Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-25-2006, 09:11 PM   #1
hateraid
Is it in you?

Default hateraid's powerhouse team

I just got done with a twelve player league and came out with this team. In order of pick's and twelve players chosen

Brand
Arenas
Ray Allen
Jermaine O'neal
Emeka Okafor
Ron Artest
Peja Stjokivic
Zach Randolph
Stehon Marbury
Ben Gordon
Adam Morrison
Shaun Livingston

This is the best team I've even assembled. It lacks assists but I think I dominate every other category.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 09:16 PM   #2
galaga3
Learning to shoot layups

wow... you picked up some nice players. In my 10 team league, brand, arenas, and allen went in the 1st round.
galaga3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 09:16 PM   #3
hateraid
Is it in you?

Just wanted to add this is a cash league head to head
Old 10-25-2006, 09:25 PM   #4
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

arenas fell to the second round?!?!

I want to get in this league next yr
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 09:31 PM   #5
jrt1584
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
I just got done with a twelve player league and came out with this team. In order of pick's and twelve players chosen

Brand
Arenas
Ray Allen
Jermaine O'neal
Emeka Okafor
Ron Artest
Peja Stjokivic
Zach Randolph
Stehon Marbury
Ben Gordon
Adam Morrison
Shaun Livingston

This is the best team I've even assembled. It lacks assists but I think I dominate every other category.

Do people really find it necessary to either...

1) Make up a team
2) Join a league with a bunch of idiots

You've got 4 guys that should've gone in the 1st two rounds and another (Artest) that's a 3rd round pick. Peja is a 4th or 5th rd pick as well...

Having said all that, I wouldnt consider u dominant in steals, blocks, or turnovers... on top of assists, which u already mentioned. Join a competitive league, or quit thinking that everyone on this board is a fool. One of the 2...
jrt1584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 09:44 PM   #6
RidonKs
rank sentamentalist

With O'Neal, Brand, and Okafor, I think he's pretty damn solid in blocks. They all should average in and around 2 blocks per game, although O'Neal and Okafor are injury risks. But that is a DAMN impressive team. With guys like Arenas and Allen for 3's, you could easily trade away a stud shooter like Peja and then maybe Artest and Randolpf or somebody like that for a very good all around player.

Btw, what pick did you have Hate? I assume 10, 11, or 12, considering Gil wouldn't go any later than that. Or maybe the rest of your league are just insane. Maybe.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:05 PM   #7
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Marbury will average 9 to 10 assist just like his career high, your assist will be fine.

That team is a power house for sure.

I don't Think you'll lose but i wanna see the other teams.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:11 PM   #8
RidonKs
rank sentamentalist

Haha, hasn't Isiah even SAID that Marbs won't average as many assists this year because of the new system? And you're expecting 9-10? He'll get 7 if he has a really good year, and I'm expecting more like 5-6.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:18 PM   #9
jrt1584

quit giving the guy so much credit. He's got 4 guys that should've been gone in the first 2 rounds. He's either lying or in a league with a bunch of idiots.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:30 PM   #10
RidonKs
rank sentamentalist

Hateraid isn't the type of guy to lie about a team or league. At least I don't think he is.

And I'm not giving a lot credit to him for picking the team, because obviously the rest of the league are idiots. I was just saying that it was a really good team, no matter how it was concieved. And you said that he wasn't that good in blocks. I was simply pointing out that you were wrong, because he's got three guys who will all probably put up two blocks per game.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:31 PM   #11
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1584
Do people really find it necessary to either...

1) Make up a team
2) Join a league with a bunch of idiots

You've got 4 guys that should've gone in the 1st two rounds and another (Artest) that's a 3rd round pick. Peja is a 4th or 5th rd pick as well...

Having said all that, I wouldnt consider u dominant in steals, blocks, or turnovers... on top of assists, which u already mentioned. Join a competitive league, or quit thinking that everyone on this board is a fool. One of the 2...

So this is my fault? Why would I think everybody here is a fool because I want to share in my luck? What makes you think I'm not in a competative league? Check the superleague, sourpuss. I'm not asking for any credit so contribute your negativity elsewhere. FVck, it's like I killed your dog or something.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:52 PM   #12
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

he said twelve players. maybe he meant roster size rather than the number of teams. It looks an awful lot like a six team draft because there is no conceivable way that eleven other managers let Marbury fall to the 9th round and Ben Gordon fall to the 10th round. Every manager drafting would had to have openly defied all of the rankings and I can't see eleven rational human beings debating with themselves whether they should take Smush Parker or Stephon Marbury.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:54 PM   #13
jrt1584

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
So this is my fault? Why would I think everybody here is a fool because I want to share in my luck? What makes you think I'm not in a competative league? Check the superleague, sourpuss. I'm not asking for any credit so contribute your negativity elsewhere. FVck, it's like I killed your dog or something.

U better not kill either one of my dogs... And if thats really your team, no its not your fault. Its the other people in your "superleague" for being so stupid. That league must be pretty super... And what makes me think you're not in a competitive league... cant u read? Look who you've got on your F'n team. If you got all those guys in the round u say u did, it obviously took no talent because those guys would be sticking out like a sore thumb so unless u were blind like the rest of your league, they'd fall right into your lap. U may want to look into renaming that league...
Old 10-25-2006, 11:57 PM   #14
jrt1584

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoyofsobe
he said twelve players. maybe he meant roster size rather than the number of teams. It looks an awful lot like a six team draft because there is no conceivable way that eleven other managers let Marbury fall to the 9th round and Ben Gordon fall to the 10th round. Every manager drafting would had to have openly defied all of the rankings and I can't see eleven rational human beings debating with themselves whether they should take Smush Parker or Stephon Marbury.

well, if thats the case... you'd think he would've said something by now, especially in the explanation he gave me.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:45 AM   #15
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1584
U better not kill either one of my dogs... And if thats really your team, no its not your fault. Its the other people in your "superleague" for being so stupid. That league must be pretty super... And what makes me think you're not in a competitive league... cant u read? Look who you've got on your F'n team. If you got all those guys in the round u say u did, it obviously took no talent because those guys would be sticking out like a sore thumb so unless u were blind like the rest of your league, they'd fall right into your lap. U may want to look into renaming that league...

Yes I can read. Obviously you can't. I meant the ISH superleague. It's funny how you think I can gain something from making this post. Even if I did make this up, what did I really gain? So what? I lucked out and picked a really good team in a crappy league. Does this mean I'm trying to show someone up on here? I'm tite enough with alot of posters on here for them to vouch that I'm not the type to try to gain attention on ISH. Even in a fantasy standpoint. You could even ask the most critical reputable posters on ISH and they probably would agree. I have better things to do than gain attention or even try to argue the reptation of 50 cent as a hip hop artist. So "Go Shorty, It's your Birthday", Take your free shots. You'll probably come back with something about my username, my sexuality, or my reputation on ISH. Really, I don't know you, you're probably a good guy in real life, but did this really get you that bent out of shape that much to criticize me? sorry for making this post brah. You the man for calling my team out.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: