Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 10-19-2009, 10:20 AM   #1
sixerfan82
College star

Default 09-10 season..

Ok, I am of course a sixerfan(the forum name gives it away), but after watching our team play like they did in game 6 against the magic, it's tough for me to consider even watching them, other than it's a chance to see other teams come to town.

So, anyone got a good reason to watch them? I'm really searching for one too. I can live with not winning, but giving no effort in the last game of your season is just too much.

Can lou williams run this team on the floor?

Is Iggy going to get more than 20 a game at the 2spot? Can he even create his own shot? or still just cut?

Is brand going to own up to his 70 million dollar contract and give us 20/10 EVERY night?

If it sounds like I'm being a hardass on these guys it's because I'm helping to pay their salaries and I'm not getting much out of it as a fan.

Go Phils? :)
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:10 AM   #2
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Default Re: 09-10 season..

Your username is sixerfan, not sixerfanonlywhentheyaregood. That should be enough of an answer.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:37 PM   #3
sixerfan82
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Your username is sixerfan, not sixerfanonlywhentheyaregood. That should be enough of an answer.

LOL point well taken, I guess they won't do much of anything this year minus being a win for other teams.
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:19 AM   #4
artificial
:-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan82
LOL point well taken, I guess they won't do much of anything this year minus being a win for other teams.
I strongly disagree with that, although in a way my expectation is worse than yours.

I do believe that they will have a win % around .400 ~ .500 which means they will produce wins... just not enough. Probably will carry on to be a mediocre team, the worst case scenario being out of the playoffs without a realistic chance for the lottery, and best case scenario a low playoff seed (likely 1st round exit).

I just want to see the core of this team strengthen and develop, especially the young guys.

GO SIXERS!!!
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:48 PM   #5
donsanchez306
High School Varsity 12th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
I strongly disagree with that, although in a way my expectation is worse than yours.

I do believe that they will have a win % around .400 ~ .500 which means they will produce wins... just not enough. Probably will carry on to be a mediocre team, the worst case scenario being out of the playoffs without a realistic chance for the lottery, and best case scenario a low playoff seed (likely 1st round exit).

I just want to see the core of this team strengthen and develop, especially the young guys.

GO SIXERS!!!
art, my boy i see a lottery selection in the future. after all my contemplating we got no point guard a shotty pf . we are gonna need a new center if anything.
donsanchez306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:20 AM   #6
Abraham Lincoln
Decent college freshman

Will be especially interesting to see EJ's Princeton offense with this team as well as Speights' development.
Abraham Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:06 AM   #7
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

It seems not to long ago Philly was a rising team. Now it seems they are back to mediocrity. Brand just doesnt impress me as I thought he would. Dalembert is worthless and probably will be the first expirer no team wants. I can not get a feel fror Iggy when he is shooting. His shot just seems like it will never go in as it leaves his hands. Just the way he sets up his shot seems off. You look at most shooters in the NBA then look at Iggy.

The teams defense is horrible. The 3pt shooting is again weak. I love Ivy's defense but i can only tolerate him in a games but for so long. Shall I scout college basketball prospects or keep faith? Its very early and as the season progresses this team can gel. But just lookin at the overall makeup of the team? I'm just not too thrilled.

Philly shouldve blown out NYK but Harrington and that euro kid torched us.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 03:57 PM   #8
NoGunzJustSkillz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
It seems not to long ago Philly was a rising team. Now it seems they are back to mediocrity. Brand just doesnt impress me as I thought he would. Dalembert is worthless and probably will be the first expirer no team wants. I can not get a feel fror Iggy when he is shooting. His shot just seems like it will never go in as it leaves his hands. Just the way he sets up his shot seems off. You look at most shooters in the NBA then look at Iggy.

The teams defense is horrible. The 3pt shooting is again weak. I love Ivy's defense but i can only tolerate him in a games but for so long. Shall I scout college basketball prospects or keep faith? Its very early and as the season progresses this team can gel. But just lookin at the overall makeup of the team? I'm just not too thrilled.

Philly shouldve blown out NYK but Harrington and that euro kid torched us.

sixers could have been a rising team if they didn't throw the bank at brand. now we're strapped for a few more years. they look good imo, but like every decent team they have a ceiling.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 06:26 PM   #9
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Sixers have to pull out a tough win vs the lowly Nets?

Why is Elton sitting on the bench late in the game?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: