Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 09-30-2009, 04:55 PM   #1
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far
Default Balkman to get more minutes behind Melo

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_13448885

Should be interesting to see him play more perimeter, I think his jumper will be much better this season
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:54 PM   #2
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people
Default Re: Balkman to get more minutes behind Melo

I just really hope he covers more perimiter players instead of playing backup pf as is most likely- I think he might be the best gaurd defender on the team-

Offensively he will have to hang around the basket a lot and be surrounded by shooters whenever possible but I think he should cover 1-3 and pick up a lot of junk and mismatches with the other teams 3rd perimiter defender

At pf I think his effort and skill on defense gets countered by such a lack of size where on the perimiter he has lockdown skills to go w the hustle
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:41 AM   #3
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Balkman\Birdman off the bench will be quite the duo of hustle. Agree with El Gringo about defensively, Balkman is better suited guarding 2\3's than 4's.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:49 PM   #4
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool

Well he got zero last night. Let's see how much he gets tonight. I'm thinking none again cuz that's just how Karl works.

Last edited by KRAYZIE : 10-23-2009 at 05:51 PM.
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:04 PM   #5
GeneWilderSTL
Can barely lace up my sneakers

GeneWilderSTL has an OK reputation so far

Laker fans here -- who are you guys going to sign off waivers?

I think if the Knicks waive him, you guys should pick up Larry Hughes.

With Billups and Karl running the show I think they can get something out of him -- and for free. He wouldn't have to handle the ball and you can run him off screens. The guy can still play.

You can keep JR Smiths offense on the bench and I don't think Hughes would be any worse than Dahntay Jones the hack artist and dirty player he is.
GeneWilderSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:32 PM   #6
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneWilderSTL
Laker fans here -- who are you guys going to sign off waivers?

I think if the Knicks waive him, you guys should pick up Larry Hughes.

With Billups and Karl running the show I think they can get something out of him -- and for free. He wouldn't have to handle the ball and you can run him off screens. The guy can still play.

You can keep JR Smiths offense on the bench and I don't think Hughes would be any worse than Dahntay Jones the hack artist and dirty player he is.

hughes taking over anthony carters minutes and responsibilities would make the team a lot better

but no, the nuggets are too cheap to pick up any more players it seems

Can tell you don't watch the nugs- there's not a whole lot of coming off screens for jumpshots- he would have to handle the ball to be effective for this team

Hughes would actually be a good fit for himself and the nugs- karl and the gms are just too stupid to recognize that the team still needs more- I'm not saying hughes is the perfect fit but if he were available for cheap it would be worth it for trying to win
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:41 AM   #7
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
hughes taking over anthony carters minutes and responsibilities would make the team a lot better

but no, the nuggets are too cheap to pick up any more players it seems

Can tell you don't watch the nugs- there's not a whole lot of coming off screens for jumpshots- he would have to handle the ball to be effective for this team

Hughes would actually be a good fit for himself and the nugs- karl and the gms are just too stupid to recognize that the team still needs more- I'm not saying hughes is the perfect fit but if he were available for cheap it would be worth it for trying to win

Hughes would be a stupid pickup I think. Already got Billups\J.R\Lawson and Carter is going to get some minutes regardless. Plus Hughes played awful in preseason.

If we were going to go after anyone .. I seriously would hope Larry Hughes would be the answer.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: