criticism of Detroit seems to be focused around Center personnel. Naturally, I wondered if the fans of Detroit felt the same way.

If I was Detroit and there was an offer for Kaman = Prince? I wouldn't do it either. Kaman's shine has worn off
Old 10-25-2009, 06:25 AM   #11
dd24
College superstar

The general forum probably has the same feeling we do. I think one thing all of us Pistons fans can agree on is we have wanted a center for a number of years now. When Ben left for the stupid contract to Chicago, the Pistons were always a defensive big man short. Now that he came back it is too late in his career. The problem with all of those trade rumors is, we all love Tay and realize the intangibles he brings every night. While he isn't amazing at any one thing like some are, he is very good at a lot of things. He also doesn't have the ego that a lot of players do so he can play his role and not even question it. If he was older, I would think Pistons fans might be ok with it. Since we can still keep him here for a while yet, I would almost think he would be harder to let go of than Billups for us.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:58 AM   #12
intrinsic
Local High School Star

The funny thing is, teams around the league appear to be just as uninterested in Kaman as those who follow the Clippers. He is big, and he's an okay center. I get your attachment to Tayshaun. Fans of other teams truly appreciate the guy and his excellence on the court.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:21 AM   #13
dd24
College superstar

It is kind of ironic for Detoit fans too. We know that Kaman is a Michigan native who actually came from a small school here. I can't speak for all of us but I would think that most of us root for him because of that. He's obviously done a pretty good job in the league so far too. Personally, I've just become too attached to Tay over time. That's not a bad thing either. He's the man. It's tough to find someone who has his ability and keeps their ego in check. I think that may be one of the things that people can relate with the most. He's such a hard worker, who doesn't take anything for granted. It's a rare thing in the NBA today.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:05 AM   #14
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Cant believe Tay is entering his 8th season. Time flies. I remember when he was an up and comer, that's no more. :/

I'm a Pacers fan, and the memory of him blocking Reggie Miller in the 2004 playoff game is still embedded in my mind, and always will - but I love Tayshaun, and what his game is based on. A truly awesome layer.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:07 PM   #15
ZMonkey11
YMCA Scrub

ZMonkey11 has decent reputationZMonkey11 has decent reputation

I think it may be time to move Hamilton and Prince out of the Palace. Rip isn't looking happy in interviews. The team is not setup to run him screens anymore. And I don't think Tayshaun will be that effective with scorers that want to hold the ball and score on their own.

Unfortunately, the new movement has started and I think the old pieces have to go. And personally, I hate the new direction the Pistons are going.
ZMonkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: