Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 10-23-2009, 04:17 PM   #16
Chuck Thou NBA
That's Turr'ble

Default Re: What is your reputation as a baller at the gym? or league?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
Think Tim Duncan at PG.

Dizzle that's like saying think Steve Nash at center. How am I supposed to do that?
Brain fart here...
Chuck Thou NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:25 PM   #17
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Offensive and Defensive rebounder. Great at setting picks for P&R or P&P. Great passing from the post... and can score off the high or low post if needed.

I model my game after Duncan... and on a good day some people call me Duncan Jr. (because they know I model my game after Duncan).
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:31 PM   #18
Chuck Thou NBA
That's Turr'ble

Now that I've seen some of your rep here's mine.

People call me Tony Parker, mainly because I look a lot like him, but coincidentally that's my favorite player. I am usually one of the fastest but I am more like a Jason Kidd type of player, I never look to score. I always get my teammates involved and ill create a nice behind the back pass to an open player after driving in to the lane and making the defender jump.

My jumpshot is horrible! Ugly form but it is getting better, I just don't feel comfortable shooting it.

I love defense! I probably try harder on Defense than on offense.

I used to have Steve Blake like handles, I stopped balling for a while so now its probably Shaq like handles.

Ill be back to my regular form though, im going to start working out first, get in top shape and get stronger, back to being quick and fast, and then work on ball handling drills until im ready to ball.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:16 AM   #19
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Thou NBA
I used to have Steve Blake like handles, I stopped balling for a while so now its probably Shaq like handles.

Shaq now or Shaq of yore?
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:45 PM   #20
Spec5ial5k5
I hit open layups

i have a bad rep on my team of being a bad ballhandler which i love because its no longer true before when ppl would steal the ball from me all day now i just crossover and take it straight the hoop. what im best at is defense, driving and runnin the floor and i have good jumper but its noting special

Last edited by Spec5ial5k5 : 10-24-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Spec5ial5k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:52 AM   #21
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Night_Elf
Maybe you just got better and better...

maybe, it all started with hustle mans attitude and an awkward baby hook shot in 2003
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:33 PM   #22
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

solid defender. i'll keep a hand in your face all the way throughout your follow through - kinda battier-esque. i have quick hands and feet to stay in front of smaller quicker players and bother dribbles. i don't back down off bigger players even when i'm considerably undersized and i can sometimes get around the bigger slower guys i'm defending to pick off passes that get thrown to them.

last game i played i switched onto every player (3 on 3) on their team at one point and was able to force at least one turnover off of all 3 of them just by playing really upfront and energetic defense.

on offense, i can usually get to the rim and finish, but i can't shoot worth a lick. i usually look to feed teammates and rarely look for my shot unless i've got some way of getting to the basket.

along with being a bad shooter, i'm a terrible rebounder.

so if you need some persistent d out on the perimeter, some decent, but always willing feeds, and the occasional slash to the hoop, i'm your man. i focus on what i can do well and use that to be a kind of glue guy PG.
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:03 PM   #23
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Streaky shooter, good post player, not so good defender, team player.

When my shot is on, it's on. I am one of those people who has to have a lot of attempts otherwise it's completely random if I get going or not. Problem is, I just don't have enough game to warrant that many shots. My handles are only decent... I can bring the ball up the floor and take it to the basket if there isn't too much traffic but not good enough to create that well. I am not a very good defender... If the guy is quick he can probably get by me often (which is why I think I might as well just get on people and try to be pesky). I am also a good rebounder, but at 5'11 if there are taller people out there then not so much (can't really call over the back in pickup games lol)

I think most people would probably categorize me as a shooter though. I am training right now to get my "ups" up tho so I can be a good finisher on breaks and hopefully make some "WOW" type of plays that energize me and my team
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:43 AM   #24
Chuck Thou NBA
That's Turr'ble

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayTownRy
solid defender. i'll keep a hand in your face all the way throughout your follow through - kinda battier-esque. i have quick hands and feet to stay in front of smaller quicker players and bother dribbles. i don't back down off bigger players even when i'm considerably undersized and i can sometimes get around the bigger slower guys i'm defending to pick off passes that get thrown to them.

last game i played i switched onto every player (3 on 3) on their team at one point and was able to force at least one turnover off of all 3 of them just by playing really upfront and energetic defense.

on offense, i can usually get to the rim and finish, but i can't shoot worth a lick. i usually look to feed teammates and rarely look for my shot unless i've got some way of getting to the basket.

along with being a bad shooter, i'm a terrible rebounder.

so if you need some persistent d out on the perimeter, some decent, but always willing feeds, and the occasional slash to the hoop, i'm your man. i focus on what i can do well and use that to be a kind of glue guy PG.

I like players like you. You do all the little things to win games. Your a good defender so if somebody has the hot hand your capable of slowing them down and that's good.

BUT... id recommend you work on your jumpshot. Maybe 15 feet in, because once folks realized you can't shoot what are they going to do? Force you to shoot. They are going to give you 3 feet of space every time.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:22 AM   #25
Chuck Thou NBA
That's Turr'ble

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
Shaq now or Shaq of yore?

Bad example. Lets say I got handles like Brad Miller.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:40 AM   #26
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

Quote:
I like players like you. You do all the little things to win games. Your a good defender so if somebody has the hot hand your capable of slowing them down and that's good.

BUT... id recommend you work on your jumpshot. Maybe 15 feet in, because once folks realized you can't shoot what are they going to do? Force you to shoot. They are going to give you 3 feet of space every time.

very good point. at 5'11" having a decent jumpshot is a must.

i probably spend the most practice time working on my jumpshot and i'll knock a few down in games, but i need to establish that i'm somewhat of a threat from 15 ft early on to make things easier for myself throughout the game. luckily i've been playing with different people almost every time so my limited repertoire of moves i use to get to the basket have sufficed.

SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:45 PM   #27
anthonyRandolph
Crescent City

6'7'' point forward that likes to shoot 3's. Very streaky but once I get hot I just shoot over any one who's guarding me.
anthonyRandolph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:26 PM   #28
ILballa
Hemp Coach

-shooter
-move w/o the ball
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:40 AM   #29
DECK
I airball my layups

Quote:
Im not talking about a pickup game when you are fooling around with mediocre players, but when the tough gets going, in a competitive game when 10 people got next, what's your rep?
What do you do best?
Shoot down a clutch shot
DECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 03:51 AM   #30
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILballa
-shooter
-move w/o the ball

So like Rip?
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: