Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-02-2009, 07:50 PM   #76
NYCPG
Decent playground baller

Default Re: Fantasy Basketball News, Notes, and Tidbits *Statman32 style*

Damnnnn I shoulda taken Hughes instead of Alston
NYCPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:12 PM   #77
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32

List of potential streamers:

Larry Hughes, Eddie House, Ty Lawson, CDR, Alston

Hughes: New Starting SG on Knicks. 20/6/2/2 threes/1 steal/1 to/8-13fg/4-4ft in a team high 40 min.

CDR: 20/6/1/2 steals/1 block/2 threes/4 to/7-17fg/4-5ft in 39 min

Alston: 2/5/2/1 block/1 steal/3 to/1-8fg% in team high 45 min.

Hughes and CDR were beasts. Meanwhile Alston really struggled but as you can tell by the minutes, he is in a great spot to shine with Harris gone.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:16 PM   #78
poorlilrich
woop woop

tyson chandler 8pts 8reb 2st 2blks

i dig i dig
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:10 AM   #79
NYCPG
Decent playground baller

Man I'm getting fed up with Felton as well. The guy played good against NY but has sucked in every other game since. Do you guys see him improving or should I drop him for CDR or Hughes?
Old 11-03-2009, 03:23 PM   #80
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCPG
Man I'm getting fed up with Felton as well. The guy played good against NY but has sucked in every other game since. Do you guys see him improving or should I drop him for CDR or Hughes?
I think it is too early. Why dont you drop Foye or Alston for Hughes?

If I were you I would package Felton with another player. His o rank still means something to teams and that way you can open up a spot for a guy like CDR, Delfino, Warrick.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:24 PM   #81
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

Leandro Barbosa is doubtful for tonights game.

Quote:
OW'S LB?: Suns guard Leandro Barbosa doubts that he will play tonight.

Barbosa's ongoing soreness in his right wrist has worsened recently. The injury originally occurred in early September, when Barbosa was hit while in the air on a driving layup and braced his fall with his hands. He was able to play through training camp and preseason but was still bothered by the soreness, especially on his frequent falls.

After a foul on that wrist in the Golden State game, Barbosa had a MRI performed on the wrist. There is a cyst inside it but he was told it is too tiny for surgery. He was fouled again on the wrist in Sunday's Minnesota game.

"Then, it got worse," Barbosa said after today's shootaround, as head athletic trainer Aaron Nelson wrapped the wrist. "The hit was enough to hurt like this.

"We'll see how I feel later. But in a game, I don't think I'll be able to do much."

Barbosa tried passing and catching this morning but it "shocked" his hand. When he took shots, they fell short of the rim. He does not like pain one bit.

"I can barely open my hand," he said. "It's tough. I want to be able to do something when I'm on the court, especially with the right hand."
Old 11-03-2009, 03:27 PM   #82
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

Tyrus Thomas is likely out of 2nites game with the flu and Mickeal Pietrus IS out for tonights game with the flu. Regardless of the availability of Tyrus Thomas, Tai Gibson will get the start so if anyone has a full roster 2nite and needs to decide who goes on the bench, bench Tyrus.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:39 PM   #83
NYCPG
Decent playground baller

Does anyone know if VInce is playin today? If not, Redick would be a decent buy for the next couple days (Det and PHX). If he isn't, Barnes or Anderson would be ok as well
Old 11-04-2009, 05:40 AM   #84
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
If you are streaming and have limited moves, look for players on the Knicks, Celtics, Nuggets, Grizzles, Nets, Jazz as they all have 4 games before Sunday.

List of potential streamers:

Larry Hughes, Eddie House, Ty Lawson, CDR, Alston

Eddie House: 12 points/1 assists/0 turnovers/4-5 fg/4 threes

Did a great job nailing threes which is what you can expect from him. Not much else though.

Ty Lawson: 4 points/3 rebounds/1 assist/2 turnovers/1 steal/1-3 fg/2-2 ft

Disappointing performance. Might have been wrong about him.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:42 AM   #85
lilojmayo
TP23

Will Derrick Rose turn it around, or should I be shopping for deals with him?
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:07 PM   #86
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilojmayo
Will Derrick Rose turn it around, or should I be shopping for deals with him?
Depends on the numbers you were expecting from him. If you are expecting numbers like last year with a slight improvement then yes he will turn it around and put up those. But if you expected a huge improvement you might be disappointed. If you did shop him, it better be for around where you drafted him because you dont want to lose value for him when his value is the lowest. The only guys I recommend selling at this time are guys that have real injury concerns. You dont sell low on young potential guys this early in the year.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:12 AM   #87
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

Recent injuries:

Mike Miller: Out 7-10 games with a minor injury. Should be back to his old self when he gets back but keep a eye out on Randy Foye in the meantime. If he plays well while the Wizards win, then Foye could take over that starting SG spot if Miller struggles in his return.

Troy Murphy: Not sure when he will return but with the Pacers not having a game until next Wednesday(After Friday) I dont recommend picking up anyone. (Not even Dantey Jones)

Kevin Martin: Might be out 6-8 weeks depending on what recovery route he takes and Beno Udrih, Omar Cassapi are the two free agents that deserve a look in his place. Jason Thompson, Spencer Hawes, Tyreke Evans should see a temporary increase in production because someone needs to make up for Kev Martins points so if this injury cause Kevin Martin to miss 2 months, then look at trading for one of them in the meantime. Andres Nocoini is another guy who should be looked at even though he got a DUI after getting his starting job back on Wednesday.

Devin Harris: Now expected to miss 2 weeks to a month, Rafer Alston is a must have pickup even with his recent struggles woes.

Players across the league are coming down with flu-like symptoms so make sure to check rotoworld.com before the games in case you need to sub out a player. Cant really recommend picking up anyone in replace of the sick players because you really dont know who will play until gametime or the day of.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:30 PM   #88
NYCPG
Decent playground baller

Lets keep this thread updated guys. I think Azeubuike and Morrow would be good buys for the week since they play 3 more games and one is against the Knicks. Udrih and Casspi would also be a pretty decent pick ups with Martin out and Mason waived
Old 11-17-2009, 07:55 PM   #89
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

Since Jeff moves this to the fantasy forum it hasnt gotten any activity but I wanted to bump it to tell everyone to pick up Vladimir Radmanovic ASAP
Old 11-17-2009, 08:02 PM   #90
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Since Jeff moves this to the fantasy forum it hasnt gotten any activity but I wanted to bump it to tell everyone to pick up Vladimir Radmanovic ASAP
Unless Anthony Morrow is still out there and if thats the case, get him ASAP.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: