Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-25-2006, 08:15 AM   #1
vella@lakers.com
Banned

vella@lakers.com has an OK reputation so far
Default Best Lakers Player ever

Hey guys, who do you think is the best Lakers player ever??
vella@lakers.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 08:18 AM   #2
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

Magic, no doubt. Kobe is up there talent wise but hasn't accomplished nearly as much.
There's a lot of Great Lakers though, Shaq, Kareem, Wilt, Baylor, West, Kobe, Magic, no other franchise has had so many legends.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 08:24 AM   #3
vella@lakers.com
Banned

vella@lakers.com has an OK reputation so far

I dont get it, why was keareem so good, ive heard of him and seen him. he didnt look so special to me. but i bet ill be proven wrong tho lol.
vella@lakers.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 08:28 AM   #4
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

5 MVPs, 5 championships, all time leading scorer in the NBA, 7'2 and dominant on both ends, most unstoppable move in the history of the NBA, the hook shot.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:29 AM   #5
ManUtd
Banned

ManUtd has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by vella@lakers.com
I dont get it, why was keareem so good, ive heard of him and seen him. he didnt look so special to me. but i bet ill be proven wrong tho lol.

You kidding? Kareem IMO is arguably the gretest player ever. He has the richest career of all players to ever play the game.
He domianted in HS like no else, his college career is very memorable as well. On top of all that he dominated the NBA, won rings and scored most points in the history of the game.
And you say he isn't special? Uh oh.
Kareem and MJ are the best players of all time IMO. Magic third.
ManUtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 08:35 AM   #6
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

I love Magic when I think of him in his rookie year! I remember!!
"Have no fear Magic here" Karrem hurt, Magic plays center and he win the game for us. Then his passes amazing! Magic vrs Bird clasic legends to remember! But if you ask a lot of the old folk they say Baylor or Wilt, West was great too. Kareem kicks ass he trained with Bruce Lee and I just wish I could had done that!. I can't say anything good about Shaq!!!! I guess I'm kinda Anti-Shaq when it comes to him!
I believe when Kobes career is over people are going to say Kobe was even most of the haters.
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:53 AM   #7
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wow, not such a simple question...

1. Kareem
2. Magic
3. Baylor
4. Mikan
5. Kobe
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:55 AM   #8
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

Kareem is the greatest Laker of all time and IMO 2nd greatest player of all time.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 04:08 PM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
Kareem is the greatest Laker of all time and IMO 2nd greatest player of all time.

I cant believe Im saying this but I actually agree with him
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 12:44 AM   #10
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by vella@lakers.com

you've "heard of him"? are you kidding me?
arguably the greatest player in the history of the game. Others have already given his stats...they are unmatched!
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 12:46 AM   #11
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi

oh geeeeeezzz. now I have to agree with Mavsfan...that's it, I'm done.
next thing you know I will be having a beer with Mavsfan agreeing that his Mavs will win their first Championship this year.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:48 AM   #12
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
you've "heard of him"? are you kidding me?
arguably the greatest player in the history of the game. Others have already given his stats...they are unmatched!

Bleedinpurple brings up a good point...

I realize that many of us here are of different age groups and because of that, we have different bases of experience.

I would suggest if you can, that everyone (for fun) do research on the history of the Lakers. There are some great players of the past, not only for the Lakers but also in the League.

For instance, notice that I put George Mikan on my list (yes, i did a list.. i hate picking just one.. haha)... anyway, I obviously never saw him play in person, but I have seen film of him and read about how he dominated the game back in his day... on par with almost any modern player you can match.

So, it is food for thought to all of us, young and old... learn more about this game and its history, past AND present. Its a lot of fun!!!
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 12:55 AM   #13
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

George Mikan is the first real "Superstar" of the NBA.

Congrats on your 1000th post SoCalMike.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:56 AM   #14
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

In light of SoCalMike's post, I did a little research and I officially change my vote to:
Elmore Smith, Junior Bridgeman, Brian Winters and Dave Meyers

(because they were the ones traded to the Bucks for Kareem)
Old 10-26-2006, 01:21 AM   #15
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here
Default SoCalMike

Congrats on your 1000th posted...Dude, thanks for putting out good material and well throughtout points.

Go SoCalMike its your day.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: