Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 10-21-2009, 03:44 PM   #1
Chuck Thou NBA
That's Turr'ble

Default What is your reputation as a baller at the gym? or league?

Im not talking about a pickup game when you are fooling around with mediocre players, but when the tough gets going, in a competitive game when 10 people got next, what's your rep?
What do you do best?
Chuck Thou NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:50 PM   #2
Euroball5
I brick open layups

Default Re: What is your reputation as a baller at the gym? or league?

On a good game, i'll be able to easily pass the defense and score an easy bucket or pass to an open teammate.

On a bad one I'll lose the ball every single time and then get frustrated and tell one of my teammates to lead the offense.

And I'm a really good defender when concentrated.
Euroball5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:41 PM   #3
LevisJeans
Underdog

I barely talk when I play, unless I call "back door" or something. People usually don't know my name or who I am until the game is over. I don't care for being flashy, so I rarely hear any "Ooo's" unless I block someone or hit a long 3. I left my last league because a kid got angry at me because I challenged his game. He was a foot shorter than I and wanted to fight me, but I didn't want to get in trouble nor did I want to waste any time on him, so I quit the league. I don't care if it was a "pussy" move. He told everyone in the gym that he scared me off. In that league, unless you drop 40+ a game or make every play highlight reel worthy, you won't be respected too much.
LevisJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:44 PM   #4
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Thou NBA
Im not talking about a pickup game when you are fooling around with mediocre players, but when the tough gets going, in a competitive game when 10 people got next, what's your rep?
What do you do best?

Well, today I didnt even get picked. My game is soooo inconsistent right now. Last week, I embarrassed the other team scoring most of my teams points. Today, I kept either airballing or swishing my shots. Not once did it hit rim. Not even one time.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:46 PM   #5
Lancerballer21
Serious playground baller

My physics teacher likes playing with me cause i make good cuts and i am constantly moving. Im definetly not the best out there but i know some people who hate defending me cause they are lazy bums and they cant keep up. And its not that im blazing fast, i just go forever.
Lancerballer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:50 PM   #6
Chuck Thou NBA
That's Turr'ble

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
Well, today I didnt even get picked. My game is soooo inconsistent right now. Last week, I embarrassed the other team scoring most of my teams points. Today, I kept either airballing or swishing my shots. Not once did it hit rim. Not even one time.

You need to be good at one thing, you have to excell at it.
If you aren't scoring, try to defend well, rebound, get loose balls, be a Bruce Bowen type of player, whatever it takes to win the game. Don't be afraid to put your foot under a player if his jumpshot so that he brakes his ankles and the team has to forfeit.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:07 PM   #7
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

I just know that i good court vision, and good passing ability the other things aren't very good.
I'm a regular PG, today in Under 20 Portuguese League i scored 18 pts, get 6 steals and 6 assists (one behind the back to the C) .
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:49 PM   #8
Junny
I air my balls

I can do a little bit of everything. I can score a bit, rebound a bit, dribble a bit, etc.
Junny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:57 PM   #9
Chuck Thou NBA
That's Turr'ble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junny
I can do a little bit of everything. I can score a bit, rebound a bit, dribble a bit, etc.

Are you a little bit too? Just like your avatar?
Haha just kiddin broseph that's good as long as you have fun playing ball is what matters. Id love to run with you on my team. Im running the point though.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:57 AM   #10
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

I think I have the reputation of being a Garbage Man. I kinda don't like it. I mean, I take pride in being able to hold my own in the paint despite being a tad undersized, but my own teammates don't really trust me enough to let me post-up or take a few jumpshots, which I can do sufficiently.

Hopefully my last game will show my teammates that they can trust me. I was able to get 8 points, 9 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 blocks, and a steal.

Last edited by NotYetGreat : 10-23-2009 at 09:20 AM.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:24 AM   #11
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

back home im something of an enigma.. wasnt any good in HS, but turned out to be the best baller out of my entire HS team a few years later..

i live about 6 hrs away from home now tho.. visit every now and then.. around here im pretty quiet on the court and just try to do my thing.. think Tim Duncan at PG.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:51 AM   #12
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Getting down the court with the basketball in a hurry and attacking the basket with a vengeance.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:24 AM   #13
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

People dont know really what to make of me... sometimes I make amazing plays and then the next trip down the court ill blow a bunny. The only thing that compensates is the fact that I lockdown my man on defense and dont try to do anything outside of my abilities (which are pretty extensive as it is). When people need one more for their team though they always ask me...

So I guess thats my rep. Im the guy you want on your team. Period.
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:49 AM   #14
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Thou NBA
What do you do best?

'Playground Legend' @ the Drexel Gym (DAC).

Famous for raining 10-16 footers off the dribble, off a screen, off a skip pass, and tip-blocking shots/getting long rebounds for the break and finish. Usually once a night I will pin someones layup to the glass too. I'd say I get pinned myself once every other week because I go hard to the rim and people I play with at the gym are generally taller than me.
This years freshman class is full of athletic, mid-high IQ black ballers and other freakishly athletic asian ballers so it's a good year. Ever since my freshman year the # of good ballers went down and down.
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:52 PM   #15
The_Night_Elf
My Game's Nucking Futs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automajic23
'Playground Legend' @ the Drexel Gym (DAC).

Famous for raining 10-16 footers off the dribble, off a screen, off a skip pass, and tip-blocking shots/getting long rebounds for the break and finish. Usually once a night I will pin someones layup to the glass too. I'd say I get pinned myself once every other week because I go hard to the rim and people I play with at the gym are generally taller than me.
This years freshman class is full of athletic, mid-high IQ black ballers and other freakishly athletic asian ballers so it's a good year. Ever since my freshman year the # of good ballers went down and down.

Maybe you just got better and better...
The_Night_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: