Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-15-2006, 03:27 PM   #31
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm

Jerm has an OK reputation so far

I look up to a lot of white soccer players, what's your point you racist Americans?...Stop lumping all blacks into one mold, say "Black Americans" don't look upto white atheletes and you'll sound a lot more accurate.
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:27 PM   #32
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
People love underdogs. Black people are the "underdogs" because they are a minority in our society. So people relate to them more and want to see them do well in any sport. Who cares about another white guy being a success? I sure don't.

yeah thats why henry aaron recieved death threats when he was about to pass Babe Ruth...

you've gotta be kiddin me saying people relate to blacks and want to see them do well in any sport

they sure accepted Tiger woods when he won his first masters...Fuzzy zeller even offered to serve him chicken at the dinner.......
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:28 PM   #33
Jerm

Woods ins't black. He's asian/black, let's get that straight so our arguments can be more accurate. Damn!
Old 06-15-2006, 03:30 PM   #34
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Gee...

Probably because Tiger Woods is at the top of "Most popular athlete" list. He just knocked Jordan out of top spot.

Does anyone care about Sampras? Nope. Never did. Never will. I mean, he's great and all, but yawnnnnnnnnn....

Look at all the endorsements Tiger gets. We love the guy. I want a Tiger Woods doll to cuddle with. He's ADORABLE.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:31 PM   #35
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm
Woods ins't black. He's asian/black, let's get that straight so our arguments can be more accurate. Damn!

Yes, yes....I know...but he LOOKS black and we identify him more with black community...but same thing...
Old 06-15-2006, 03:34 PM   #36
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
yeah thats why henry aaron recieved death threats when he was about to pass Babe Ruth...

you've gotta be kiddin me saying people relate to blacks and want to see them do well in any sport

they sure accepted Tiger woods when he won his first masters...Fuzzy zeller even offered to serve him chicken at the dinner.......

First of all, Aaron broke the record in 1974??? (guessing). Times have changed. Get with the program....

Actually, it didn't matter was Fuzzy or the elitist white golf community thought, it only mattered what the PUBLIC thought. We love the guy. Nike gave him a gazillion dollars. Why do you think that was? Hmmmm? hmmm? Give it to me...because he was....wait for it...wait for it....a kick ass black/asian golfer.....that's GOOOD marketing...we love black athtletes....especially if they are considered underdogs in their sport...
Old 06-15-2006, 03:34 PM   #37
dgbigballer9329
Great young streetballer

dgbigballer9329 has an OK reputation so far

Sampras didn't not get love because he's white. He didn't because he was boring. Agassi always got recognition and had the fame because he was stylish, he had style, flavor, whatever you want to call it. Dirk doesn't get the national recognition because he hasn't quite earned it yet. He's gotten no rings, he plays in Dallas (not NYC, Chicago or LA) and isn't flashy either.

But your premise isn't completely unfounded.
dgbigballer9329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:34 PM   #38
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default ...

If Michael Jordan were white he wouldn't be considered the greatest player of all time by many. He just wouldn't be as athletic, simple as that. That takes away from his game.

Larry Bird is the greatest EVER, by far, when it comes to getting the most out of what you had/have.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:38 PM   #39
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbigballer9329
Sampras didn't not get love because he's white. He didn't because he was boring. Agassi always got recognition and had the fame because he was stylish, he had style, flavor, whatever you want to call it. Dirk doesn't get the national recognition because he hasn't quite earned it yet. He's gotten no rings, he plays in Dallas (not NYC, Chicago or LA) and isn't flashy either.

But your premise isn't completely unfounded.

Yes, being popular isn't as simple as black and white (no pun intended). But race helps. If Sampras had same boring persona, but just happen to be black, his popularity would be a lot higher in general.

Look at the Williams sisters? We LOVE them (or maybe loved them). They are great AND black in a white sport. And they are SISTERS. Oh, we adore them...who wouldn't?

Last edited by bagelred : 06-15-2006 at 03:42 PM.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:38 PM   #40
Jerm

Quote:
He just wouldn't be as athletic, simple as that. That takes away from his game.

Being black does not equal being atheletic. Stop being racist. Argue with facts and common sense.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:39 PM   #41
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
First of all, Aaron broke the record in 1974??? (guessing). Times have changed. Get with the program....

lilttle over 30 years ago?.... things havent changed that much since 74...

Quote:
Actually, it didn't matter was Fuzzy or the elitist white golf community thought, it only mattered what the PUBLIC thought. We love the guy. Nike gave him a gazillion dollars. Why do you think that was?

NIKE gave Tiger a gazillion dollars because he is obviously the best golfer on the planet....not because he is black or asian..

If he got it because 'america loves blacks' then where is my gazillion dollars? I want my share too.

Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:42 PM   #42
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
You can't really get any bigger than Jordan is/was so I'd have to say I can't see a difference.
Agreed. How much more popularity could he have possibly attained?
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:44 PM   #43
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default ...

***** you, Hugo. I'm not being racist. I am not caling anyone a niggger, making fun of certain people, etc. I advise you to keep your fingers off the keyboard for awhile. Take a time-out, kinder garden style.

It's fact that the average black person has more fast-twitch fibers then the regular white guy. They are superior to whites in terms of athletic ability because they had to endur a lot more physical stuff back in the day. While white people sat on their ass and whipped, blacks were doing hard labour. Is that being racist? I guess schools across the world are guilty of being racist because it's what they teach.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:47 PM   #44
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
lilttle over 30 years ago?.... things havent changed that much since 74...

NIKE gave Tiger a gazillion dollars because he is obviously the best golfer on the planet....not because he is black or asian..

If he got it because 'america loves blacks' then where is my gazillion dollars? I want my share too.

OMG

If you don't think anything has changed in 30 years, well you are just not paying attention.

Black people have been popular since the '80s. Wake up!!! Cosby Show, Oprah, Hip Hop, Rap, Jordan of course....you are comparing the 1970's to the 2000's and don't think there is a difference in our culture. I would suggest not going into Marketing as a profession....

Also, Tiger got a gazillion dollars because he's the best golfer in the world AND AND AND happens to be black (and asian). If Tiger were white, no one would care about him at all. Would you? would you even know who he was? He would be lumped in with the Duvalls, and the Dalys and the other rich white pristine golfers we care nothing about....we all know that to be true....
Old 06-15-2006, 03:47 PM   #45
Jerm

Quote:
**** you, Hugo. I'm not being racist. I am not caling anyone a niggger, making fun of certain people, etc. I advise you to keep your fingers off the keyboard for awhile. Take a time-out, kinder garden style.

It's fact that the average black person has more fast-twitch fibers then the regular white guy. They are superior to whites in terms of athletic ability because they had to endur a lot more physical stuff back in the day. While white people sat on their ass and whipped, blacks were doing hard labour. Is that being racist? I guess schools across the world are guilty of being racist because it's what they teach.

No school teaches that. Now I wonder what school you go to. Is it also a fact that white people are more intelligent than blacks?...There's even much stronger evidence/reasons to beleive that. It's not in the genetics, it doesn't matter if you're black/white.If it's in the genetics, why isn't every black person more atheletic than every white person?....Why are the best high jumpers in the world not black?...Even more outstanding is this, why aren't mixed people in the middle spectrum when it comes to atheleticism?...Yeah, keep bullsh!tting high school dropout.

You're racist for claiming that one group is superior to another in a certain aspect due to their race. Go back to school, look up the definition of being racist.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: