Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 10-21-2009, 06:05 AM   #1
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default "Sean Williams", i.e. how to pound my head into the wall.

when i read stuff like this i want to pound my head into the wall until some nice red and white gooey stuff flows out. how many others are heavily frustrated with this guy?

so yes, williams is the most "enthusiastic, vocal, and cheerful" guy in the gym and yet he essentially STILL hasn't learned how to dribble and shoot.

WTF.
what... the... eff.

excuse me for ranting here, but i'm completely flabbergasted how you don't turn those positive qualities into basic and essential basketball skills after 2+ years. especially given what a structured, positive environment he's in. especially given the amount of free time he has and reasons to be motivated.

steve nash is also a pretty cheerful, friendly guy by nature, but he took lots of that energy and turned it into time spent in the gym honing his skills. so what in god's name is keeping sean williams from doing the same? himself, obviously. but with so many helpers and positive influences around him, and the fact that he knows all this and says all the right things, you'd THINK that would be enough.

right? ...right?

and on a side note, people still believe stuff like this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnc123
I have been a big advocate of more playing time for him. Yi is a bust (bad defense, poor rebounding, inconsistant shooting) and yet he starts and gets encouraged.. Remove Frank and watch Williams blossom.. It's that simple. Frank has not developed him at all... The new ownership will hopefully take a new direction this year. Sean Williams isn't polished..but his raw skills are way too good to ignore.
holy crap, it's all frank's fault. yes indeedy.

so i want to make up some kind of glorious, shiny award to present to people who have this spectacular level of tunnel-vision. i mean, surely there's a critical and high-paying job somewhere that they can put their tremendous talent to use on, like waving their hand over great piles of ore and sensing the presence of hidden uranium. i don't know. something.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:11 AM   #2
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: "Sean Williams", i.e. how to pound my head into the wall.

I like Sean Williams...but the way i see it, is this is the year he has to prove himself. there is no more excuses. We all know what he can do, but the question is can he do it consistently? If he cant prove himself this year, then in my opinion...he's gone!
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:28 PM   #3
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

I had high hopes for him to improve off his rookie season, and possibly get alot of burn at backup C, but it just didn't happen.

This guys is building a reputation of a headcase, lazy, trouble prone scrub. I really hope he turns it around. He's exactly the mold of player the Nets need. Someone who can come in and play strong defense and shot block, while providing hustle, and finishing strong around the basket... but he just doesn't do it consistently, and has poor work ethic/attitude.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:06 PM   #4
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

As a fan of the nets I like every player. I tried to like Williams. I really did, but apparently he hasnt tired to get better. He is a good shot blocker, everything else is just horrible besides his dunks(Basically Kidd making him look good).

No offense and help side D wont get him anywhere
Nets fan 93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 02:33 PM   #5
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

The thing about Sean is it seems like he doesn't know where to start in terms of being a better player. He knows he has to learn how to dribble, he knows he has to learn to foul less, and he knows he has to be more patient in the offense and defense...But I'm not sure anyone has sat him down been like "for this season just focus on these things (e.g. rebounding and fouling less) and it'll be a successful season for you." Cause honestly, I can live with him only getting points off put backs and open dunks but getting 8 boards a night and 3 fouls a night. Even if means he blocks less shots, that's ok. Things won't all come to him overnight but he can slowly work his way there.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 04:10 PM   #6
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

the nets have assistant coaches to give sean personal time and expert advice. they have other people who will spend endless time helping him drill, ie collecting his misses, moving and simulating a called play, putting the ball up for him to rebound... whatever he wants to work on. and from all i've studied, everyone has been as understanding and as patient with sean as possible for 2+ years. i've never heard any one talking unrealistic expectations or sounding like they were putting a bunch of pressure on him.

now you have things like the starting PG speaking excessively diplomatically about sean. IMO that's a real bad sign at this stage in his career. we're hearing the kinds of things veteran players say about rookie players, except sean is now in his 3rd training camp. again... real bad sign.

when you know that you strongly need to work on your dribbling, shooting and passing and you have assistant coaches willing to work with you and you have a facility available to you 24/7, i ask you this: how much easier does it need to get?

i think guys like sean clearly need sports psychologists more than anything else at this point, but as screwed up as the situation is, most of them are probably still to proud to accept one if offered.

but is there a chance that the nets have not offered any of these needed services to him? consider that they have a number one pick invested in him, a roster spot, a decent salary during a deep financial crunch, and a strong need at his position. and let's not forget that thorn is an extremely canny and experienced guy.

is there even a one percent chance that the nets have not tried everything reasonable at this point?
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: