Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 07-06-2009, 04:55 PM   #1
Pain of Thought
Local High School Star

Pain of Thought has a terrific reputationPain of Thought has a terrific reputationPain of Thought has a terrific reputationPain of Thought has a terrific reputationPain of Thought has a terrific reputationPain of Thought has a terrific reputation
Default Are the Kings the worst potential team of the 2009-2010 season?

I support small market NBA teams, and I'd love to see the Kings return to greatness, but let's be honest - this isn't happening any time soon. In fact, one could argue Sacramento has the potential to be next year's worst team. Do you buy into that, or do you feel they'll finish with a better season than they did last year?
Pain of Thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:35 PM   #2
OJMayoDaFuture
I Go Hard In The Paint

OJMayoDaFuture has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Are the Kings the worst potential team of the 2009-2010 season?

I Say If The Kings Don't Make A Move Maybe But It's Milwakee Anyday
OJMayoDaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:37 AM   #3
sak
I hit open layups

sak has an OK reputation so far

Really can't tell. And don't look for any moves before the begining of the season. New coach that it really looks like the owners are getting behind with the 3 year deal. Look for a move or 2 before the trade deadline but ya. There gonna look bad at the begining of the year. Hopfully they will get a little better by the end of next season. But I'm not expecting much.
sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 05:19 AM   #4
mamba24
read this you homer

mamba24 has decent reputationmamba24 has decent reputation

Sacramento does not need to worry about winning or loosing...they need to get their players playing together in a system and if they see potential which i think they will...they will go after a coach who can get the best out of them...

i am not sure if they can take another bad economic season...and they may re-locate to anaheim.

just my take.
mamba24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:42 AM   #5
Pain of Thought
Local High School Star

Pain of Thought has a terrific reputationPain of Thought has a terrific reputationPain of Thought has a terrific reputationPain of Thought has a terrific reputationPain of Thought has a terrific reputationPain of Thought has a terrific reputation

Quote:
i am not sure if they can take another bad economic season...and they may re-locate to anaheim.

Three franchises in the LA metro area? I don't know about all that. The Clippers struggle enough as it is. It's too bad Northern Cali isn't exactly basketball country. The San Fran metro is huge population wise, just much more into baseball and football, whereas the Warriors seem to have fair weather fans.

I think the Kings are just fine in the small market of Sactown. In year's past they've proven to be one of the most supported teams in the league hometown-wise. Yes they need to get back on top again, but it seems the Maloof brothers don't have the same heart and desire they once did (and how could you blame them after being rape of a title some 7 or 8 years ago?). I think it's a combination of many things.

Perhaps the biggest hinder is no big name star players exactly what to play / live in Sacramento, which would somewhat validate a relocation of the team, but damn it why can't players stop bit*hing and complaining about where they play. Just be glad you're being paid millions of dollars to do the only thing in life you know how to do. Sacramento is not that bad of a city.
Pain of Thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:39 PM   #6
sak
I hit open layups

yes the kings will be fine. In the past three or four years the kings have been close to the cap and had people that were hard to move. Kenny thomas. SAR became usless and was getting paid a lot. They made it clear kmart was unmovable. Mainly cause he was the only star and they were hoping he would be a more dominant guy. That hasn't provin to be the case. But now with some expiring contracts. Then getting tyreke evens. Maybe kmart becomes movable. Maybe spencer hawes becomes more like vladie which is what they want. I just still don't understand picking up NOC. But now with the cap going down. K thomas's expiring contract is gonna be good trade material mid way through this season. Look for a big move before the trade deadline. It will happen.I thing were on the right track. Next year will be a big telling point. And the malofs would move the kings to vagas before LA.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:19 PM   #7
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

but hey at least you can look forward to john wall
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:37 PM   #8
Admiral
Good High School Starter

Admiral has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
but hey at least you can look forward to john wall

with sacramento's luck we'll get the worst possible pick based on our record again next year and wall wont fall to us... BUT i'm still excited to see where this young kings team can go
Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:07 PM   #9
Phenith
NBA Junkie!

Phenith has decent reputationPhenith has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain of Thought
I support small market NBA teams, and I'd love to see the Kings return to greatness, but let's be honest - this isn't happening any time soon. In fact, one could argue Sacramento has the potential to be next year's worst team. Do you buy into that, or do you feel they'll finish with a better season than they did last year?

I really think it depends on the advancement of Thompson and Hawes, the health of Martin and the rookie impact Evans can have. Garcia is a solid role player to have next to a good scorer in Martin so the team really just needs to gel and get an identity.
Phenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:11 AM   #10
Cggamer12
I brick open layups

Cggamer12 has decent reputation

It depends. Milwaukee could give you guys a run for your money, especially if Sessions ends up elsewhere which is extremely likely. And I wouldn't expect much out of Hawes.
Cggamer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:11 PM   #11
sak
I hit open layups

what is with people expecting thompson to really excel? i think he is going to be ok in this league but nothing great. Ike diogu is better then him. with this new coach and his style. we will see moves based on what the coach wants this year. we wont be the worst team. but does anyone know if we resigned Diogu?
Old 07-31-2009, 04:18 PM   #12
sak
I hit open layups

nevermind. hornets signed Ike Diogu. were stupid. I know it was the last games of the season but when did Jason thompson put up 30 points and 12 rebounds? when? never. and we just let diogu go. just when i think were building somthing.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:11 PM   #13
dgras17
Banned

dgras17 has an OK reputation so far

absolutely
dgras17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:12 AM   #14
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Bucks have the award locked in, and the Knicks could have something to say about it as well (which sucks for them since the Utah Jazz own their first round selection).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain of Thought
Three franchises in the LA metro area? I don't know about all that. The Clippers struggle enough as it is.

From everything I have read when it comes to the teams finances, its actually the opposite. Unless you meant fan support, well, then, in that case, you are right.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:20 PM   #15
cdt3
Can barely lace up my sneakers

cdt3 has an OK reputation so far

There is no way the Kings come in last place. In the first year Theus was here we had the weak team of Beno/Martin/Miller/Moore and we almost made the playoffs! The team of Evans/Martin/Thompson/Hawes is at least as good not to mention Westphal is the best coach the Maloofs have ever hired including Adelman. Last year we missed coaching, toughness, clutchness, defense, and in the offseason we fixed every hole with Westphal/Evans/ Casspi/Brockman/May/Mason.

Westphal has never had a below .500 squad in 7 years. This team will be around 41 wins. And Thompson's best numbers last year were 23pts, 19reb, and 4 blks. During summer when Evans and JT got comfortable together in the last 3 games they put up 18/5 and 26/10/1. If Evans and JT come together with Martin and Hawes this is an explosive team again.
cdt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: