Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-01-2009, 03:27 PM   #1
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Default Teh Tim Tebow Topic

Wondering what people think of him as an NFL player. I'm going to list a series of questions about him, and hopefully people will answer and debate. Hopefully the responders are informed as to the subject matter (i.e., you watch Gator Football).

1: What will he be? I'd narrow the options down to:
A. He is going to be morphed by some guru into a drop-back passer that can run when he wants to.
B. "Wildcat" (most overrated offense in football...only Miami does it well, and the Eagles should stop that **** with Vick entirely).
C. Tight End.
D. Fullback.
E. Runningback.

2: How good will he be?
A. Jax, per owner's orders, drafts him with first round pick, tries to have him run the offense, and he becomes a highly-inspiritational Alex Smith-level bust. Although Alex Smith is starting...for now.
B. Jax drafts him with top pick and he manages to take over for Garrard, becomes good NFL QB.
C. Hall of Fame QB, woohoo.
D. Drafted as a "football player," some smart OC makes him into a starter at a new position.
E. Drafted as a "football player," three years later is a Jeopardy! question.

3: What do you see as the best fit for him in the NFL? Open-ended response here.

4: Can he possibly become a leader in the NFL? We hear all these wonderful things about him in college, but I don't think anyone will want to hear anything from their fourth-string running QB. This is somewhat tied into question #2. If he truly has a place in an NFL starting line I could see it working out, but IMO you can't be a leader on a team if you aren't a regular contributor at the least, and preferably you should be a star. For example, if JR Giddens tried to act like KG...**** wouldn't fly.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 03:38 PM   #2
elevensevenelev
Banned

Default Re: Teh Tim Tebow Topic

he gonna be ok
elevensevenelev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 03:49 PM   #3
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Jaguars will be desperate to draft him, regardless of the other team needs. They have a franchise that is having problems attendance wise, and to get a state icon like Tebow would help that problem a bit. They want to get off that list of teams rumored to move to L.A. I see him playing in the wildcat. Dunno about a position change. Is it not wise to at least give him at shot at QB first and see what he can do from there? He goes out there and does the job against a lot of top flight college teams. I certainly think that they will try him out at backup QB, do the wildcat, and throw him into the fold if/when Garrard strugges.

As for the leadership, it will be interesting to see him in a setting with grown men much older than him. Will they listen to him? Can he motivate a team? He'll have to prove himself first, because noone likes a college kid coming in and trying to run things.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 04:00 PM   #4
elevensevenelev
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Jaguars will be desperate to draft him, regardless of the other team needs. They have a franchise that is having problems attendance wise, and to get a state icon like Tebow would help that problem a bit. They want to get off that list of teams rumored to move to L.A. I see him playing in the wildcat. Dunno about a position change. Is it not wise to at least give him at shot at QB first and see what he can do from there? He goes out there and does the job against a lot of top flight college teams. I certainly think that they will try him out at backup QB, do the wildcat, and throw him into the fold if/when Garrard strugges.

As for the leadership, it will be interesting to see him in a setting with grown men much older than him. Will they listen to him? Can he motivate a team? He'll have to prove himself first, because noone likes a college kid coming in and trying to run things.

good point, I'm sure not a lot of people will be so thrilled about having some kid from the god squad trying to play mr.morality. give it a rest jesus freak
elevensevenelev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 04:00 PM   #5
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

the next Vince Young except without the downfall
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:04 PM   #6
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
the next Vince Young except without the downfall
He's a different kind of running QB though. He doesn't really juke and run for big gains the way that VY did in college. He has some speed but he's really more like a short-yardage back with an ok arm. That Gator offense is completely unlike anything in the NFL.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:19 PM   #7
lilmagicjohnson

I dunno but I think Oregon's QB is going to do better in the NFL than Tim Tebow.

Both will probably be about the same type of NFL player as Marco Tuaosasopo was in the NFL, unstoppable college star transformed into 3rd string QBs
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: