Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-25-2006, 02:28 PM   #16
schyza
High School Starter

schyza has decent reputationschyza has decent reputation

I just hope that starting brings a little confidence to the kid. When hes on his game he seems to be one hell of a ball player but when hes not he looks lost. I really feel that Andrew, Ronny and Jordan have the potential to become big time players that will help bring the Lakers back to glory. Im just going to keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Go Lakers Halloween will not get here quick enough.
schyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 02:36 PM   #17
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

we had such great pickups over the last 2 drafts and that could be the difference of us being a second round team or a lottery team.

I give mitch a B for drafting and a C+ for free agency.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 04:45 PM   #18
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

*LAKERS_3_PETE* has decent reputation

Though I dwell on the part of Kwame being out 2 weeks I'm anxious to see that Drew will finally get the opportunity to start @ center opposed to being in Phil's doghouse as a rookie. With Bynum starting it should help us in the area of blocking shots where we were only 20th in the league last year averaging 4.3 bpg coincidently the same numbers on us having to eat the leather in return. Oppositions will now have to think twice on penetrating to the hole having a young active shotblocker w/size staring them down .

Last edited by *LAKERS_3_PETE* : 10-25-2006 at 04:52 PM.
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 08:52 PM   #19
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

BIG MAN!!!!

GO GET HIM!!!!
Old 10-25-2006, 10:36 PM   #20
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Interesting... so an OT subject, but is www.clublakers dot com a good website for Lakers info?

I had never heard about this one.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 01:24 AM   #21
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

I never actually been there but i heard of it.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:51 AM   #22
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

*LAKERS_3_PETE* has decent reputation

With Bynum scoring 23 points in the final exihibition outing it will be interesting to see how well he'll perform under pressure w/expectations of him to deliver on opening night. So having butterflys in his tummy the stage is now set for what will be his most important game of his young career.
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 07:42 AM   #23
LakerzFan4Life
Decent playground baller

LakerzFan4Life has no real reputation yet.

He's not ready but still it's fun!
LakerzFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:14 AM   #24
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

This is very interesting. I didn't expect this to happen, but I understand it.

Bynum wanted this opportunity. Now, he has to prove he can play well at this early stage in his career. I'm not expecting much because he's only 19 and centers take more time to develop than other positions. If he does a good job, Chris Mihm is probably gone. He needs playing time and now, he's going to get it.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:27 AM   #25
ManUtd
Banned

ManUtd has an OK reputation so far

He's not ready yet, folks..
ManUtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:32 AM   #26
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManUtd

And he will never be ready until he gets the opportunity to prove himself and get the experience he needs. Also, the fact that we have a home heavy schedule in the beginning of the year will help him. He won't play in front hostile crowds that much, assuming Laker fans in attendance understands he is 19 and will make mistakes.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 05:04 PM   #27
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

First you go around saying Laker's are going all the way, they are the best team and no one can compare and now your criticizing them every chance you get!!! I really don't like you!!!!
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:10 PM   #28
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariodeathgrip
First you go around saying Laker's are going all the way, they are the best team and no one can compare and now your criticizing them every chance you get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really don't like you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I added more exclamation points for you

but everyone is titled to their own opinion. I just wish ManUtd would give more reasoning to his opinions thats all.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:01 AM   #29
ManUtd
Banned

ManUtd has an OK reputation so far

Love me or hate..it's one or another. Always has been

Seriously, Bynum is a talented player and he works hard but he's only 19 and I bet some of us here have played more organized bball than him.
He"ll have his ups and downs as every other young player out there.
One game he"ll do well, next game he"ll be a liability.
He simply isn't ready to start yet.

Let's just hope he has IT because one day he may be our starting center.
I already like him more than Mihm and Kwame but we need to be patient. Nothing's going to happen over night. Bynum still has visible holes in his games and that much is obvious. He's a project if I ever knew of one.

So, sit back, relax and be patient.

As for my posts in the general NBA forum, don't take those seriously. I was just playing with the haters.
ManUtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:03 PM   #30
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Love me or hate..it's one or another. Always has been

Seriously, Bynum is a talented player and he works hard but he's only 19 and I bet some of us here have played more organized bball than him.
He"ll have his ups and downs as every other young player out there.
One game he"ll do well, next game he"ll be a liability.
He simply isn't ready to start yet.

Let's just hope he has IT because one day he may be our starting center.
I already like him more than Mihm and Kwame but we need to be patient. Nothing's going to happen over night. Bynum still has visible holes in his games and that much is obvious. He's a project if I ever knew of one.

So, sit back, relax and be patient.

As for my posts in the general NBA forum, don't take those seriously. I was just playing with the haters.

First of all I think bynum is ready to start. He has shown great progress in the preseason and his post moves and his play have imprved very much. And I think if he was our starting center he would get better and better every game and he would also learn from his mistakes from the last game and fix them and be a better player. So yea bynum should be out starting center so he progresses faster and so that we have an all-star center on our hands quicker than we expected.

Last edited by Cool : 10-30-2006 at 12:05 PM.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: