Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-30-2009, 04:37 PM   #31
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Fantasy Basketball News, Notes, and Tidbits *Statman32 style*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Rate my team please:

PG: Devin Harris
G: Eric Gordon
SG: Brandon Roy
SF: Richard Jeffeson
PF: David Lee
F: Anthony Randolph
C: Joakim Noah
C: Kendrick Perkins
Util: Derrick Rose
Util: Channing Frye

Bench:

Delonte West
Marreese Speights
Anthony Parker
A team with potential because of guys like EG/Randolph/Noah but in 14 team league looks very average/below average. Could really use some threes help along with more rebounds/steals/blocks. Great at fg%/turnovers and above average at ft% and ast. First thing you need to do is drop Delonte West who has no value with his problems plus the addition of Anthony Parker. Let me know what free agents are on the wire.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:39 PM   #32
poorlilrich
woop woop

watch these dudes today ...big bounce back comin

samuel dalembert

tyson chandler

al thornton

poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:39 PM   #33
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
ESPN's Chris Broussard is reporting that Anthony Randolph will be back in the starting lineup at power forward when the Warriors face the Suns in Phoenix on Friday, replacing Ronny Turiaf.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/10178/10178

Great news for Randolph owners. His 1 game benching was due to his past injury rather than his ability. Look for a huge game 2nite against the Suns.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:42 PM   #34
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Hakim Warrick will come off the bench for the Bucks in their opener on Friday night.

With Kurt Thomas, starting Warricks sleeper status goes down the drain. Still keep a eye on it as Warrick could potentially have potential as the Bucks need all the offensive help they can get.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:43 PM   #35
vapid
Paranoid Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid

Finally, if Al Jeff goes down Flynn becomes the #1 offensive option pretty much. Or at least #1a. He is still going to get a ton of touches and a lot of time with the ball.
Al jeff didn't go down but Flynn posted a nice line of: 18/4/2/2 steals 8/10 ft%
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:55 PM   #36
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

Keep a eye on the Bucks game to see how much Jennings is used. Has the potential to be a automatic pick-up if he starts and plays more than 30 min. Although you should be prepared for a fg%/to hit.

Knicks @ Bobcats -

Danilo Gallinari has a great first game with 7 threes and D'Antoni has been raving about him all year. If he gets minutes this game, look to grab him unless he was already scooped. (Which is likely)

Also keep a eye on Tyson Chandler as he looked brutal last game and could be a huge fantasy bust if he keeps it up.

Wizards @ Hawks -

Mike Miller missed time last game due to foul trouble but he played pretty good in limited minutes. Could be back to his old self soon minus a few points.

Also keep a eye on Haywoods minutes as he played a team high 38 min last game and with Mcgee playing less than 1 min, could be even more of a sleeper than he already is.

Expect Andray Blatche to have another good game and if he is currently on the WW, PICK HIM UP.

Jamal Crawford somehow picked up 4 fouls in 10 minutes last game and Jeff Teague was actually the first guard off the bench. Just something to look at.

Heat @ Pacers -

Beasley had a great start and his value will continue to rise if he plays good again.

JO is another guy who had a great first game but the injury risk is too much for me to buy him at the price it will take.

Brandon Rush struggled in his 1st game and another bad game could lead to some drops and if so, would be a great buy low candidate.

Kings @ Hornets -

Hawes once again came off the bench which severely limits his value but I dont see this lasting long especially if he has a good game.

Keep a eye out on Tyreke Evans, Julian Wright and Peja. Wright and Peja are both on a lot of WW right now but if 1 of them starts to play a lot more than the other, they need to be picked up.

Andres Noconi is another guy to watch as he had a uneventful 1st game but should be a great fantasy contributer with Garcia out.

16 team or higher leagues should watch Omar Cassapi as he had a good first game and could play a lot on a bad team.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:25 PM   #37
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

I grabbed Danilo about 3 hours ago. I had to take the risk.

If he stays healthy, Dantoni is going to give him significant minutes... and the kid took 13 3's in the opening game of the season!
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:27 PM   #38
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I grabbed Danilo about 3 hours ago. I had to take the risk.

If he stays healthy, Dantoni is going to give him significant minutes... and the kid took 13 3's in the opening game of the season!
Good pick-up. Who did you drop?
Old 10-30-2009, 05:46 PM   #39
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Good pick-up. Who did you drop?

I dropped Courtney Lee.

It's only a 10 man league... and there is lots of value out there right now. In a way, I'm actually relieved that I finally dropped one of my draft picks... because if Gallinari doesn't work out... I feel like I have a spot on my rotation to play with.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:40 PM   #40
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I dropped Courtney Lee.

It's only a 10 man league... and there is lots of value out there right now. In a way, I'm actually relieved that I finally dropped one of my draft picks... because if Gallinari doesn't work out... I feel like I have a spot on my rotation to play with.
I wouldnt have dropped Lee for Gallinari. Lee has immense potential this year to be a very versatile fantasy player.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:40 AM   #41
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
I wouldnt have dropped Lee for Gallinari. Lee has immense potential this year to be a very versatile fantasy player.

That's why I drafted him in the late rounds... but he hasn't started well. Harris just dominates the ball too much... and Lopez is the clear 2nd option now (with even Yi being ahead of Lee).

Also, Terrance Williams has been getting lots of play at SG... and has looked better than Lee.

I actually had Lopez (i traded Rose for Lopez after the draft!), Lee, and Yi... so I was going to drop Yi or Lee... and I actually think Yi will have a better season than Lee.

Gallinari plays behind Jared Jeffries with Chandler playing SG this year. Tonight Gallinari hit 3 3's, 5 boards, steal, block, and an assist in just over 20 minutes. It's only a matter of time before Gallinari starts over Jeffries in my opinion.

ps- Jennings had a monster night tonight. If someone hasn't already grabbed him, I would. He already got picked up in my league half way through the game.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:41 AM   #42
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

What do you suggest I do with T-Mac Stat?
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:45 AM   #43
beasly15
TEXANS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
What do you suggest I do with T-Mac Stat?

dont know much about fantasy but tmac will re-injure. sad stuff. it's happened to us the last 2-3 years.

dont tell me he got a platinum back.
beasly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:54 AM   #44
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasly15
dont know much about fantasy but tmac will re-injure. sad stuff. it's happened to us the last 2-3 years.

dont tell me he got a platinum back.

is there any news at all about when he should return?
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 01:02 AM   #45
beasly15
TEXANS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
is there any news at all about when he should return?

man, we are here waiting for brooks to make every 3 and ariza to lead us. it's pretty tough. they have heart but it's pretty hard watching them play knowing the 2 top dawgs will come later. deep faith. deep,deep,deep.

to tell you the truth, i have not heard anything on mcgrady and you know the local channels always update. does mcgrady have it in him?? we've believed so much in the past that it's kinda backfired now.
beasly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: