Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-30-2009, 04:12 AM   #46
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Week 8 NFL point spreads...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
Actually I had heard that about the 3-point homefield advantage.

However, given the teams they have beaten, who they've lost to, and the head-to-head matchup which has already taken place, I absolutely do not understand how this game, on a neutral field, is a literal tossup.

Call me a homer if you must, and I'll admit the Pack is a fine team, but i don't see them being on the same level.
Well when you take into consideration how close the last game was between them was and that the Packers are coming off a two wins it makes sense to me. It's very hard to beat a team twice in one year. Also it's worth noting that Minnesota is without their best defensive back which is will only bode well for GB's high powered passing attack.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:12 AM   #47
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Offense:

Tennessee has the 22 ranked offense in the NFL...and are now starting Vince Young, who couldn't hit a f*ckin house earlier this year...he was beyond awful...

Jacksonville has the 11th ranked offense, and Garrard and Mike-Sims are showing promise...as well as MJD

Defense:

Jack's D isn't that great, 23rd in the NFL, issues with secondary...

Tennessee's D IS THE 31st IN THE NFL!!!!...the only team with a worse defense is the Browns!!!

the biggest stat is this:

Jacksonville: 3-3

Tennessee: 0-6

one team wins games, the other team gets crushed by record breaking scores...

how the hell are the Titans favored here???
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:16 AM   #48
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
Offense:

Tennessee has the 22 ranked offense in the NFL...and are now starting Vince Young, who couldn't hit a f*ckin house earlier this year...he was beyond awful...

Jacksonville has the 11th ranked offense, and Garrard and Mike-Sims are showing promise...as well as MJD

Defense:

Jack's D isn't that great, 23rd in the NFL, issues with secondary...

Tennessee's D IS THE 31st IN THE NFL!!!!...the only team with a worse defense is the Browns!!!

the biggest stat is this:

Jacksonville: 3-3

Tennessee: 0-6

one team wins games, the other team gets crushed by record breaking scores...

how the hell are the Titans favored here???
Throw that stuff out the window. There are very rarely gimmie lines for a reason. The odds makers feel the same way I do.

They are coming off a game where they got completely blown out and embarrassed. If you go back and look at teams that get blown out they usually cover the following week. This is pretty basic betting logic.

The Titans are well coached. They have an extra week to prepare. Again teams that have an extra two weeks to prepare for a team typically cover.

The Jaguars really aren't that good.

Oh and I previously mentioned teams often rally around newly anointed starting QB's for at least a week or two.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:22 AM   #49
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

well, good points...

although the lines are determined by the gamblers/money...not a secret group of overly smart NFL odds makers...
Old 10-30-2009, 04:23 AM   #50
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
well, good points...

although the lines are determined by the gamblers/money...not a secret group of overly smart NFL odds makers...
true but lines are handicapped by oddsmakers
Old 10-30-2009, 04:24 AM   #51
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

I am also not seeing where the Titans have covered this year after being blown out...
Old 10-30-2009, 04:26 AM   #52
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Jacksonville beat them by 20 points week 4...37-17

the following week, Indy crushed the Titans 31-9...a game THAT YOU SAID was "juicy"...

Old 10-30-2009, 04:27 AM   #53
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
I am also not seeing where the Titans have covered this year after being blown out...
yeah well i'm talking in general terms.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:29 AM   #54
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Jacksonville beat them by 20 points week 4...37-17

the following week, Indy crushed the Titans 31-9...a game THAT YOU SAID was "juicy"...

and I was right.

but i'm telling u this game isn't juicy :)

I just want to see u win PT...Obv. its your $ and I know you're just doing this for fun but by blown out I mean losing by 59 points.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:32 AM   #55
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
and I was right.

but i'm telling u this game isn't juicy :)

I just want to see u win PT...Obv. its your $ and I know you're just doing this for fun but by blown out I mean losing by 59 points.
yeah, I will probably just bet $20 on it...all in good fun...

thanks for the advice though...seriously
Old 10-30-2009, 04:35 AM   #56
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
yeah, I will probably just bet $20 on it...all in good fun...

thanks for the advice though...seriously
no worries man. GL.

One thing that helped is I stopped betting weekly. I used to just put money down for the sake of money and even though I still would have really good days it wasn't very consistent. Now I just wait for lines I really like and bet a fair amount on them. It's been paying off so far. I'm up 1200 this season.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:38 AM   #57
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
no worries man. GL.

One thing that helped is I stopped betting weekly. I used to just put money down for the sake of money and even though I still would have really good days it wasn't very consistent. Now I just wait for lines I really like and bet a fair amount on them. It's been paying off so far. I'm up 1200 this season.
and you are getting that feeling about Houston this week?
Old 10-30-2009, 04:39 AM   #58
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
and you are getting that feeling about Houston this week?
very much so. I'm laid 300 on them.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:22 AM   #59
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

If you had to pick 5 games, who would you pick?

I have:

1) Texans over Bills (Texans fav by 3 1/2)
2)Jaguars over Titans (Titans 3 point favorites)
3)Lions Over Rams (Lions 3 1/2 favorite)
4)Cardinals over Panthers (Cards 10 point fav)
5) ??????

Not sure who else to pick.....
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 05:29 PM   #60
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

anyone other input?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: