Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-14-2006, 12:05 PM   #1
Danny
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Danny has an OK reputation so far
Default Who is your pick in this years draft ?

Who do you think Bryan Colengelo is going to draft ?

It doesnt have to be the first pick.. You can predict any trade downs and pick the guy who you think be the Next Raptor..

I personally think the Raptors are going to draft Marcus Williams. I expect a pick swap with either portland or Atlanta. I do not know why i have this gut feeling that toronto is going to draft him. Although I do not like him very much, i would want toronto to pick Bargnani or Roy after the pick swap with portland or Atlanta.

We shall come back n review this thread after draft night

Last edited by Danny : 06-14-2006 at 12:17 PM.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 03:02 PM   #2
Danny

Danny has an OK reputation so far

sounds like ppl are scared if their prediction wont come true..
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 03:06 PM   #3
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I still think Bargnani will be the pick for the Raptors whether it's at #1 or through a trade down to 3 or 4.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 04:51 PM   #4
J Miles 23
I hit open layups

J Miles 23 has an OK reputation so far

^ yup
J Miles 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 05:15 PM   #5
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

unfortunatley i have to agree

my prefernece for this draft would be

1. marcus willaims
2. rudy gay
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 06:55 PM   #6
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

The first set of picks would be players that I would like us to pick:

#1 Overall: LaMarcus Aldridge, PF/CT, Texas

Possible Candidates: Rudy Gay, Andrea Bargnani

Those three are the only three players that I would be pleased with if we selected at a very high number, as in the top 3, not necessarily in the top slot, because there are rumours of a trade down to #3, but if we do, I wouldn't want anyone besides Aldridge, Bargnani or Gay.

The following are players that I believe the Raptors will pick:

#1 Pick For Team: Marcus Williams, PG, UCONN

Possible Candidates: Brandon Roy, Andrea Bargnani

I honestly believe that Colangelo knows this team will only go as far as the point guard can take them. The trade rumours all center around superb point guards, from Brevin Knight to Luke Ridnour, so if he can't get it done in the trade, then he will look to trade down for another asset, and then using the pick will choose whom he feels is the best point guard in the draft, Marcus Williams.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:00 PM   #7
Zalendar
Decent playground baller

Zalendar has an OK reputation so far

I don't really have a preferance on who they draft. I'd rather them not trade out of the first round completely though! Just because I like the Raps having a first round pick when I watch the draft.

I've heard a lot of good things about a lot of different players. Plus the fact that we have no clue what Colangelo is planning on doing with the team as in trades and free agent signings. Makes it hard to decide which player I'd like to see drafted.
Zalendar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:26 PM   #8
power works
High School JV MVP

power works has an OK reputation so far
Lightbulb

It may not be THE popular choice, and I may look like an idiot come December, but I say the Raptors should draft Bargnani.

His game may not be what the Raptors need now, but I agree with BC when he says we’re not good enough to draft by need at this point. We can always address rebounding help via free agency.

The perception seems to be that he’s more of a risk than your typical US collegian, and the spectre of Skita looms large in NBA nation. But, in BC we trust.

I think most of his critics rip him now not because he can’t play, it’s cause they haven’t seen him play.

Yes, I’ve only seen highlights, and the Dirk comparison is right on, but I can see why this guy’s potential could be such a tease.

Besides the shooting, his first step really surprised me. He's pretty quick for a big guy.

If he bombs….then we’ll be back in the lottery next year, and there’s always a chance to get Oden.
power works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:49 PM   #9
stoopidraptor
Kids at the park dunk on me

stoopidraptor has an OK reputation so far
Cool My Pick is..

TYRUS THOMAS>>> for some reason...this guy looks and sounds hungry to play in the NBA...
stoopidraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:59 PM   #10
Tips4
High School Varsity 6th Man

Tips4 has an OK reputation so far

Bobby Jones !! Please BC get Bobby Jones from Washington.
Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 01:29 AM   #11
23jordan23
Great young streetballer

23jordan23 has an OK reputation so far

sumthins telling me Collangello already made up his mind to draft the italian stallion ..1.)hes been on his nuts since day 1 2.)His euro connections 3.) Collangelo is itaian himself..and claims he wants to make the raptors a little international kinda like what he did with Suns...But my personal pick would b Tyrus! (ATHLETICISM!)
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 01:54 AM   #12
the truth
...since 95

the truth has an OK reputation so far

The players I think make the most sense to draft are:

In no particular order

1st round:
LaMarcus Aldridge - 3rd piece of the triple towers, potential star
Rudy Gay - highlight reel, lock-down defender, star potential
Brandon Roy - does it all
Marcus Williams – pure point, no good free agent pgs
Shelden Williams - solid defender & rebounder, great fit w/ CB4 and CV31
Sear Sene (mid to late) - freak of nature, potential greatest shot-blocker of all-time, if he learns the game
Bargnani - I guess, not sold on him playing along side Bosh and CV

If BC could work a deal to position us to take any two of the above guys, I'd be ecstatic.

2nd round:
Sear Sene (if he slips, which he wont) - see above
Denham Brown - not because he's Canadian, he can play
James White - depth on the wing, highlight reel
Guillermo Diaz - exciting player (but would ideally be matched up with a tall pg to allow him to play his game, maybe Brandon Roy?)
Taj Gray great athlete, solid rebounder
Dee Brown - still need a pg
Kyle Lowry (if he slips) - still need a pg
Will Blaylock - still need a pg
Darius Washington - still need a pg
the truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 02:21 AM   #13
mattyp4

mattyp4 has an OK reputation so far

I think If they keep #1 you have to go Aldridge. they might go center by comittee with bosh and charlie but that is a front line nobody can match up with. If they trade down to 3/4/5 I would say Roy or Gay whichever is available. Roy eases the pressure on the point and is a do everything guy that compliments bosh and charlie. Gay has superstar potential and could be a Tmac like player. I also think that if Houston drafts williams he'll be part of a sign and trade for james once free agency hits.
mattyp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:32 AM   #14
power works
High School JV MVP

power works has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs up Bargnani!

http://www.truehoop.com/

Quote:
Chad Ford, along with several GMs, meets and watches Andrea Bargnani. The conclusion? He's no Tskitishvili. He's much better. Ford quotes an NBA executive, after watching Bargnani earn 16 points, on 7-13 shooting, to go with five rebounds, three blocks, and several defensive mistakes in 25 minutes: "If you know anything about basketball overseas," one executive said, "then you know the type of pressure and competition that kid played against tonight. The players are better than college and the intensity is greater than just about anything you'll ever come up against. Do you know how crazy you all [in the media] would be going if an NBA rookie put up a performance like that in the Finals? He's going to be just fine."
power works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:31 PM   #15
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Skita played well overseas too. I'm so negative towards Bargnani it's not even funny. But I could very well be completely wrong. I just think he's the most risky player to take because you just don't know whats gonna happen when he comes to North America.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: