Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 10-28-2009, 01:43 PM   #31
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Default Re: 2K Calls Out EA on NBA Live 10 Patch

Dispite the flaws 2k10 is a dope game and the best bball game I've played since NBA Live 96. I liked nba2k8. But 2k10 is just...the real deal.

But thats funny...tie games end in a tie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer
Why does it need to be done away with? Have to say the traffic in that part of the forum is increasing now. Yeah you can have your Other Sports section, that's a good idea IMO, but Video Game Forum doesn't need touching.

Its because he is an idiot with horrible logic. Get rid of the video forum because one poster made an video game related thread on the general bball board. I dont think posters here take time to think about what they type before submitting. Ridiculous logic. Perhaps he needs to take a journey to the video game forum and notice the increased traffic. You got GTA4 Ballad of Gay Tony dropping 3am est time Thursday, nov 10th COD M2, one of the most anticipated games and other games that are due out. Along with games that just came out (Borderlands thread has a nice amount of replies).

But yeah do away with that forum man. Let me create an off the court, college bball, fantasy basketball thread so we can officially get rid of those forums.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:19 PM   #32
NoGunzJustSkillz

what is the big deal about preparing a patch before the game was released?
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:27 PM   #33
Josh
Deity ★ Persona

GOBB, I wasn't even serious in my initial post about it being in the wrong forum. I could care less, honestly. I was just doing what you do best, posting something for the sake of posting it.

While we're on the subject of video games, what's with your addiction to GTA? You've never been the "gamer" type, but looks like GTAIV done mind-raped you. Street Fighter has mind-raped me for as long as I can remember.
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:35 PM   #34
Rob123
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
People on twitter and 2k10 writing that they returned Live and bought 2k10 and are so much happier. I played the demo, it was garbage. Shiny plastic models and cheesy animations.

too bad you didn't listen to your own opinion. Live ROCKS.

been playing 2k for a long time, live 10 is the truth.
Rob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:56 PM   #35
The Big Skinny
The champ is here.

2k9>2k10

why the made 2k10 so slow is beyond me
The Big Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 04:44 PM   #36
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
While we're on the subject of video games, what's with your addiction to GTA? You've never been the "gamer" type, but looks like GTAIV done mind-raped you. Street Fighter has mind-raped me for as long as I can remember.

Only reason i got xbox 360 was because of GTA4. One of the best games for 360. Also new download comes out 3am est time Thursday. Lately I've been achievement whoring so I havent played GTA4 much the last 3 months. I've become a gamer this summer. Couldnt get into Street Fighter 4, traded it for COD4.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 04:48 PM   #37
Abd El-Krim
Decent college freshman

omfg wrong forum!
Abd El-Krim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:21 PM   #38
Josh
Deity ★ Persona

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Only reason i got xbox 360 was because of GTA4. One of the best games for 360. Also new download comes out 3am est time Thursday. Lately I've been achievement whoring so I havent played GTA4 much the last 3 months. I've become a gamer this summer. Couldnt get into Street Fighter 4, traded it for COD4.

Yeah I need to get back into achievement whoring. I love doing it with the XBL Arcade titles (the 200 points).
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:34 PM   #39
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
what is the big deal about preparing a patch before the game was released?
The NBA live team was selling it as a patch made in response to players opinions when it's not the truth.
No big deal but this thread was destined to get a lot of Live sucks, 2K rules (and vice versa) replies.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:07 PM   #40
BallersTalk
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd El-Krim
Partly, but I think he's being deceptive as well by pretending 2k wasn't working on their patch before release. I'm guessing there is a code drop at least a 2-3 weeks if not a month before the release date to account for the massive distribution effort. After that point, any development that takes place is essentially patchwork. If 2k10 wants to pretend they weren't working on this "patch" before their release they can, but I'd say they're full of ****. The game is not only buggy, parts seem flat out incomplete. Whenever I've been involved in the release of an imcomplete product, we usually continue working to complete it and implement it later. Also, most of their bugs are so in your face that some basic testing would have caught them. It should have been obvious for them what feedback was going to turn up just like it probably was for Live.

2k is probably just putzing around with their patch, just like they putzed around in putting together their game.
This.

2k was doing the exact same thing. It's possible that both games were still unfinished and they already planned on a patch. I think it's hilarious at him calling out EA Sports considering how unfinished 2k10 feels.
BallersTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:24 PM   #41
monkeypox
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
The NBA live team was selling it as a patch made in response to players opinions when it's not the truth.
No big deal but this thread was destined to get a lot of Live sucks, 2K rules (and vice versa) replies.

Not necessarily true. EA does a lot of focus testing after the game goes gold and before shipping. I'm sure at least a couple of you have been asked at a mall or at a gamestop to focus test, I've done it once for one of the madden games. It's kind of unprofessional and petty that someone from the 2k team would do this, particularly someone who probably had nothing to do with the development of the actual game and has no idea what he's talking about. The web team is like the lowest rung of the ladder. Not only that but MS does show preferential treatment in getting game updates approved, so the timetable that 2kgames is used to for approval isn't the same as it is for ea. If anything this shows that the 2k team knows this year's game was kind of a dud compared to last years game and that Live is catching up.
monkeypox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:49 PM   #42
lpublic_enemyl
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypox
Not necessarily true. EA does a lot of focus testing after the game goes gold and before shipping. I'm sure at least a couple of you have been asked at a mall or at a gamestop to focus test, I've done it once for one of the madden games. It's kind of unprofessional and petty that someone from the 2k team would do this, particularly someone who probably had nothing to do with the development of the actual game and has no idea what he's talking about. The web team is like the lowest rung of the ladder. Not only that but MS does show preferential treatment in getting game updates approved, so the timetable that 2kgames is used to for approval isn't the same as it is for ea. If anything this shows that the 2k team knows this year's game was kind of a dud compared to last years game and that Live is catching up.
i'm not a fan of live alto the dribble controls sound kinda cool i noticed some minor problems with 2k10 and when the patch drops and fixes what it says it's gonna fix i'll know i definately bought the better game
lpublic_enemyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:38 AM   #43
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

Here's an idea...why doesnt 2k realease their games a month before the actually year of the game? instead of dropping it early october of 2009 drop it in mid december of 09 which will give them more time to fix the bugs and drop a more complete game. Seems to me like the game was rushed. Although i have fun playing the game and enjoy it, 2k9s gameplay is a little better than 2k10s
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: