Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 10-24-2006, 11:56 PM   #1
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation
Default Nuggets 3 problems over? or still inconsistent..

Listening to the Denver vs. Utah game and its incredible how two halves can bring completely differenet stories.

First half we shot 0-8 from 3 point land. Second half they go 12-20, finishing the game at .429 from 3.
J.R. Smith was shooting incredibly well and had 8 from 13 threes!

SO. IMO the Nuggets should be starting JR which i think will happen anyway, and since JR is not a good defender Yakhoubra should be getting at about 20-25 minutes behind him each game. He has proven that he can hit the three ball as well. As for Linus, as much as he has impressed me i would think he'll be getting minimal minutes, although he could find some time at sf.

Should this game make us excited? or just plain confused. Because right now im the Latter of the two.
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 02:10 PM   #2
pennstate73
I brick open layups

pennstate73 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh
Listening to the Denver vs. Utah game and its incredible how two halves can bring completely differenet stories.

First half we shot 0-8 from 3 point land. Second half they go 12-20, finishing the game at .429 from 3.

SO. IMO the Nuggets should be starting JR which i think will happen anyway, and since JR is not a good defender Yakhoubra should be getting at about 20-25 minutes behind him each game. He has proven that he can hit the three ball as well. As for Linus, as much as he has impressed me i would think he'll be getting minimal minutes, although he could find some time at sf.

Should this game make us excited? or just plain confused. Because right now im the Latter of the two.

I was at game last night and i must say that our 3 problems are still there. We cannot rely on one MAYBE 2 players for three's.

And last night Andre only took TWO shots the whole game.We can't win like that.
pennstate73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 02:10 PM   #3
pennstate73
I brick open layups

pennstate73 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh

I was at game last night and i must say that our 3 problems are still there. We cannot rely on one MAYBE 2 players for three's.

And last night Andre only took TWO shots the whole game.We can't win like that.
pennstate73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 08:30 PM   #4
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

I think they're over. JR looks to be a true answer at 2 guard, atleast offensively. Now he just needs to get better defensively and Karl will get onto him about it same as he did Melo. But the guy can definately shoot the 3. Kleiza has shown that he is a very good outside shooter, as has Diawara. I feel like right now if we were in the playoffs and a team decided to give melo the same coverage he has been getting, these guys would knock down those shots that Buck and DJ were missing. DJ even had a good game vs the Clips hitting 4 of 4 from 3. However, I don't invest too much into that as he is inconsisent, maybe he's made a turn in his development.

We won't be a great 3pt shooting team unless Melo goes out of character and starts to take a lot. But mainly because Andre is going to play 35 minutes and he has 0 range. Putting more pressure on our 2 guard than needed.

Last edited by Y2Gezee : 10-28-2006 at 08:53 PM.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: