Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-13-2006, 07:16 PM   #1
23jordan23
Great young streetballer

23jordan23 has an OK reputation so far
Default Why do u think Raps r Hesitant about james

I dont get it i mean the guys a great player hes not selfish ..can play defense..good shooter inside and out..can slash to the basket...he pretty much was the reason our season didnt turn out as shitty as the pevious ones..him n bosh n villy showed us we have a future with couple more assests..His price tag might b a lil high but if u have a player that plays his heart out on the floor and is pretty much a factor most games why wouldnt u give him a contract..than get a rookie point guard..or a brevin knight/Ridinour that cant hold a match next to James in my opinion...I think if we get rid of this guy we'll regret it later on ..u guys remember Chauncey billups right ..ok
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 07:53 PM   #2
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

He's a chucker. He uselessly dribbles the ball to late into the clock. He's a ball hog. He doesn't get the ball to the right players at the right time. He has an ego the size of Canada.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:46 PM   #3
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

I still want the Raps to sign him, if they can't another scorer... he was an integral part of the team even though people may not believe it... he came through when Bosh was struggling and the rest of the offense was struggling...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:50 PM   #4
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

There's no doubt he's a good player and was the reason they won a lot of games last year, but he's not the kind of guy you want running the point on a team that is struggling to make the playoffs. He's better off as a 3rd or 4th option OR 6th man. He's not a guy who can be the star of a team and thats what he is trying to do in Toronto. He IS selfish, and thats a fact and it shows in the interviews he's involved in. He's always talking about himself and how much he's improved and how much he deserves respect and a big paycheck. He's a good player, but not leader material, and that is why the Raps are hesitant.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:54 PM   #5
AKADS
Decent college freshman

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

Here is my take on signing Mike James. The Raptors right now are about there youth Bosh, Villy, #1, Graham, Calderon, Pape, Bonner. They do need veterans as MoPete is the only veteran who has a major role on the team. James is a good ball player and would help the Raptors this yr but stunt the growth of the youth. I don't think the Raptors are playoff team. Mike James might help the Raptors fight for the 8 seed but will hurt the team in the long run.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 09:09 PM   #6
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

That's pretty much what I tried to say I guess.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:24 PM   #7
power works
High School JV MVP

power works has an OK reputation so far
Lightbulb

In simple terms:

1. He shoots too much.
2. He talks too much.
3. Hes asks for too much $$.

power works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 09:28 PM   #8
AKADS
Decent college freshman

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
That's pretty much what I tried to say I guess.

I was posting at the same time as you and we both made simular points.

Unless Mike James wants a 1 or 2 yr deal he is all but gone.

But for once the GM of the Raptors isn't an idiot.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:26 PM   #9
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

I see this happening..

1) We let James go and he has a great year somewhere else and everybody says things like "How could we let that guy go".
2) We keep him and everybody says "He's only hurting the team in the long run, they are better off without him".

So I think either way people are going to criticize the Raptors, but even if scenario #1 happens, I think we are better off without him.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:06 PM   #10
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Orealius has an OK reputation so far

We are better off without him. He ain't gonna be back next year.
Orealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 11:47 PM   #11
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man

albertpujols has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by power works
In simple terms:

1. He shoots too much.
2. He talks too much.
3. Hes asks for too much $$.

Agreed.
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:24 AM   #12
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

no need to keep james around.

james is better off on a team with more established players where he can't force most of the shots. he considers himself a "playmaker," while we need a guy who considers himself a "distributor."
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:35 AM   #13
23jordan23
Great young streetballer

23jordan23 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
I still want the Raps to sign him, if they can't another scorer... he was an integral part of the team even though people may not believe it... he came through when Bosh was struggling and the rest of the offense was struggling...

I also wanna add theres not alot of point guards tha are available that is better than james ...its funny though u guys talk about youth but i hear people in this forum wanting to get Brevin Knight lol Brevin's good but hes like 67 next year
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:01 AM   #14
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Yes, he is the reason why we won a lot of games, BUT he is the reason why we lost a lot of them also. He is not meant to play the point, put him at the 2 and keep him there. That position is mostly about shooting. The only way they should re-sign him is if they give him a new ego or if they trade him for somethin good...
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:13 AM   #15
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23jordan23
I also wanna add theres not alot of point guards tha are available that is better than james ...its funny though u guys talk about youth but i hear people in this forum wanting to get Brevin Knight lol Brevin's good but hes like 67 next year

brevin also understands exactly WHO the stars on his team are and does his best to get them easy buckets... james COULD be a good pointguard, but he just doesn't want to, he doesn't feel he can be successful that way, so he chucks.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: