Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 10-28-2009, 10:50 AM   #16
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Default Re: 2K Calls Out EA on NBA Live 10 Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd El-Krim
Partly, but I think he's being deceptive as well by pretending 2k wasn't working on their patch before release. I'm guessing there is a code drop at least a 2-3 weeks if not a month before the release date to account for the massive distribution effort. After that point, any development that takes place is essentially patchwork. If 2k10 wants to pretend they weren't working on this "patch" before their release they can, but I'd say they're full of ****. The game is not only buggy, parts seem flat out incomplete. Whenever I've been involved in the release of an imcomplete product, we usually continue working to complete it and implement it later. Also, most of their bugs are so in your face that some basic testing would have caught them. It should have been obvious for them what feedback was going to turn up just like it probably was for Live.

2k is probably just putzing around with their patch, just like they putzed around in putting together their game.
That's clear too.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:56 AM   #17
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

That's the truth... but consider this....

2K's graphics/gamplay isn't a whole lot different from last year, yet that have alot of bugs/glitches/online issues.

Live's graphics & gamplay is a WHOLE LOT difference from last year, and they only have a few bugs/glitches, and no real online issues.

Sounds like this guy is complaining. Fix your buggy crap.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:17 AM   #18
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
People on twitter and 2k10 writing that they returned Live and bought 2k10 and are so much happier. I played the demo, it was garbage. Shiny plastic models and cheesy animations.
I returned 2k10 and bought Live ... I was much happier.

No jerky animations, no glitches where a PG is driving to the line then glitches back to the top of the key. No inferior basketball player models, sloppy ball handling controls, shot stick, etc.

Much happier, and the patch improves things as well.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:27 AM   #19
hoopaddict08
Decent college freshman

I honestly wish there was better competition. It seems like they should be able to do a lot more with these types of games. The commentary for example has new additions, however there is still plenty of lines I heard in 2k8. It is disappointing. Maybe it's because I'm falling away from video-games in general, but I no longer walk away impressed like I once did. Also

I remember last year when 2k was having problems with their servers; people started complaining in threads, and developers were bascially telling everyone not to buy their produt if they were going to complain. That's not something you want to hear as a customer.
hoopaddict08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:29 AM   #20
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

I'm not sure what NBA 2K10 you are playing, but I'm playing the PC version and my laptop is a bag of crap and it's working fine. I think you are prejudiced.

Last edited by brantonli : 10-28-2009 at 11:33 AM.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:16 PM   #21
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

I think Im gunna cop a copy of live at EA today....

Try it out.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:23 PM   #22
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

I'm kind of lost still to why a company needs to push out the product that isnt the finished product. It sounds like you put the unfinished game out to see what problems occur and what complaints are yelled. Then from there you fix/correct. But you would or should atleast be aware of the problems/issues before releasing the game. Makes sense no? For example, before you ship this game out. You take 1 game, play it and you should be able to see the issues. You dont need a thousands customers flooding forums to tell you My Player is messed up and you cant change the settings. You can do that yourself by simply playing the game.

I also dont understand getting your patch ok'd. So you have a seperate group that determines/decides whether on not you can send a patch out? Even tho you know the problems and have the fixes.

Being afraid that EA steals your ideas is funny considering i heard they already have a developer from 2k on thier staff. This whole little war between these companies is so wack. You f*ck over the consumer who paid $$$ for an unfinished product and I'm supposed to relax and wait for a patch which is free. And thats my compensation. Like really? I should be happy I'm not paying for a patch. Like really?

And no I dont understand the whole software business. So perhaps 2k, EA or someone if they havent done so already. Would create an article breaking down the process that us consumers dont know nor understand. Cuz right now I'm still waiting for a patch to have a close to finished product that I can enjoy playing. But neither 2k or EA is waiting to check out how much they profitted off these games. I bet you that didnt take long to calculate.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:28 PM   #23
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
People on twitter and 2k10 writing that they returned Live and bought 2k10 and are so much happier. I played the demo, it was garbage. Shiny plastic models and cheesy animations.

You're such a liar. I'm not a fan of NBA Live. Think for years its been average at best. But this years NBA Live has by far been the best that company has ever put out. I purchased nba2k10 but I admit NBA Live is just as good actually having played it unlike you. You copy and paste some 2k fanboys bashing NBA Live and allow them to form an opinion which you pass on here.

Then again reading much of your posts on various topics? You're clueless in general and say some pretty dumb shyt. But if you're between the ages of 15-18 then you get a pass. Otherwise you should be given a f*ckin posting limit on this board per day so people like me dont have to play hop skotch over the turds laying in front of us.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:53 PM   #24
clayton
Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

NBA 2k is a community-based game. They improve / make changes based around the actual game players. Can't say the same about live.
clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:59 PM   #25
Josh
Deity ★ Persona

There is a video game forum you know? Why even have that forum if posters aren't going to properly use it?

Message to ISH:

Do away with the Video Game Forum, let that fall into the OTC, but there needs to be a forum dedicated to "Other Sports" where we can all chat about NFL, MLB, NHL, etc.
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:01 PM   #26
Josh
Deity ★ Persona

FTR - I haven't played an NBA video game in years, but 2K was always light years better than Live.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:06 PM   #27
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
There is a video game forum you know? Why even have that forum if posters aren't going to properly use it?

Message to ISH:

Do away with the Video Game Forum, let that fall into the OTC, but there needs to be a forum dedicated to "Other Sports" where we can all chat about NFL, MLB, NHL, etc.

Because people actually do frequent and use the video game forums. To think no off court or topic suited for a current forum here would not be posted in the general bball forum? Just being plane ole silly. Sure this could have gone in the video forum. But guess what? 1 day someone else will create a thread intended for another forum. Then what?

"Hey there is an off the court forum you know. Why even have that forum if posters arent going to properly use it? Tell ya what lets do away with the off the court forum and just post everything right here."

Now after reading that does that make any kind of sense? No, hence my feelings on your post Josh. The moral to the story is just because a topic is posted in the wrong place doesnt mean we do away with the forum that topic should have been posted at. Why? Its still active.

*2 fingers*
Old 10-28-2009, 01:21 PM   #28
ukballer
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh

Message to ISH:

Why does it need to be done away with? Have to say the traffic in that part of the forum is increasing now. Yeah you can have your Other Sports section, that's a good idea IMO, but Video Game Forum doesn't need touching.

Anyway I'm kinda tired of the bugs in 2K. I adore the game, I really do, and having had a very brief go on Live, 'in my opinion' 2K even with the bugs and stuff blows it out of the water. But still, framerate issues, and just silly annoyances like being unable to edit quarter lengths in My Player Mode if you didn't already have Draft Combine. It didn't even come out for PC so until we get a patch we are stuck on 5 mins. Trying to play online at the moment too is just a joke. Not even close to getting a good connection so far on the PC. Not good enough.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:30 PM   #29
Josh
Deity ★ Persona

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Because people actually do frequent and use the video game forums. To think no off court or topic suited for a current forum here would not be posted in the general bball forum? Just being plane ole silly. Sure this could have gone in the video forum. But guess what? 1 day someone else will create a thread intended for another forum. Then what?

"Hey there is an off the court forum you know. Why even have that forum if posters arent going to properly use it? Tell ya what lets do away with the off the court forum and just post everything right here."

Now after reading that does that make any kind of sense? No, hence my feelings on your post Josh. The moral to the story is just because a topic is posted in the wrong place doesnt mean we do away with the forum that topic should have been posted at. Why? Its still active.

*2 fingers*

You should read the stuff you post sometimes. Do you post something, just to post something, and nothing more? I'm guilty of that sometimes, but not often. Don't post just to post, mmmmk?
Old 10-28-2009, 01:36 PM   #30
Kujo
Local High School Star

The Live patch apparently caused an issue were tied games at the end of regulation end in tie game. Yes, you heard that right, no OT post patch. A game killer for many. I'm pretty sure EA will be working on a patch to fix this.

Live 2K10 is greatly improved. I've only played the demo so far, but it's easily their best game in ages, probably since the previous Gen. I haven't played a Live game since 2K1 on the PS2, and it sucked.

I like 2K10 more, I think it's still the best bball game on the market but it has it's flaws as the monstrous upcoming patch list indicates. There's no way 2K wasn't already working on a patch prior to the game coming out.

Last edited by Kujo : 10-28-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: