Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 11-21-2009, 05:58 PM   #16
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Luigi has decent reputationLuigi has decent reputation
Default Re: Wesley Matthews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
we? Who else even posts here?
Which again is who? You? Who are all these others you claim to be around getting irritated by my posts other than you?
The thread has 342 views. If even one other person has read this sorry conversation, they deserve an apology.

Quote:
As should have been expected based on their horrible off-season. Are they really playing much worse than at the end of last season though? Were you paying any attention at all last year? They got healthy and if not for Amare's injury they would have been in the lottery.
You clearly weren't if you think we are playing on the same level as last year. Nobody is going to agree with that.

Quote:
Because that was my opinion. Simple enough for ya?

I'm not asking for simple. I'm asking for you to explain your opinion.

I answered your question "How do you explain them playing the same way last year when there was plenty of motivation than?"
Motivation seems like a very reasonable explanation. I defended my opinion, but you refuse to defend yours. I fully expect to see another Jerry Sloan tangent to try to explain a difference by denying a constant. Please surprise me.
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 06:56 PM   #17
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
If even one other person has read this sorry conversation, they deserve an apology.

From you maybe for continuing to speak for others.

Quote:
You clearly weren't if you think we are playing on the same level as last year. Nobody is going to agree with that.

They won 48 games last year and barely made the playoffs and are over .500 now including 2 wins over a team that has dominated them for a decade or more and in 7th. They finished horribly last year once Boozer was back in the line-up. Don't see this big difference you're geting all worked up over.

Quote:
Motivation seems like a very reasonable explanation. I defended my opinion, but you refuse to defend yours.

I do? I've said all along if you watch other teams load up while making minor moves despite having major holes in your rotation and counting on scrubs you're going to have problems and of course continuing to go on with the same coach that has never gotten the job done(happy?) this should be expected. Not to mention they are choosing to play short-handed despite having an open roster spot. No excuse for that. Just typical Jazz bull.

I'd say Boozer/Brewer/Fesenko/Matthews(the latter two who shouldn't even be playing) have plenty of motivation. Their coach("what could I do by calling a time-out" LOL!!!) hasn't looked motivated for a long time that much is certain.

Last edited by Xiao Yao You : 11-23-2009 at 07:05 PM.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 04:46 PM   #18
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Luigi has decent reputationLuigi has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
Don't see this big difference you're geting all worked up over.
This is insane. There is clearly a difference in the level of play. Things appear to be turning around right now, but the start was terrible compared to last year's basketball.

Quote:
I do? I've said all along if you watch other teams load up while making minor moves despite having major holes in your rotation and counting on scrubs you're going to have problems and of course continuing to go on with the same coach that has never gotten the job done(happy?) this should be expected. Not to mention they are choosing to play short-handed despite having an open roster spot. No excuse for that. Just typical Jazz bull.

This doesn't constitute an argument to explain the slow start. In fact, all it does is support one of the premises of the problem: the team is essentially identical to last year (rotation, coach).

Quote:
I'd say Boozer/Brewer/Fesenko/Matthews(the latter two who shouldn't even be playing) have plenty of motivation. Their coach("what could I do by calling a time-out" LOL!!!) hasn't looked motivated for a long time that much is certain.

I already said Matthews looked like he had motivation, and perhaps the team in general lacked motivation. Boozer has looked motivated when people are watching, but his defensive effort against bad teams indicates a lack of motivation. Brewer is a constant, and a roleplayer. Fesenko barely plays.

The lack of motivation hypothesis can explain why we can beat good teams and win our nationally televised games, but fail to take care of lesser teams. The same roster, same coach hypothesis cannot hope to explain the slow start. It is insanity to expect constants to explain change!
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:32 AM   #19
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
the start was terrible compared to last year's basketball.

They finished the year horribly.

Quote:
the team is essentially identical to last year (rotation, coach).

It's the Jazz. What else would you expect?

Quote:
Boozer has looked motivated when people are watching, but his defensive effort against bad teams indicates a lack of motivation. Brewer is a constant, and a roleplayer. Fesenko barely plays.

When has Boozer ever been motivated to play D? Fesenko shouldn't play at all. I can see why Sloan might prefer a vet over a young guy but Fesenko over Koufos? Senility has definitely hit the old boy.

Quote:
The same roster, same coach hypothesis cannot hope to explain the slow start.

Sure it can
Old 12-03-2009, 05:26 PM   #20
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
Brewer is a constant, and a roleplayer.

Constant in a very inconsistent Okur type of way sure. He's playing 37 minutes a night and only putting up 12 pts while shooting 58% at the line. You need a lot more from a guy getting those kind of minutes especially when Okur doesn't give ya much in his big minutes either.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: