Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 10-23-2009, 01:30 PM   #1
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Mel Daniels fired

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...S/91023009&s=a

Quote:
Mel Daniels, whose ABA number is retired by the Indiana Pacers, was fired as the teamís director of player personnel.

Daniels, one of the ABA's all-time greatest players, had been part of the Pacers basketball staff since 1986.

Daniels declined comment when reached by phone this morning.
Heís one of four players - Roger Brown, Reggie Miller, and George McGinnis - to have his jersey (No. 34) retired by the Pacers.

WTF? 20 plus years and quickly given the axe? Not "retiring" or "moving in a different direction," fired. I wouldn't think his salary is much of a hit on the bottom line so that can't be it. Maybe just a different viewpoint on the direction of the team or philosophy of the front office. A promotion for Big Smooth?

Other than firing one of 4 guys whose number we've retired, the worst part is there's now no one from the ABA involved with the NBA in any official capacity.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:13 PM   #2
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Mel Daniels fired

Wtf?

I don't understand the reasoning behind it, if there is one.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:56 PM   #3
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

New info from Kravitz.

I'm still digesting that article, but it sounds UGLY.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:34 PM   #4
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

mateo31 has an OK reputation so far

This is the last thing the Pacers need. According to Bob Kravitz and his article this sounds very messy, and we probably have not heard the last of it either. The Pacers have had problems with the players getting into trouble and not getting along in years past, and I hope it's not turning into something where the front office is getting into trouble and not getting along now. I love the Pacers no matter what, but I hope this does not turn into a distraction.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:04 PM   #5
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

maybe the guy was a jerk or he was porking someone's wife. who knows? just because the guy was a great player back in the day doesn't make him a great person personally.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: