Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 07:48 PM   #16
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
Sonics win

Sonics > Kings this year

(And thats not based on the last preaseason game)

A team is usually going to lose when it's missing it's 2nd and 3rd best player... That makes 2 of our bench guys start and so our bench gets shorter. They're the 2 best passers so it's a hell of a lot of playmaking for other guys without them in the line up. It's 35 PPG and 12 assists out of the line up. Kings>Sonics.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:49 PM   #17
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
A team is usually going to lose when it's missing it's 2nd and 3rd best player... That makes 2 of our bench guys start and so our bench gets shorter. They're the 2 best passers so it's a hell of a lot of playmaking for other guys without them in the line up. It's 35 PPG and 12 assists out of the line up. Kings>Sonics.
Read my last post and then talk
Old 10-26-2006, 07:55 PM   #18
LAZYBOY
PERMA-BANNED

LAZYBOY has an OK reputation so far

Sonics looked good Glove_20 but it was preseason and we're missing our 2 shooters.

Bibby > Ridnour
Allen > Martin
Artest > Lewis
Wilcox (<or=) Shareef
Miller > any Center on your team

Your points are noted but no I'm not watching out.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:02 PM   #19
BradMiller52
Kings fan

You have two very good PGs? If Ridnour and Watson who are roleplayers are very good you might as well label Bibby a hall of famer or something. They're not very good, they're just role players. Just like Bibby isn't close to being a HOFer, he's just a top 5 PG in the league today.

Wilcox isn't a post presence. His game is mainly dunks and stuff on fast breaks. But no he really doesn't have a post up game. SAR is a better post up player.

Your 3 7 footers might have potential, but Miller has skills. They don't have skills yet.

Martin defended Ray Allen very well when he's played him. Ray is better but Martin is no slouch.

Artest is better than Lewis. Lewis is some soft 6'10'' guy that likes to shoot 3s like Peja except Rashard has a post game(though it's more finesse, he isn't going to back any of the strong players down). Artest is a defensive guy, he can score on the block against anyone, and he's a better passer.

Reef/KT and Wilcox are about either right now. Neither of them really impresses me but atleast Wilcox has potential to improve.

Miller is MUCH better than your 3 7 footers with potential. Only 2 of those guys are going to see the court, sideshow Bob and that guy Petro(actually the name of a gas station within 5 miles of my house I think). Miller is a top 10 center in this league, maybe top 5. Those guys aren't top 25.

Kings bench> Sonics bench. Kings bench has Reef, Salmons, Price, Garcia, and Corliss. Garcia's a very good defender and ball handler. Salmons can play 3 positions and he's a good ball handler, can post up smaller guards, and he plays good D. Corliss Williamson is a decent post player and he can hit a 15 footer. Also plays D. Price is a speedy guard off the bench and he can light it up like Bobby Jackson, he might be undrafted but he's very talented. Reef can give you 12 points/5 boards off the bench.

Sonics bench has like some raw seven footers, Earl Watson, Damien Wilkins, and some random guys. Their bench doesn't impress me.

Kings coach>Seattle's coach.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:42 PM   #20
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
And 07 Kings aren't too much better than the 05 Kings (They are, 05 Sonics beat the Kings 4-2)

oh really? thats bs, 07 kings >>> 05. ur just delusional and excited cuz the sonics beat the kings without 2 main players in a preseason game lol
Old 10-26-2006, 09:59 PM   #21
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
You have two very good PGs? If Ridnour and Watson who are roleplayers are very good you might as well label Bibby a hall of famer or something. They're not very good, they're just role players. Just like Bibby isn't close to being a HOFer, he's just a top 5 PG in the league today.

Wilcox isn't a post presence. His game is mainly dunks and stuff on fast breaks. But no he really doesn't have a post up game. SAR is a better post up player.

Your 3 7 footers might have potential, but Miller has skills. They don't have skills yet.

Martin defended Ray Allen very well when he's played him. Ray is better but Martin is no slouch.

Artest is better than Lewis. Lewis is some soft 6'10'' guy that likes to shoot 3s like Peja except Rashard has a post game(though it's more finesse, he isn't going to back any of the strong players down). Artest is a defensive guy, he can score on the block against anyone, and he's a better passer.

Reef/KT and Wilcox are about either right now. Neither of them really impresses me but atleast Wilcox has potential to improve.

Miller is MUCH better than your 3 7 footers with potential. Only 2 of those guys are going to see the court, sideshow Bob and that guy Petro(actually the name of a gas station within 5 miles of my house I think). Miller is a top 10 center in this league, maybe top 5. Those guys aren't top 25.

Kings bench> Sonics bench. Kings bench has Reef, Salmons, Price, Garcia, and Corliss. Garcia's a very good defender and ball handler. Salmons can play 3 positions and he's a good ball handler, can post up smaller guards, and he plays good D. Corliss Williamson is a decent post player and he can hit a 15 footer. Also plays D. Price is a speedy guard off the bench and he can light it up like Bobby Jackson, he might be undrafted but he's very talented. Reef can give you 12 points/5 boards off the bench.

Sonics bench has like some raw seven footers, Earl Watson, Damien Wilkins, and some random guys. Their bench doesn't impress me.

Kings coach>Seattle's coach.
So Bibby is a TOp 5 PG?

Nash
Kidd
Billups
Arenas
Iverson

I don't see Bibby's name there

Ridnour is an above average PG
Watson is an above average PG

Meaning out of the 32 teams, Ridnour and Watson are better than most team's starting PGs

Like I said

You guys were pretty good in 05 (Better than u did in 06)
And the 05 Sonics beat you

This is the 07 Sonics, I already explained why they were better than the 05 Sonics...

Reef is a starter not a bench for u guys

And Earl Watson, Damien Wilkins, Collision, all are pretty good

Watson > Kenny Thomas
Wilkins = Garcia
Collision = Whoever

Honeslty, the Combo of Bibby and Price are = or WORST than the combo of Ridnour and Watson
Old 10-26-2006, 10:50 PM   #22
BradMiller52
Kings fan

You think there are 32 teams? You got the wrong league buddy, this aint the NFL. You're crazy if you think Bibby and Price is worse than Scrubnour and Watson. Price is a quick guard and he can dunk it on anyone, he can shoot and he plays good D. If you seen him play you'd agree with me. Bibby will get around 18-20 points and 7-8 assists with decent D because he worked VERY HARD over the offseason, you actually think Ridnour is BETTER than that? You are high buddy, Ridnour has trouble getting minutes over Watson he can't touch Bibby. Bibby is closer to Ray Allen with playmaking skills than he is to Ridnour. Bold prediction here but Kidd will probably fall off a bit this season and people will see Bibby now that he's not held back by the princeton offense. Iverson isn't really a PG and Arenas plays a lot of SG too when Daniels is in the game so yeah I'd say Bibby's top 5. Also we have Salmons who can play PG and he's probabkly as good or nearly as good as Watson.

Honestly Reef probably isn't the starter at PF from what we've seen so I don't appreciate you coming on to our board and saying it when all the evidence says Kenny will start.

You're crazy if you think these kings aren't as good as the 05 kings. That 05 kings team you beat was injured(Bibby on a sprained ankle, Miller with a broken leg, Skinner with sprained thumbs) and didn't play D. This kings team plays D, atleast when BMiller is on the floor. Bibby is better now than he was than, Martin's better than Mobley, Artest's better than Peja, our PF position is better by default cuz atleast we have Reef now off the bench, Miller now>Broke leg Miller. Price>Injured BJax, Salmons>Mo Evans, Corliss=Corliss, Reef>Skinner/Osterfag, Mo Taylor=<Songaila. You don't think this year's team is better? Sorry but:
Old 10-26-2006, 10:56 PM   #23
KERMIT
Can barely lace up my sneakers

KERMIT has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Honeslty, the Combo of Bibby and Price are = or WORST than the combo of Ridnour and Watson

Wow, I can't believe you went there. Bibby alone is better than both of them put together, get outta here with that. And I like Ridnour since Oregon, but dam Bibby is lightyears better and Watson is getting better but he's still garbage.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:01 PM   #24
LAZYBOY
PERMA-BANNED

LAZYBOY has an OK reputation so far

Dude r u serious? Ridnour and Watson? You underestimate Mike man, heavily. You make some good posts on the main board, but I didn't know you were blinded by your love for the Sonics. These two guys couldn't carry Mike's jockstrap combined.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:06 PM   #25
Glove_20
The Expert

Quote:
You think there are 32 teams? You got the wrong league buddy, this aint the NFL. You're crazy if you think Bibby and Price is worse than Scrubnour and Watson. Price is a quick guard and he can dunk it on anyone, he can shoot and he plays good D. If you seen him play you'd agree with me. Bibby will get around 18-20 points and 7-8 assists with decent D because he worked VERY HARD over the offseason, you actually think Ridnour is BETTER than that? You are high buddy, Ridnour has trouble getting minutes over Watson he can't touch Bibby. Bibby is closer to Ray Allen with playmaking skills than he is to Ridnour. Bold prediction here but Kidd will probably fall off a bit this season and people will see Bibby now that he's not held back by the princeton offense. Iverson isn't really a PG and Arenas plays a lot of SG too when Daniels is in the game so yeah I'd say Bibby's top 5. Also we have Salmons who can play PG and he's probabkly as good or nearly as good as Watson.

Honestly Reef probably isn't the starter at PF from what we've seen so I don't appreciate you coming on to our board and saying it when all the evidence says Kenny will start.

You're crazy if you think these kings aren't as good as the 05 kings. That 05 kings team you beat was injured(Bibby on a sprained ankle, Miller with a broken leg, Skinner with sprained thumbs) and didn't play D. This kings team plays D, atleast when BMiller is on the floor. Bibby is better now than he was than, Martin's better than Mobley, Artest's better than Peja, our PF position is better by default cuz atleast we have Reef now off the bench, Miller now>Broke leg Miller. Price>Injured BJax, Salmons>Mo Evans, Corliss=Corliss, Reef>Skinner/Osterfag, Mo Taylor=<Songaila. You don't think this year's team is better? Sorry but:
My bad on the 32 team thing...Watching too much NFL lately

But like I said Ridnour and Watson are both still above average...Meaning better than Most team's starting PG

And Sorry, no need to make some changes, Arenas is a PG, and so is AI

Both AI and Arenas are better than Bibby...So is Kidd, Nash, and Billups...You could put Chris Paul on that list too

I NEVER said Ridnour was better than Bibby

Seems like you undervalue the 05 Kings just cuz they got their @sses kicked by my Sonics...(it was easy for the 05 Sonics)....Same will happen this year

ANd i'd love to see 5.4apg Bibby put 7-8 apg...Ridnour put 7apg, and Watson put like 5.3apg, both almost more than Bibby...

Ridnour gets 7apg with 2.0 tpg
Bibby gets 5.4 apg with 2.4tpg

I wonder who has better playmaking skills?

And I love how u use injuries as excuse when we had key players not playing at all, while urs at least played
Old 10-26-2006, 11:09 PM   #26
Glove_20
The Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZYBOY
Dude r u serious? Ridnour and Watson? You underestimate Mike man, heavily. You make some good posts on the main board, but I didn't know you were blinded by your love for the Sonics. These two guys couldn't carry Mike's jockstrap combined.
PGs no.1 Job

Passing/Playmaking

Bibby 5.4apg with 2.4 TOs per game
Ridnour 7.0apg with 2.0 TOs per game (One of the best Ast to TO ratio, top 3 i think)

Watson also puts 5.3apg....Thats 12.3 apg total

I know Bibby is better than Ridnour or Watson

But both combined?

Watson is a better defender than Bibby
Ridnour is a better playmaker

Watson shot 42% from 3 land while making almost as much as Bibby did
Ridnour shoots a higher FT% than Bibby and gets more steals in less minutes

And all Bibby is got is scoring over the 2...Which Seattle doesn't need since they already have Ray, Lewis, Wilcox, and Ridnour and Watson both put 11+ ppg
Old 10-26-2006, 11:12 PM   #27
Glove_20
The Expert

ANd I don't under value BIbby

The WHOLE LEAGUE undervalues Ridnour and Watson
Old 10-26-2006, 11:17 PM   #28
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Thats just completely wrong in any way you look at it. You haven't seen Price play at all. He is playing absolutely great in the preseason and bibby has looked just as good as a billups in the preseason. Arenas and AI play more of a combo guard position for their teams, so its unfair to compare bibby to them. Bibby's assists are low because of the high post, princeton offense, but that will change this year.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:19 PM   #29
Glove_20
The Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
Thats just completely wrong in any way you look at it. You haven't seen Price play at all. He is playing absolutely great in the preseason and bibby has looked just as good as a billups in the preseason. Arenas and AI play more of a combo guard position for their teams, so its unfair to compare bibby to them. Bibby's assists are low because of the high post, princeton offense, but that will change this year.
Yeah

More assists, and more TOs for him

Still can't come close to

Ridnour's

7.0apg on 2.0tpg (Amazing Assist to TO ratio)
Bibby had 5.4apg to 2.4tpg last year
Old 10-26-2006, 11:25 PM   #30
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

lol Bibby >>>>> Ridnour + Watson. give it up bro
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread