Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-25-2006, 01:26 AM   #1
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Andrew Bynum: Our Starting Center

Quote:
Jackson confirmed that centers Kwame Brown (right shoulder) and Chris Mihm (offseason right ankle surgery) will miss at least the first two weeks of the season, making Andrew Bynum, who turns 18 Friday, the starter.

thats exactly what i wanted. Bynum era has begun
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 01:29 AM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Why do YOU always get what YOU want hotsizzle?

lol jk.

But Im glad hes getting the experience...Turiaf will come off the bench for some animal minutes.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 01:30 AM   #3
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

25 mins for bynum..15 for turiaf...then small ball for the rest with odom at C??? how does that sound
Old 10-25-2006, 01:33 AM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
25 mins for bynum..15 for turiaf...then small ball for the rest with odom at C??? how does that sound

depends what team we play and how well we are doing with whoever at the pos.

give 30 to bynum...see if he can get a double double.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:44 AM   #5
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Kobe4MVP has an OK reputation so far

I dunno if Bynum can play 30 minutes, I expect he'll be getting into a lot of foul trouble, especially in the first few games - teams will start going at him and I'm not sure that he's developed enough dexterity to avoid the accidental fouls yet, but maybe we'll get lucky and he'll have learned when to be aggressive on defense by watching Mihm get so many early fouls last year.
Kobe4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 01:54 AM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe4MVP
I dunno if Bynum can play 30 minutes, I expect he'll be getting into a lot of foul trouble, especially in the first few games - teams will start going at him and I'm not sure that he's developed enough dexterity to avoid the accidental fouls yet, but maybe we'll get lucky and he'll have learned when to be aggressive on defense by watching Mihm get so many early fouls last year.

What I expect him to do defensively is Box out, get boards, Block floaters.

thats all!

offense will come to him mark my words.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:36 AM   #7
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

I have no problem with Bynum starting at Center because he'll more than likely split the minutes at C with Turiaf no matter who starts, hopefully he can be consistent and play like he did against Phoenix, that's when we can unload Mihm.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 04:58 AM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Im pretty comfortable that Bynum will play against phoenix cuz hes playin great against them thus far in preseason.

Can't wait to see what he will bring in regular season.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:45 AM   #9
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe4MVP

You are absolutely right he we be getting into foul trouble early, but we will be expecting it and what the hell I say let him get fouled out. Its when him and Turiaf get into foul trouble at the same time that worries me. But for Bynum Hmmmm.. and Turiuf it will be a learning experience for them and they can review the game tapes and see what they are doing wrong and learn to avoid it in the future, and yes team will be attacking them head on. It's going to be great when every one come back we will be having Brown Milm Bynum Turiaf Cook and at times Odom to play the Center position.
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 06:53 AM   #10
hotsizzle
Superstar

Im finally glad we're gonna see bynum get major mins. I really wanna see how hes gonna play in the midst of competition. he seems shy and timid at time, i think that he will definetly shake that off during this stretch which could show us a whole new player. Opening night just got that much more interesting...
Old 10-25-2006, 09:44 AM   #11
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Actually, he is turning 19, not 18.

I wonder what this will do for his confidence as we start the season? I wonder how it might impact Kwame's confidence when he comes back???
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 01:02 PM   #12
Elebrond
I brick open layups

Elebrond has an OK reputation so far
Cool

I Hope he Play 20 or 25 Min. at the begins of the season. After he can play 30 Min. if he Can Playo verywell.

Maybe when K.Brown Return to the Team, our front court are Bynum (C) and K.Brown (SF) w/ L.Walton or VRad (Small F). I see Play L.Waltonin the Game vs Clippers and see ona starting Player or 6th Man. He can play a lot of Min. and Povided more Flexibility in the Court. Maybe 20 Min. to Help L.Odom and VRad.

With Bryant in the Court (SG) and Mo.Evans from the Bench we has one of the Most Atletic Team in the League.

One need more Help in the Point. Smush is Great and Sasha can Score. J.Farmar Give more Stability from the Bench at middle of the season.

My Preview Prediction is: Lakers win over 45 Games, Maybe to 55 Games. and Located 4 or 5 in the West at Finish of the season.
ELebronD
Elebrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 01:07 PM   #13
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
I have no problem with Bynum starting at Center because he'll more than likely split the minutes at C with Turiaf no matter who starts, hopefully he can be consistent and play like he did against Phoenix, that's when we can unload Mihm.

If Bynum becomes consistant and play around 30 minutes every game. we should unload Kwame Brown and not mihm. Mihm is cheap now and would be in future but we are paying brown 8 millions. in my opnion bynum and mihm would make a good centre combo with each of them having different positives
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 01:16 PM   #14
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
If Bynum becomes consistant and play around 30 minutes every game. we should unload Kwame Brown and not mihm. Mihm is cheap now and would be in future but we are paying brown 8 millions. in my opnion bynum and mihm would make a good centre combo with each of them having different positives

My opinion is that we should not get ahead of ourselves here. Kwame plays great D (better than Mihm on the bigs), and we can't just ignore that. And besides, his large salary makes him difficult to trade.

I think the starting job is still Kwame's when he gets back. I just hope Bynum's improvements only motivate Kwame to get better himself.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 01:30 PM   #15
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Kobe4MVP has an OK reputation so far

Kwame's salary is just about right really, I don't know why people think it's so big. Look around at what most other starting big guys are getting paid, Kwame is right about average if not a little on the low side.

Mihm will have no problems finding a contract for 7-9 million a year once his Laker contract expires (assuming he comes back from injury and able to play like he did last year), I still think our best move is to wait and see what kind of interest Mihm draws this summer, and sign-and trade him if it looks like Bynum will be ready for major minutes. That way we can bring in a quality player at one of our weak positions while being over the cap, otherwise we're stuck with only having our exceptions.
Kobe4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: