Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-15-2006, 04:49 PM   #76
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos

sooo wrong. some white people immerse themselves in black culuture, but if you honestly belive many whites want to literally be black....

Yes, my bad...i don't actually mean they want their skin to turn black. I mean, we emulate everything about black people and black culture, and want to copy it to be that way. I misspoke. Good catch. I give you props, hippo-izzle.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 04:51 PM   #77
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

*shrugs and backs away*
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 04:51 PM   #78
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
*shrugs and backs away*

LOL....I feel ya
Old 06-15-2006, 04:54 PM   #79
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

*b!tch slaps you*
Old 06-15-2006, 04:55 PM   #80
KWALI
erudite

KWALI has an OK reputation so far
Default Y'all are wrong

By now he wouldn't be more or less popular but initally he would have been less critisized. He was called greedy and they said he'd never win a champioship...When the BUlls started winning rings..Then people who were not on Jordan's jock switched sides......Add to that initially he was BLACK he did things in a counter culture sort of way...Fur coats big chains...playin houdini.....but as he matured he stopped doing those things....he became less black...interms of how he was viewed. He never was opinionated and never took a proactive position in the black community. White people haven't considered MJ black since 1992.

MJ's a case where race stopped p[laying a factor by the time he was becoming a MEGA star...partially becuz black athletes are loved without considereing their race....and the other part becuz he never threw his race in you face like a Jabbar, Russell, or Ali...and Ali still got away with it.

If Jabbar was white......MJ wouldn't be called the best basketball player in the world. Becuz the boom that happened in NBA in the 80's would have started earlier and he would be it.
KWALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 04:59 PM   #81
bagelred
Weird

Quote:
*b!tch slaps you*

Don't diss me like that.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:00 PM   #82
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

*puts you down for the ten count*
Old 06-15-2006, 05:02 PM   #83
bagelred
Weird

Quote:
*puts you down for the ten count*

You aight, hippo......
Old 06-15-2006, 05:02 PM   #84
StarJordan
Irrational Jordan superfan

StarJordan is considered somewhat coolStarJordan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
starjordan, it's funny how people here complain when others generalize blacks as being athletic and having bad attitudes and yet you still decide to generalize all white people as slave owners that look at blacks....as refugees

I was making a facetious but still semi-serious point in response to the guy saying white people love blacks. I don't want to overdramatize it but that's bullsh#t. Most white people don't love black people. In private, most white people look down on black people. Watching a show of Oprah or Bill Cosby doesn't change that. Some of it is due to behavior of blacks as thugs, and some of it is due to a certain percentage of white population (especially down south) just being flat out racist even now. But anyone who denies the role race plays in American culture and society to this day, is in denial generally. Michael Jordan is no exception to this divide; although he was probably as close as any athlete's come in bridging that divide.
StarJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 05:02 PM   #85
dgbigballer9329
Great young streetballer

dgbigballer9329 has an OK reputation so far

But kwali, MJ was already a humongous superstar before 1992. In fact, he was a humongous superstar before he even won his first ring. People were mentioning him amongst the greatest individual players ever by 89-90.......I was there. His shoes alone were already being worn all over the world. Read "The Jordan Rules", his popularity was already monumental, the guy had Janet Jackson on speed dial.

I understand your point about if Jabbar were white he'd be more famous.......I disagree though. Because Bird was never really more popular than Magic, and if race were the deciding factor in America, since there's so many more white people, why wouldn't he be?
dgbigballer9329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 05:03 PM   #86
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

*realizes you won't shut up so pulls out the swiss army knife*

....*and uses it*...
Old 06-15-2006, 05:03 PM   #87
jan803
High school junior varsity star

jan803 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWALI
By now he wouldn't be more or less popular but initally he would have been less critisized. He was called greedy and they said he'd never win a champioship...When the BUlls started winning rings..Then people who were not on Jordan's jock switched sides......Add to that initially he was BLACK he did things in a counter culture sort of way...Fur coats big chains...playin houdini.....but as he matured he stopped doing those things....he became less black...interms of how he was viewed. He never was opinionated and never took a proactive position in the black community. White people haven't considered MJ black since 1992.

MJ's a case where race stopped p[laying a factor by the time he was becoming a MEGA star...partially becuz black athletes are loved without considereing their race....and the other part becuz he never threw his race in you face like a Jabbar, Russell, or Ali...and Ali still got away with it.

If Jabbar was white......MJ wouldn't be called the best basketball player in the world. Becuz the boom that happened in NBA in the 80's would have started earlier and he would be it.

this is an interesting take...

except there was this guy...mohammud ali...one of the ALL TIME, most popular atheletes of all time.

now i'm taking into consideration the heat he got for his views of the draft, going to jail and losing his title; all the bs he went through.

but despite his controversy...he had TONS...he is now one of the most well known PEOPLE in the world. that' one guy who'd never be considered 'an uncle tom', that's for sure.
jan803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 05:04 PM   #88
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

all i know starjordan is that i was rooting for a bunch of southern black kids (lsu) to beat jj, mcroberts and paulus....might as well add sheldon cause he's pretty white.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:10 PM   #89
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default ...

Quote:
Maybe, but Michael Jordan was not the 200m olympic sprint champion either. He was the best because of the combination of muscle speed and practice and the natural creative genius that very few acquire anywhere in any circumstance.

He was the best because nobody could ***** with his fade away jumper. Nobody could stop him from elevating over top and poping a mid-range jumper. He had what I consider the top hang-time in the game ever. Yeah, he was smart, put that with his athletic ability which was great and Micahel Jordan the Legend is what you have. If he was white he wouldn't have that some fluid movement, that same hang-time as he once did. It's fact people, whether you like it or not.

Quote:
And Michael Jordan and Darvin Ham probably have the same vertical leap. While one became Jordan, and the other became Darvin Ham. So its what you get done at the end that matters.

Never would I denie that. However, that was no my point. My point was that Michales' athletic ability paired with his skills and what have you made the greatest basketball player ever. Take away some of his athletic ability he becomes much more human-like, if you will.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 05:17 PM   #90
StarJordan
Irrational Jordan superfan

StarJordan is considered somewhat coolStarJordan is considered somewhat cool

I wanna point out that many Black fans are also prejudiced, maybe even more so. Initially it was understandable because after centuries of oppression, cheering for the black athlete in sports was a way to feel proud. But now it gets ridiculous at times . You hear some of these black guys opposing Steve Nash for MVP and promoting losers like Marbury as if they're on the same level. Who in their right mind as basketball fans would want to watch marbury basketball, or fail to spot the difference in quality or impact betwen a Nash or a marbury/iverson.
StarJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: