Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-26-2009, 04:56 PM   #46
RedZiggyZag
1 week avy bet.....

RedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Top 5 WRs in the NFL...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
Moss draws 3 DBs to him dude...what the hell does he need to block for?

His team's running game. Even though clearly the Patriots are a passing team. It would still help if he blocked, people consistently give Owens credit for being a good run-blocker. Don't know why you can't hurt somebody for not blocking. Most Super-Bowl teams are great running teams like Steve Young said, even though the 49ers were known for there passing game, they still had a dominant running game with Ricky Watters and Roger Craig for the 80s.
RedZiggyZag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:59 PM   #47
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZiggyZag
His team's running game. Even though clearly the Patriots are a passing team. It would still help if he blocked, people consistently give Owens credit for being a good run-blocker. Don't know why you can't hurt somebody for not blocking. Most Super-Bowl teams are great running teams like Steve Young said, even though the 49ers were known for there passing game, they still had a dominant running game with Ricky Watters.
yeah, I guess he would be better if he could block like Owens...true

I just don't look at him as that kind of weapon...I see Moss as a guy that the entire secondary has to worry about every play and are kind of drawn to no matter what he does...and as long as he just stays opposite side of the run, that should open up the feild for RBs...

"should"...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:02 PM   #48
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

There is absolutly no way Wayne is better than Moss.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:03 PM   #49
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

1. Andre Johnson
2. Larry Fitzgerald
3. Randy Moss
4. Calvin Johnson
5. Steve Smith
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:09 PM   #50
RedZiggyZag
1 week avy bet.....

RedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
yeah, I guess he would be better if he could block like Owens...true

I just don't look at him as that kind of weapon...I see Moss as a guy that the entire secondary has to worry about every play and are kind of drawn to no matter what he does...and as long as he just stays opposite side of the run, that should open up the feild for RBs...

"should"...
Well.....IMO, Moss is #3 at best. No shame at that. He's not Top 2, He's #2 on Brady's 07' Days. Fitzgerald has surpassed him if you ask me, what he did last season and in the playoff run was amazing especially with his time without Boldin..

Anyways, Wayne doesn't have that explosive speed or freak or nature of atheltic ability like you said every Top 5 WR has, would like to know why he's still in the Top 5 argument and not White. What really separates them is my question really.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:16 PM   #51
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZiggyZag
Well.....IMO, Moss is #3 at best. No shame at that. He's not Top 2, He's #2 on Brady's 07' Days. Fitzgerald has surpassed him if you ask me, what he did last season and in the playoff run was amazing especially with his time without Boldin..

Anyways, Wayne doesn't have that explosive speed or freak or nature of atheltic ability like you said every Top 5 WR has, would like to know why he's still in the Top 5 argument and not White. What really separates them is my question really.
I said earlier in this thread that Wayne is hard to rank because of Peyton always nailing him in the chest...

Wayne is 6 foot 0...198 lbs...ran a 4.40

White is 6 foot 0...206 lbs...ran a 4.46

they are almost identical, you're right...

I guess it is possible for White to get to Wayne's level at some point in time...but not right now...
Old 10-26-2009, 05:24 PM   #52
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

read this about Moss when he was at Florida State (he got kicked out):

Quote:
"At spring practice, he was head and shoulders above everybody else," noted former FSU interim AD Wayne Hogan. "He'd just dazzle everyone. During my 14 years down there, I only saw two people stand out above the crown like that. One was Deion Sanders. The other was Randy Moss." At 6' 5" and 210 lbs., Moss possess frightening speed. At FSU he ran the 40 in 4.25. The only Seminole in history to clock a faster time was Sanders at 4.23. And as if that weren't enough, he possesses a 3'6' vertical leap and versatile speed. "Randy could be a world-class sprinter," notes MU Track & Field Coach Jeff Small. "He's by far the best runner I've ever seen. That includes Michael Johnson and Carl Lewis." Small should know. After practicing with the team for only three days, Moss competed in the Southern Conference Indoor Track & Field Championships last February. He won the 200 meters in 21.15 and qualified for the NCAA Championships. He also won the 55 meters (6.32) breaking the MU record.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:25 PM   #53
phelix2000
Decent playground baller

phelix2000 has no real reputation yet.

I see you guys all have Clavin Johnson as a top WR, but what has he done in the NFL that is so great? I know Detroit hasn't had the best QBs but I haven't been impressed with him.
phelix2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:26 PM   #54
RedZiggyZag
1 week avy bet.....

Quote:
read this about Moss when he was at Florida State (he got kicked out):
Yep, not questioning his athletic ability at all. His leaping and quickness was amazing, but at this point it's got to have declined a bit. I loved him when he was on the Vikings, I had his jersey and t-shirts of him, but for some reason I despise him at the moment, right now.
Quote:
I said earlier in this thread that Wayne is hard to rank because of Peyton always nailing him in the chest...
Main reason why It's hard to rank WRs, it depends on the QB 90% of the time.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:53 PM   #55
LBJames2010
Local High School Star

LBJames2010 has an OK reputation so far

Maybe i skimmed through the topic too fast...but i dont think anyone even mentioned marques colston.
LBJames2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:04 PM   #56
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJames2010
Maybe i skimmed through the topic too fast...but i dont think anyone even mentioned marques colston.
That's probably because he's not a top 5 WR in the NFL.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:04 PM   #57
RedZiggyZag
1 week avy bet.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJames2010
Well I put him on my honorable mentions list, I at least mentioned him. Not sure if he's in the Top 5 though. He's a huge player though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelix2000
I see you guys all have Clavin Johnson as a top WR, but what has he done in the NFL that is so great? I know Detroit hasn't had the best QBs but I haven't been impressed with him.
Probably the main reason...He produces despite playing with horrendous QBs.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:10 PM   #58
ppierce34
High school junior varsity star

ppierce34 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Last season 78-1331-12, 17 YPC, with Jon Kitna, Dan Orvlorsky, and Culpeppr as his QB's. That's fifth for yards, tied for first in TD's, and sixth in YPC. That's pretty impressive to me considering the guys throwing it to him and the team around him..
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:12 PM   #59
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

this dude will be a stud:

he is 6 foot 3 and 218 lbs...ran a 4.57, so he isn't that fast, but he has the size/vert to make up for that...

Old 10-26-2009, 10:45 PM   #60
RedZiggyZag
1 week avy bet.....

I actually want to flip Johnson and Fitzgerald now....Did some more analysis on both those guys. Other ESPN Cast members have too, and they said Johnson is the superior player. Simply because of more athletic ability, more power, more explosiveness, more speed. Johnson is really like a WR in a TE's Body, which is incredibly rare in today's league.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: