Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-25-2006, 03:01 AM   #1
*Omni.Slasher*
Kids at the park dunk on me

Default Anyone regret the signing of Vladimir?

We haven't seen all that much off him so it might be a little too early to say. Im just curious with the improvement of Walton. I would have to say I am as of now kinda dissappointed with the signing of Vladimir since Walton has improved with his play and also we have a similar player in cook who got sent a contract extenstion by the Lakers. If you don't approve of this Vladimir then who would you have wanted the Lakers to use the MLE on?
*Omni.Slasher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:04 AM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Not so Much a regret because we know he will get better from his injury.

His Defense improved noticeably from when he played with the flippers and the sonics.

And he scores inside more now. Its still preseason...once he gets the rythymn of the offense he will be a powerhouse.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:05 AM   #3
hotsizzle
Superstar

no no no. vladrad has a sprained right pinky+wrist...his shooting is expected to be off but he has to fight thru it. the dude is a killer from downtown. straight up deadly. got a very nice stroke and when hes hot, along with kobe and odom doing their magic, we will be damn near unstoppable.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:09 AM   #4
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Luke and Vlad have entirely different games. I'm glad to see Luke has stepped his offense up a bit but he's nowhere near the shooter that Vlad is, and Vlad doesn't have the same court vision as Luke. Vlad was a good pickup because we needed shooters, and we got one of the best who also happens to be a young guy with still room for a little development. It seems that he's interested in improving so hopefully he can work and become a more all-around guy, but his stroke is so sweet I don't think it was a bad signing at all no matter if he becomes a good defender or not because our Team defense will be a lot better this year now that Cleamons is back.
Kobe4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:38 AM   #5
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

No regret at all once a shooter alway a shooter. Dont worry about Vladrad at all. Just let him recover from his injuries then lets have this conversation..

And it will be something like this " Damn he's good". Sorry can I use this word.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 05:11 AM   #6
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

Judging by how he played in the pre-season, the answer would have to be yes.
But obviously he's injured and we've all seen him play before so I don't regret this signing one bit, he will be there in the regular season. One think that I've been happy with is his defense, he's not a bad defender as people make him out to be, definitely plays decent to good team defense and he also hustles on both ends.

Come playoff time you guys will be all over him because that's where he will earn his dollars, it is exactly what we were lacking last year, a great outside shooter that can spread the floor and punish teams that double-team Kobe or Lamar. One thing to remember though, he's not going to shoot great in every game, he'll have those 2-10/3-13 games once in a while because he's a very streaky shooter, but when he's hot, he can hit that three with the best of them. No matter how good or bad he's shooting though, he will always keep his opponents honest, no one is going to let him shoot open 3s, Kobe's FG % should go up because of this I think because teams can't collapse on him everytime anymore.

Last edited by LakersDynasty : 10-25-2006 at 05:15 AM.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:07 AM   #7
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I still think V-Rad makes Cook expendable... so Cook BETTER have a good year or I will be b*tch slapping him all season here!
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 02:23 PM   #8
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I still think V-Rad makes Cook expendable... so Cook BETTER have a good year or I will be b*tch slapping him all season here!
U can never have 2 many shooters, especially bigs that can shoot....we're not exactly in a position 2B "expending" people that actually have talent, but if we can get an okafor or something, I'll let cookie go
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:42 PM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Well we seen Vladi get better defensively....can Cook do that?

we'll see
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: