Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-15-2006, 04:19 PM   #61
StarJordan
Irrational Jordan superfan

StarJordan is considered somewhat coolStarJordan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
If Michael Jordan were white he wouldn't be considered the greatest player of all time by many. He just wouldn't be as athletic, simple as that. That takes away from his game.

Maybe, but Michael Jordan was not the 200m olympic sprint champion either. He was the best because of the combination of muscle speed and practice and the natural creative genius that very few acquire anywhere in any circumstance.

Quote:
Larry Bird is the greatest EVER, by far, when it comes to getting the most out of what you had/have.

Actually, Mugsy Bogues is the greatest ever at getting most of what he had. The guy was 5'3! Just because you're white doesn't mean you don't have skills and because you're black doesn't mean you're lacking in will or hard work. Larry Bird at 6'9 had a great physical advantage over 99% of shorter, slower people who were just as motivated as him. And Michael Jordan and Darvin Ham probably have the same vertical leap. While one became Jordan, and the other became Darvin Ham. So its what you get done at the end that matters.

Last edited by StarJordan : 06-15-2006 at 04:22 PM.
StarJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 04:20 PM   #62
dgbigballer9329
Great young streetballer

dgbigballer9329 has an OK reputation so far

What is debatable is the fact that you said him being white would make him much more popular, almost God-like.........when if you look at history, him being white would realistically make him LESS popular.
dgbigballer9329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 04:20 PM   #63
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
sheed...

bill cosby WAS the first black man, in fact, black actor on tv. he did i spy in the 60's with robert culp. i don't remember how long it lasted, but was considered a break through thing thing at the time and the show was received well.

and you talk about isolated incidents when you talk of these racial things.

oprah and cosby show that there's been progress in that there can be popular, and rather powerful, influencial black people not just in american, but global society since people all around the world have heard of both of them.

now we as a global culture let alone america culture still have a long way to go to get past looking at a person's skin color (as this thread proves) but strides are made. they just aren't made fast enough for ANYONE to accept.

he didnt predate black actors in the 50's and 40's.....As a matter of fact I think Sidney Portier was the first real black star.......(Movies...you could be right about television)

Quote:
and you talk about isolated incidents when you talk of these racial things.

They are seperate incidents, but not isolated as it shows how wide spread racism is even in today's world.......I could actually talk about alot more incidents but I just go with a few familiar ones to get the point across...there's more stuff to mention if would like me to tho.

Quote:
now we as a global culture let alone america culture still have a long way to go to get past looking at a person's skin color (as this thread proves) but strides are made. they just aren't made fast enough for ANYONE to accept.

agreed
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 04:27 PM   #64
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

let's get back on track. Americans love black people. We love them in our pop culture. We love to emulate black people. Everything they do is cool, hip, happening, rad, funky, fresh, dope, illin, and mad something. White people want to be black. That's why every trend starts in the inner city black community and then works its way out to the rest of the whiteys. Doesn't every suburban lame white upper middle class dork want to black? They copy everything black people do...

White people are lame. We all know that.

Thus, we want to be the black athlete and adore them. Not the white guy.

Last edited by bagelred : 06-15-2006 at 04:31 PM.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 04:32 PM   #65
StarJordan

Quote:
What is debatable is the fact that you said him being white would make him much more popular, almost God-like.........when if you look at history, him being white would realistically make him LESS popular.

You're in denial. 70% of America is white. You don't think it would matter to those red state South Carolina voters if Michael Jordan were Irish or of English descent?
Old 06-15-2006, 04:33 PM   #66
dgbigballer9329
Great young streetballer

Stop being annoying, bagelred. If you'd formulate your argument more coherently, you might have a pretty good point......but because you're writing in nonsequitors, it's really making you look like you're just an angry white person.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:34 PM   #67
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
he can't live without these talks.

he needs to let every white person alive know how much they have wronged black people or we'll never learn from our mistakes....although being eastern european i'm not sure my grandfather ever saw a black person until he moved here in the 50's.....we should be apologizing to the jews in fact....heck, the stupid elitist soviets should be aplogizing to me! we were treated like slaves too...but wait, i'm not black so i don't get to cry about i

Funny thing is, I never start these topics...I just finish them...

If you dont like it...you could always ignore
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 04:35 PM   #68
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbigballer9329
Stop being annoying, bagelred. If you'd formulate your argument more coherently, you might have a pretty good point......but because you're writing in nonsequitors, it's really making you look like you're just an angry white person.

I'm exaggering for effect. A little hyperbole never hurt anyone.

I'm not an angry white person. I think what I'm saying is actually pretty accurate. I think as a society we like black people.

Last edited by bagelred : 06-15-2006 at 04:39 PM.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:35 PM   #69
The Roxy
Decent playground baller

The Roxy has an OK reputation so far

It dosen't matter if your black or white. It's just a superstition that blacks are better then whites, that's seems to be slowly changing over the years now that poeple are actually proving it.
The Roxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 04:35 PM   #70
dgbigballer9329
Great young streetballer

Quote:
You're in denial. 70% of America is white. You don't think it would matter to those red state South Carolina voters if Michael Jordan were Irish or of English descent?

Jordan is already fairly universally lauded as the greatest athlete of all time, not to mention I believe he's one of the 5 most famous people in the world. Like i said, he might possibly gain some more recognition amongst certain sectors of white people.......but generally white people already love/loved him. He'd lose WAAAAAAAAAAAY more black fans (especially within basketball ranks), and quite possibly lose alot of fans globally.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:39 PM   #71
jan803
High school junior varsity star

jan803 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
he didnt predate black actors in the 50's and 40's.....As a matter of fact I think Sidney Portier was the first real black star.......(Movies...you could be right about television)

sidney portier is a prime example of someone crossing a color line.

Quote:
Sidney Poitier
Actor
A major movie star in the 1960s, Sidney Poitier was the first African-American to win the Academy Award as best actor. Poitier grew up in the Bahamas, then came to the U.S. to start his acting career. He made his movie debut in 1950, but it was his co-starring role in 1958's The Defiant Ones (handcuffed to Tony Curtis) that made him a star. In 1963 he won the best actor Oscar for Lilies of the Field. Throughout the decade Poitier was a box office star, appearing in films such as To Sir With Love (1967), Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (1967, with Katharine Hepburn) and In the Heat of the Night (1967). In the 1970s and '80s Poitier directed a few movies, including Let's Do It Again (1975, with Bill Cosby) and Stir Crazy (1980, with Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor). After a decade away from the big screen, he returned to acting in the late 1980s, appearing in Sneakers (1992, with Robert Redford) and The Jackal (1997, with Bruce Willis and Richard Gere). In 2002 Poitier was given a special Academy Award honoring his career.

as for cosby, i am positive about him being the first black on tv.

http://ispy65.tripod.com/home.htm

Quote:
They are seperate incidents, but not isolated as it shows how wide spread racism is even in today's world.......I could actually talk about alot more incidents but I just go with a few familiar ones to get the point across...there's more stuff to mention if would like me to tho.

no, you don't need to as i understand what your point is.

i'm trying to show you the 'half full glass' view of life instead of the 'half empty' if you take the time to see what i was trying to convey to you, that's all.

Quote:

which is why i requoted to underscore that things have improved from henry aaron's day. if we stay back at those times, then we as a society can't move on, right? don't forget those things happened to aaron as they are part of history.

but there's positives w/the world and the ugly parts to look at too. just don't focus so hard on the ugly.
jan803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 04:39 PM   #72
StarJordan

Quote:
let's get back on track. Americans love black people.

We love them so much we enslave them and segregate them and call them refugees when hurricanes hit.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:43 PM   #73
bagelred
Weird

You are stuck in the past. It's 2006. We LOVE black people. Look at pop culture. Mostly black people and black culture. We LOVE it.. fashizzle starjordanizzle

Last edited by bagelred : 06-15-2006 at 04:47 PM.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:47 PM   #74
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default .

starjordan, it's funny how people here complain when others generalize blacks as being athletic and having bad attitudes and yet you still decide to generalize all white people as slave owners that look at blacks....as refugees?

Quote:
White people want to be black

sooo wrong. some white people immerse themselves in black culuture, but if you honestly belive many whites want to literally be black....
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 04:49 PM   #75
StarJordan

Quote:
He'd lose WAAAAAAAAAAAY more black fans (especially within basketball ranks), and quite possibly lose alot of fans globally

Its true that a lot of blacks would start hating on MJ if he were white because he would then be the white dude kicking all the brothers' asses:-)

But blacks make up only 12% of the American population.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: